Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what you mean? The new addition to tooltips showing what tier your rolls are? Those just let people know the ranges they can divine items at and whether or not it's the best possible roll.

No, the patch notes said:

Patch Notes said:
There's now a UI option called "Advanced Mod Descriptions" which shows additional information about items when you press Alt. It breaks down the mods of the item into separate prefixes and suffixes, shows their possible ranges and what tiers they are. Please note that the tiers shown include all possible base types. For example, if Tier 5 of a mod is the highest that can appear on a ring, then it'll be listed as Tier 5 rather than Tier 1 on that ring. We are looking to improve this aspect in the future.

So when you see an item, you'll see things like

+31(30-40) Health
"SomePrefix" (Tier 3)

Ok, so.. You're saying "if Tier 5 is the highest that can appear then it will be listed as Tier 5". So how do you know what tier 30-40 is? It says Tier 3, using the patch notes Tier 3 is the highest possible. But I don't think it is - I think Tier 3 is what you currently have. Is Tier 3 the highest? Where does it list the highest? If you take the patch notes to heart, what's listed is the highest possible, but then that's not the tier that rolled for you.

It's just stupid and confusing. A much simpler way would simply be something like

+31 (30-40) Health [Tier 3/5]

Or something like that. As it reads now, and is listed now, you still don't know how well your roll was. Unless, I'm completely reading it wrong, then obviously, it's on me.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It goes the other way, Tier 1 is the highest Roll. So being Tier 3 you know there is 2 higher tiers it could have rolled.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
These stats aren't known. The only thing you need to make sure is that you're rolling a shield with a high enough ilvl to get it. 2k alts is very little when it comes to rolling a top tier mod in the end though. There's a reason not that many people bother trying to craft from nothing(I mean it's not the only reason obviously, the regals/scours and exalteds and having lvl 8masters is a lot more expensive/annoying, but the alt process is tedious and expensive enough that it weeds out people right at the start)

yea its i84. i mean i tried to buy one but i saw literlaly just one listed for no price and the dude was afk. so yea i guess it must be crazy rare. kinda dumb since the crit chance for spells is so common, as is cast speed. it seems like theones u cant master craft are extra rare.

Caliane

lets get specific.
6V7vjlO.jpg

can someone explain those tiers?

Stout t9? how is stout t9?
Ring

1. iLvl 1: 3-9 (Hale)
  2. iLvl 5: 10-19 (Healthy)
  3. iLvl 11: 20-29 (Sanguine)
  4. iLvl 15: 15-24 (Elreon lvl 2)
  5. iLvl 18: 30-39 (Stalwart)
  6. iLvl 24: 40-49 (Stout)
  7. iLvl 25: 25-34 (Elreon lvl 4)
  8. iLvl 30: 50-59 (Robust)
  9. iLvl 35: 35-44 (Elreon lv 6)
  10. iLvl 36: 60-69 (Rotund)
  11. iLvl 44: 70-79 (Virile)
Edit:
Body armor. has more tiers.
  1. iLvl 1: 3-9 (Hale)
  2. iLvl 5: 10-19 (Healthy)
  3. iLvl 11: 20-29 (Sanguine)
  4. iLvl 15: 35-44 (Haku lvl 2)
  5. iLvl 18: 30-39 (Stalwart)
  6. iLvl 24: 40-49 (Stout)
  7. iLvl 25: 45-54 (Haku lvl 4)
  8. iLvl 30: 50-59 (Robust)
  9. iLvl 35: 55-64 (Haku lvl 6)
  10. iLvl 36: 60-69 (Rotund)
  11. iLvl 44: 70-79 (Virile)
  12. iLvl 54: 80-89 (Athlete's)
  13. iLvl 64: 90-99 (Fecund)
  14. iLvl 73: 100-109 (Vigorous)
  15. iLvl 81: 110-119 (Rapturous)
  16. iLvl 86: 120-129 (Prime)
Haku is not counted. And, stout is 9 away from prime.
so yeah, body armor, and rings are counted as the same.

yes, that is really stupid. and not super helpful at all, since its useless for anything but body armor basically.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know the travel time for Arc vs Wild Strike? I swear Wild Strike is significantly faster.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
theres a known bug with the tier ranks in the in game thing currently. the tiers assume its a body armour even when u check stuff like rings (which have diff tiers for life for example). so for example a 75 hp life roll on a ring which is t1, will come across as being t4 (since 75hp would be a t4 body roll).

i still use the poe.trade macro for this reason. but the in game one is useful for knowing if something has a hybrid role or not

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shield throw looks really, really fun. Might make it my league starter...just like everyone else on the planet.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Haku is not counted. And, stout is 9 away from prime.
so yeah, body armor, and rings are counted as the same.

yes, that is really stupid. and not super helpful at all, since its useless for anything but body armor basically.

They probably don't have seperate affix databases for every item type, just limits on what can and can't be rolled on specific items.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kinda silly that stat sticks have introduced a situation where weapon skills that DON'T have weapon restrictions are worse than those that do. Oni-Goroshi is the only thing the only thing keeping those kind of skills competitive. Look, that silly weapon found a niche!

Strongly considering farming that at the start of the next league and going Wild Strike. Quite fun watching those cold wave projectiles or lighting bolts chain 1-1.5 screens away. Not quite, but kinda feels like Kinetic Blast for how far you can project your killing swath. Swap Ancestor's Call for Damage on Full Life, got pretty good single target too.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
i know sites thta list the affixes for items, but is there anywhere with info on how common certain affixes are compared to others? I ve probably poured 2k alts now into this ES shield ive been trying to craft but havent hit t1 spell damage even once. I've hit t1 in just about everythign else like 10 times.
justwondering if im just wasting my time or if im getting incredibly unlucky

Have to go into settings I think under UI to allow advanced mod descriptions tooltip. Then hit ALT to show it. Also can use path of building to "craft" each type and the pulldowns will show what each implicit, suffix, prefix can roll and what each one can roll.

Last edited:

Borzak

I'm terrible at pricing stuff, especially not used in my build. I know at the end of the league stuff not worth anything but for future reference. I got an elder 1hs sword with +2 to melee gems and supported by lvl 20 multistrike is something someone would use, or would they just keep their attack gem/skill in the 6 link chest piece instead of the weapon?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Generally speaking, +2 to melee is kinda bad. Melee skills scale by giving slightly increased damage %, so the difference between say 20 and 22 is pretty small. Spells are the ones that scale well with +lvl because it increases the base damage, so it's like a more multiplier for your increased damage % values(which are super high endgame). Now in some cases there's some overlap, for example while +3 bow isn't very good with bow attacks for the same reason, it is useful for at least one skill, explosive arrow, which scales damage like a spell. And obviously anything like +2fire is good since it works both on fire attacks, on which it is meh, but obviously also on fire spells, which is great.

If the weapon doesn't have good damage on top, then it's pretty bad. A single support isn't worth losing pretty much 80% of your damage output from having high base damage on the weapon. This is especially true for a 1H weapon where the link isn't even that good since it's still a 4L max, so pretty garbo. You need at least 2 different affixes that add supports to make it worthwhile, and preferably 3, otherwise it's not worth using over just a weapon with flat phys+phys% or elem damage lines depending on the build.

So I'd say it's probably worth nothing.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It goes the other way, Tier 1 is the highest Roll. So being Tier 3 you know there is 2 higher tiers it could have rolled.

Well, this makes a lot more sense, though it's still confusing/conflicting when the patch notes say: "Please note that the tiers shown include all possible base types. For example, if Tier 5 of a mod is the highest that can appear on a ring, then it'll be listed as Tier 5 rather than Tier 1 on that ring."

In that context, "highest" actually means "worst".

Yeah, that's some ass communication. They had to work hard to miscommunicate it that badly.

Borzak

Last night had someone buy something and come to my hideout. Asked how to split stacks of chaos. Guy was wearing full MTX. Said he was sorry for asking how to split but it was his first time buying anything from a player. Seemed odd considering the amount of MTX he had on.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That sounds like we're in for a well-tested and balanced environment come next week!
TBH they could balance their tits off, but majority of the playerbase would still consider anything not played by Ziz/Mathil/random streamer unviable and trash.