Path of Exile

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Last night had someone buy something and come to my hideout. Asked how to split stacks of chaos. Guy was wearing full MTX. Said he was sorry for asking how to split but it was his first time buying anything from a player. Seemed odd considering the amount of MTX he had on.

I was the same way when I first started getting serious about the end game. Though I didn't have to ask how to split stacks. I just know the feeling of going into the end game and not knowing shit and having a good amount of MTX.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TBH they could balance their tits off, but majority of the playerbase would still consider anything not played by Ziz/Mathil/random streamer unviable and trash.

Ziz builds tend to be really super expensive on HC, either by virtue of the Mathil effect or because Ziz is just that rich, but stats for HC class usage are always more varied/diverse than SC.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ziz builds tend to be really super expensive on HC, either by virtue of the Mathil effect or because Ziz is just that rich, but stats for HC class usage are always more varied/diverse than SC.
If I wanted to play HC seriously, I'd play several characters too, you need a bosskiller, map farmer and uberlab farmer at the very least. Sometimes they overlap and then you need to replace whatever you just ripped, so you switch up the builds a bit too.
Ziz can afford to nolife the first week which would make anyone filthy rich not to mention he has his bitchboys if he needs them.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I wanted to play HC seriously, I'd play several characters too, you need a bosskiller, map farmer and uberlab farmer at the very least. Sometimes they overlap and then you need to replace whatever you just ripped, so you switch up the builds a bit too.

I've never had more than one character I play at a time on HC.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Shield throw looks really cool, but I'm torn if it'd be even cooler if you could throw multiple shields at stuff with some combination of ascendancy, nodes, or gems.

I'm looking forward to the ascendancy changes as well, even though I'm just a filthy n00b/casual.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The ascendancy changes have my attention. But I'd really like to see or know more on the capture mechanics and if that is going to be mostly for crafting or integral to the league itself.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Shield throw looks really cool, but I'm torn if it'd be even cooler if you could throw multiple shields at stuff with some combination of ascendancy, nodes, or gems.

I'm looking forward to the ascendancy changes as well, even though I'm just a filthy n00b/casual.

I'd love to start the league with shield throw too but the problem is everyone and there mama gonna be rocking it so getting a good shield gonna be fucking painful.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Kind of what I was thinking as well. Anything new and cool is gonna be hard to find or really expensive.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'd love to start the league with shield throw too but the problem is everyone and there mama gonna be rocking it so getting a good shield gonna be fucking painful.

Yup, most likely.

Hmm, maybe time to make a build off of the last league's new skill? :D

Borzak

GGG post on their forums the most and least played ascendancies and such. I'm sure the least played is also the suckiest, but probably the cheapest heh. I think hierophant was last.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I dont know how hard you go but if you play a decent amount its still worth doing. That shield that will be 20-30c on day 2 will be 2-3 ex by 1 week in.

Borzak

Little more on the capture stuff. Lot of fluff stuff but the start shows some capture stuff.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I dont know how hard you go but if you play a decent amount its still worth doing. That shield that will be 20-30c on day 2 will be 2-3 ex by 1 week in.

I typical go full poopsock for a couple weeks but may be a little more chill this season.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
We're yet to see the scaling on shield toss yet, but it mechanically seems worse than other skills. I get that it's new, but nobody is playing charged dash or storm burst anymore. Dark Pact has a very small niche, and will likely have a better one if projectiles are brought in line.

But, what is shield toss offering? If you don't put chain or fork on it, a good amount of the shrapnel is automatically wasted. With chain, what is it doing that a GMP + chain tornado shot isn't doing better?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
People stopped playing dark pact because of the nerfs to the skill and to vaal pact. Storm burst just sucked, not sure on charged dash.

Good shields are not hard to find at all. The only reason they're sometimes expensive/rare is because they're either gg caster shields and because nobody identifies anything else than those. I find tons of nice shields every league. Uniques will also still be everywhere.

I see no reason why shields will suddenly somehow become expensive.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's why I said mechanically. Aesthetics can't be argued. Nor can skills survive on that alone.

• 1Solidarity