Path of Exile

pigfish_sl

shitlord
Avoid going full summoner imo, focus on summon and one other element instead for faster killing speed and more interactive gaming.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I wish there was a better way for them to introduce new gems. Really looking forward to the 3 new support gems next week, really not looking forward to possibly having to level a new character to get them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wish there was a better way for them to introduce new gems. Really looking forward to the 3 new support gems next week, really not looking forward to possibly having to level a new character to get them.
That's what this game has been all about for me. Alt junky

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That's what this game has been all about for me. Alt junky
Me too, I have like 15 characters.
smile.png
I just don't feel like having to run one up just to get gems. More than one if I want multiples, ugh.

smile.png

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone recall where remote mine is available? i remember seeing it as a reward at some point but didnt get it. Curious to see if remote mine + fire trap lets me lay 5 mine/traps, with that mine dmg bonus the dps would just be silly

Dashivax

N00b
Me too, I have like 15 characters.
smile.png
I just don't feel like having to run one up just to get gems. More than one if I want multiples, ugh.
Uh what is the alternative? Make them drop only. It is an item find game after all what do you expect.

I actually think its a bit retarded the new skills are low level quest rewards and not max level gems that are drop only like chain, gmp, elemental hit etc.

smile.png

Caliane

buy them from people?

Pryos even said he set up a farm and was selling, previously. such a great idea.

Especially now with act 3 in. getting to cruel for those quest rewards is much slower now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was a while ago though at launch with clarity and such. Cruel gems aren't worth it, you need to lvl to 20 to enter cruel, which is dumb and slow as fuck and also hard to multibox efficiently unless you replicate keypresses and shit but I don't wanna bother. For normal though it takes less than 30mins to run a new char in dual box(or 5 doesn't really matter) to act3 rewards assuming your main has enough quicksilvers.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hardcore races take care of that, if you do them you will have an abundance of characters sitting at odd levels. They are generally very profitable even without the bonus of having a character that is ready to get some act 2/3 gems.

I'm consistently amazed how quickly some people are able to level in hardcore races. Specifically how they are able to have the right gear to take down Merveil within 40 minutes. I was able to take her down in a 1 hour race once so far at about 50 minutes, every other time seems to be some combination of shit luck in general or shit luck in getting cold resist.

Whatever though, I'm damn proud of my 52 points, can't wait to get the ilvl100 coral ring.

Elerion

N00b
Racers generally only use 1 or 2 skill gems. Use the other A1 quest rewards to grab random blue gems, then use the blue gem + iron ring recipe to make cold resist rings.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Here's some details on the new melee support gems from Chris:

The 0.10.5 patch that was due this coming Wednesday has been delayed for a week because of the vast combinations of skills to test with the new support gems. Instead we'll be deploying the 0.10.4b patch which will contain the week's set of new Unique items (all four of which are designed by Diamond supporters). This news post explains what support gems you can expect in the 0.10.5 patch and touches on a few other issues.

I'm really sorry about having to delay the 0.10.5 patch by a week. Three of our senior developers are away at GDC this week negotiating business deals and stalking other developers. We tried extremely hard to have the patch ready before the end of this week (so that it could be deployed on time), but the new support gems have enough complex problems that it's much safer to deploy them a week later.

Because some other elements of this patch are ready, like the four Unique items, we're deploying them in a 0.10.4b (or appropriate letter) patch on Wednesday. We really enjoy people engage with the weekly unique hunt on these forums and on reddit, so we don't want to skip that this week.

To help make the wait for the new support gems easier, here are details on what they do!

Strength Support Gem - Melee Splash: Adds an area of effect splash radius to a single target melee attack.
Strength/Dexterity Support Gem - Multistrike: Causes you to attack quickly three times with a melee attack. New targets are selected for subsequent attacks if available.
Intelligence Support Gem - Power Charge on Critical: Critical strikes with the supported skill have a chance of granting you a Power Charge.

Needless to say, these are currently the most overpowered insanity the Alpha realm has seen for some time. We're working on making sure they're impactful without completing unbalancing the game :p

I'm also sorry for not finishing the Community Q&A answers yet. I have a bunch of time on planes in the next couple of days to work on those, though! If I completely run out of time I may just answer most of the questions rather than all. I was hoping to answer them all.

By the way, we're definitely listening to vocal feedback on topics like loot allocation. While we haven't said anything in the last few days, there is a lot of discussion occurring internally about various options for those systems. I'll post more once there's more information.

If there are any fans in San Francisco who want to try to meet up while we're at GDC, email me at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */. Please understand that we're very busy with business meetings so may not have much time to meet people (and are only bringing a small amount of shirts to give out), but I'm definitely keen to meet up if the time is good. Monday until around 3pm is currently pretty clear. If there's a lot of interest maybe we can make a meetup out of it.

The Daily Deals we launched earlier this week have been a huge success! We're getting great engagement with the deals and this means more content for you guys over time
smile.png

smile.png

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's some details on the new mellee support gems from Chris:

The 0.10.5 patch that was due this coming Wednesday has been delayed for a week because of the vast combinations of skills to test with the new support gems. Instead we'll be deploying the 0.10.4b patch which will contain the week's set of new Unique items (all four of which are designed by Diamond supporters). This news post explains what support gems you can expect in the 0.10.5 patch and touches on a few other issues.

I'm really sorry about having to delay the 0.10.5 patch by a week. Three of our senior developers are away at GDC this week negotiating business deals and stalking other developers. We tried extremely hard to have the patch ready before the end of this week (so that it could be deployed on time), but the new support gems have enough complex problems that it's much safer to deploy them a week later.

Because some other elements of this patch are ready, like the four Unique items, we're deploying them in a 0.10.4b (or appropriate letter) patch on Wednesday. We really enjoy people engage with the weekly unique hunt on these forums and on reddit, so we don't want to skip that this week.

To help make the wait for the new support gems easier, here are details on what they do!

Strength Support Gem - Melee Splash: Adds an area of effect splash radius to a single target melee attack.
Strength/Dexterity Support Gem - Multistrike: Causes you to attack quickly three times with a melee attack. New targets are selected for subsequent attacks if available.
Intelligence Support Gem - Power Charge on Critical: Critical strikes with the supported skill have a chance of granting you a Power Charge.

Needless to say, these are currently the most overpowered insanity the Alpha realm has seen for some time. We're working on making sure they're impactful without completing unbalancing the game :p

I'm also sorry for not finishing the Community Q&A answers yet. I have a bunch of time on planes in the next couple of days to work on those, though! If I completely run out of time I may just answer most of the questions rather than all. I was hoping to answer them all.

By the way, we're definitely listening to vocal feedback on topics like loot allocation. While we haven't said anything in the last few days, there is a lot of discussion occurring internally about various options for those systems. I'll post more once there's more information.

If there are any fans in San Francisco who want to try to meet up while we're at GDC, email me at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */. Please understand that we're very busy with business meetings so may not have much time to meet people (and are only bringing a small amount of shirts to give out), but I'm definitely keen to meet up if the time is good. Monday until around 3pm is currently pretty clear. If there's a lot of interest maybe we can make a meetup out of it.

The Daily Deals we launched earlier this week have been a huge success! We're getting great engagement with the deals and this means more content for you guys over time
smile.png
I live in SF. When/where is this gdc?

smile.png