Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm an odd looking fellow now. All free stuff they give out lol. Abyss helm and harbinger eyes.

Screenshot.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finally hit an end to SSF.

To each their own, but like hardcore, I just can't see the appeal to SSF. The "challenge" doesn't seem fun. With shit drop rates, one shot mechanics on top of sporadic latency/performance issues, it almost seems like GGG implicitly discourages non-standard gameplay.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
First time real CI char, almost 9500 ES at lvl 80. Cost me very little with this whispering ice/high int hierophant build. I have more currency than I can buy things with atm, looking for people to be online to snag Emperor's Mastery jewels.

Lich fights look really easy. Elder it looks easy or wrecks someone. Guess he's mechanics based. Might be able to get over 11k and just cheese it all for the achievements in HC.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

I know there are other videos on Sextants, but this one to me is the most clear. I'd still rather sell them than use them, but there it is!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm told you're a "total retard" for selling instead of using but pushing your currency to secure a particular pixel esp on HC has never turned out bad for me..

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm told you're a "total retard" for selling instead of using but pushing your currency to secure a particular pixel esp on HC has never turned out bad for me..

Yeah. I hear that argument as well. From my personal experience, I never seemed to get the great returns in terms of item/currency drops, but the RNG gods have never favored me. If I were racing to 100 from an XP perspective I'd probably rethink selling however.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'd say don't sell after the point you're going for non essentials as a compromise and is my current plan.... so I'm not selling any from here on unless I splat and gotta redo

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I know there are other videos on Sextants, but this one to me is the most clear. I'd still rather sell them than use them, but there it is!

Probably as dumb as bisco's with its effect on the game. They were so close to giving people a reason to vary maps and i thought they had it but i forgot about sextent fuckery.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If it becomes as popular as biscos and lycosidae, it will get nerfed. Which it won't. I understand the concept and mostly believe it's a currency gain. Still not going to do it, too much of a pain in the ass. Also, engaging in the atlas war fucks your blocks.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sextant blocking, unless it's changed this league with the new atlas, doesn't really need to be changed. You have to spend a ton of currency constantly buying sextants so you can set up insane maps since you don't get anywhere near enough as drops on your own.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Sextant blocking, unless it's changed this league with the new atlas, doesn't really need to be changed. You have to spend a ton of currency constantly buying sextants so you can set up insane maps since you don't get anywhere near enough as drops on your own.

People have done the "studies" though. Once you set it up it's a fairly hefty net profit running sextent blocked shaped vault. Was just posted yday or the day before on reddit. So just like bisco's, if your goals are to make money and/or push levels, and you don't set it up, you are completely gimping yourself.

I don't give a shit about that sort of min/max but it is pretty annoying that I could quadruple my xp and income if invest ~400 chaos, an hour of work and run shaped vaults over and over and over.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, someone figured out where this drops

Oni-Goroshi

It seems like it would fit in a lot of builds, but which would be best? Shame ignites suck currently, so you can't focus specifically on that.

So I was looking at prices on this yesterday at it was around 50C. Now with a couple of streamers playing it and saying how "OP" it is, price is now an EX. Thinking of farming one as it doesn't seem too hard to do, but time is money...

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
People have done the "studies" though. Once you set it up it's a fairly hefty net profit running sextent blocked shaped vault. Was just posted yday or the day before on reddit. So just like bisco's, if your goals are to make money and/or push levels, and you don't set it up, you are completely gimping yourself.

I don't give a shit about that sort of min/max but it is pretty annoying that I could quadruple my xp and income if invest ~400 chaos, an hour of work and run shaped vaults over and over and over.

Yes. How is that any different than running shaper/guardians/uber atziri over and over and over? I understand you make a profit. You also make a profit if you build a shaper farmer and just farm shaper repeatedly, especially if you sell the kills for achievements or as carries on other peoples sets. Or investing 40c and speed running uber lab over and over. There will always be ways to min/max that don't involve running random maps with random gear on.

50c vs 1ex isn't a huge upswing in price for Oni-Goroshi since exalts are like 75-80c.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yes. How is that any different than running shaper/guardians/uber atziri over and over and over? I understand you make a profit. You also make a profit if you build a shaper farmer and just farm shaper repeatedly, especially if you sell the kills for achievements or as carries on other peoples sets. Or investing 40c and speed running uber lab over and over. There will always be ways to min/max that don't involve running random maps with random gear on.

50c vs 1ex isn't a huge upswing in price for Oni-Goroshi since exalts are like 75-80c.

None really and my annoyance may not be rational, but there is a problem with the speed at which inflation kicks in with both these examples (uber and sextant/atlas manipulation) which may not be great for the health of a given leagues economy and the game in general.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

As I looked at this video, there is a question I have. Are the bad choices you are blocking random? How do I know what I blocked for choices on the map? Which sextants do what?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sextants TLDR are used to add extra packs of mobs or rolling 30% magic packsize mod and then a bunch of other decent mods for magic find like strongbox mods, currency mods etc. When you're exping to 100 you can basically cut the time down in half or more by using sextants to add the packs of mobs then increasing the packsize with the map roll. Of course extra mobs = more drops so when a magic finder toon uses them they are increasing their drops by a lot.

The bad choices you block you only do once a league and they are random from a pool which gets smaller as you block more and more for the maps you are running.

Borzak

Is there a maximum number of buffs you can have on at once? With my charges and flask going and all my other stuff it goes all the way across and hits the minimap. Is that just how many I happen to have or does it stop there and no more. If no maximum does it start a new row?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there a maximum number of buffs you can have on at once? With my charges and flask going and all my other stuff it goes all the way across and hits the minimap. Is that just how many I happen to have or does it stop there and no more. If no maximum does it start a new row?
No max, no new row, you just can't see them. That's why they added the flask duration UI so people can try to keep track of stuff and moved the debuffs in a separate line so you can actually see anything at all and remove self cast auras too. There's still a lot of stuff but not that much is important to track.

Borzak

No max, no new row, you just can't see them. That's why they added the flask duration UI so people can try to keep track of stuff and moved the debuffs in a separate line so you can actually see anything at all and remove self cast auras too. There's still a lot of stuff but not that much is important to track.

Most of it I really don't care about , and the charges circle around, just didn't want to run into a cap or something. But yeah the flask change is nice, I run 5 flask at all times and don't use a life flask and it really helps keep track of them.