Path of Exile

Caliane

jesus. hierophant arcane surge line seems totally broken.

25% inc aoe, .5% spell leech( no warlords), 40% inc spell damage, immune to elemental ailments.
Gain arcane surge when you or your totem on hit with a spell. ON HIT. no mana cost.
Arcane Surge Support
surge level not stated, but it doesnt even matter.. its 10% more spell damage, .5% mana regen and 10 faster cast at level 1..

holy shit.

add into that, the previously amazing MoM nodes. 150 mana, 10% damage to mana, and slightly buffed sancutary of thought, which now has 10% less mana reservation as well.

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Hierophant totem builds are going to be pretty nice for league starters. Four totems with 90% totem placement speed with no downside? Sign me up heh. Will obviously wait for the full changes for every class.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am really liking the assassin changes for CoC discharge. That build has always suffered on single target damage. But 100% increased damage? No crit 1-shots from bosses too?! Holy crapo.

Hierophant also looks amazing. These changes are sooo hype!

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Heiro looks insane. I really don't feel like playing DP totems again but its so strong for league start and maybe I'll transition to some elemental/shimmeron totem shenanigans.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ah yeah you're right, but the %armor on the shield is local and if that one would be multiplied further, so it'd make the shield insanely strong since it's up permanently pretty much. That'd be like 1500armor with 170%mod so 4050 plus the base of the shield which is already 1500 so 5550armor on one piece of gear, then multiplied by your total armor% mod, hell it might actually make armor viable, so yeah doubt it works like that that's just too much armor. It's already 3000ish armor which is pretty strong.

I'm sure it doesn't multiply that 1500 by the %armor roll on the shield but achieving a high armor number isn't the reason it's unpopular. I've had builds that pull over 100k armor before and that was quite a while ago. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get 200k+ if you have nice gear aimed at it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, pizza totems making a comeback ?

Although with all the broken shaper items, I'm inclined to do bladefall or GC again.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
has anyone gotten an elder or shaped stygian vise to drop? ugh its all i want at this point in the league ive been goin at it hard in red maps the past couple weeks and still no luck.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh damn these Hierophant changes are pretty big, especially like the synergy with MoM, can probably make a real tanky motherfucker with all these and Cloak of Defiance. Like assassin stuff too, don't know how it is currently cause I never played one but no reflect from crits and crits cull with basically 100%crit chance on anything either at full life or under 33% life seem pretty cool. Also like that he can basically negate crits against bosses as long as there's no trash mobs around, should make it a little less shit at surviving.

Pretty excited to see the Elementalist changes now, elem was pretty powerful overall until they fucked up with status ailments and dots. Wonder if it'll have a potential bigger focus on golems, I could go with an elem summoner build to switch it up a little bit if it's better supported like Hiero and totem. Also curious what they'll do to necro, it's one of the most popular spec so probably not many buffs but I wouldn't mind if they removed the whole support aspect and made shit stronger for minions(or just made stuff stronger for minions), and the chaos node should probably be reworked into something more interesting.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Hierophant totem builds are going to be pretty nice for league starters. Four totems with 90% totem placement speed with no downside? Sign me up heh. Will obviously wait for the full changes for every class.

Iron Commander Hierophant looks hilarious. That's going to be 10%/5% regen from that node alone?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hierophant was already kickin ass for me.

Most interested in Sab/Champ right now. Haven't really given either a fair shake.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Assassin looks awesome, wish they would revert the CoC cooldown nerfs a tiny bit and bring back the fun.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does poison sustain on bosses outside of LoH though?

I have no idea if youre asking me, I haven't used poison since the nerfs. I did probably 50 different poison builds when it was meta and would apply it and sustain it from different methods. Mostly though I have always used assassin for crit or CoC stuff when it was meta. You can bet things like Cospri's Malice and the good CoC uniques are going to skyrocket in price though again. The single target buff and power charge generation change go a long long way into making CoC better at bosses where it sucked before.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How does poison sustain on bosses outside of LoH though?
Can do assassins without poison, just crit anything. Poison otherwise leeches off physical. You obviously can't leech off your dots, but you have to hit pretty hard for poison builds anyway, it's not like top tier damage but it's still reasonable that it'll give decent leech. Can also LoH claws shenanigans if you're doing melee poison stuff. That said I probably wouldn't bother too much with poison still, it's good for single but aoe you might as well use something else anyway so might as well build without poison at all in the first place.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea if youre asking me, I haven't used poison since the nerfs. I did probably 50 different poison builds when it was meta and would apply it and sustain it from different methods. Mostly though I have always used assassin for crit or CoC stuff when it was meta. You can bet things like Cospri's Malice and the good CoC uniques are going to skyrocket in price though again. The single target buff and power charge generation change go a long long way into making CoC better at bosses where it sucked before.
It was a question for anyone really. What are those different methods? LoH and LPS?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can do assassins without poison, just crit anything. Poison otherwise leeches off physical. You obviously can't leech off your dots, but you have to hit pretty hard for poison builds anyway, it's not like top tier damage but it's still reasonable that it'll give decent leech. Can also LoH claws shenanigans if you're doing melee poison stuff. That said I probably wouldn't bother too much with poison still, it's good for single but aoe you might as well use something else anyway so might as well build without poison at all in the first place.
Not really. If you want good poison damage, 99% of your damage is backloaded. You aren't leech shit off your initial hit.