Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's more about the two statsticks that each give +130% extra damage of an element +16% elemental penetration and crit multi. That's power creep!

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider

Looks like pathfinder seems to be the power level they are trying to bring all the other ascendancies in line with.

Only two changes I've noticed on Nature's Boon:
8% reduction of elemental damage > 6% reduction
1 flask charge gained every 3 seconds > 3 flask charges gained every 3 seconds. This is a pretty decent buff imo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not really. If you want good poison damage, 99% of your damage is backloaded. You aren't leech shit off your initial hit.
It's possible that it's close to 99%, but the initial hits do exist and do leech some damage back and stuff tends to die before most of your poison damage kicks in anyway other than bosses, due to the dot nature obviously. Look up Mathil's Wasp Nest build, it's more or less how you build it although you can replace Perfect Agony with Coralito's Signature(unique flask) that was added after he made his build video which frees up a bunch of points and makes it stronger. But you can see in his video in a few areas he's leeching. You just shouldn't expect to face tank shaper beam, it's like, shit leech, like high life regen leech type. It's ok to cover small hits of damage, counteract some dot effects or just speed up healing from a health flask(which is necessary), it's just yeah if you want to never use a flask and stuff it's definitely not good.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just like reflect fucks over 50% of the builds out there. Just reroll the map mod. Taunt immune bosses still a problem though.

Edit: Offtopic, I am looking to buy one pair of bricked shaper gloves(failed corruption turned rare) in Abyss!

Last edited:

Caliane

drunkfinder nerf. unplayable. #suicidewatch

im surprised the poison node didnt get buffed or reworked.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's more about the two statsticks that each give +130% extra damage of an element +16% elemental penetration and crit multi. That's power creep!

I'd be really surprised if anyone on this board had an item matching such a description.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't really expecting any Pathfinder buffs to overall power level. But not doing anything to master surgeon nor the poison node is disappointing.

Caliane

Is GC even relevent anymore, people seem to go nuts over the new ascendancy changes.
yes? gc is stupid strong. an easy league starter choice.

I tried freezepulse before the end of abyss. and just kept being disappointed with how shit it was compared to glacial cascade.

Elementalist buffs should help. Heirophant mom+totems or arcane surge should be great with it. inquis already was. sab mines already were.

But also yes, phys>elemental conversion is stronger then just raw cold damage. The addition of those shaper phys>element items is just bonkers, and does make skills like glacial cascade potentially broken.

GC was essentially buffed like 3 leagues in a row. some direct, some indirect.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd be really surprised if anyone on this board had an item matching such a description.

I'm up to 3 mirrored items this league and I've bought a 4th mirror and still have 118ex ish left in Abyss. I'm a newbie compared to the guys like Fyndel and Drake in my guild who some leagues make 3-5 mirrors in the first week.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey it's me, your brother.

Dont you play HC homie? you can be filthy rich next league if you dont mind being SSF for 10 days. The HC SSF and even normal SSF never ever have lab runners (since its SSF ofc). You can make any kind of lab runner and easily do the top time daily. I am horrible at speed running and I got the gems for Merciless / Cruel / Uber lab every single day while i was SSF. You can then just migrate to normal HC and sell them for 2-10ex per depending on which it is.

I was really surprised no one did this again during Abyss. I saw one of the Path of Diablo devs do it doing Harbinger so I know others know about that method.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What gems I have no idea what is going on lol. I thought speed runs are just for fun? Where do you get rewards?is there a way to make money like this in temp leagues?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What gems I have no idea what is going on lol. I thought speed runs are just for fun? Where do you get rewards?is there a way to make money like this in temp leagues?

There is a ladder where people compete to see who can clear each lab difficulty tier the fastest and its recorded by the company. Path of Exile - The top time speed wise for completion in every difficulty gets a jewel once a day that only comes from getting those best times. People FREAK the fuck out over increased character size and these jewels (4 total) have 3% each on them. On top of that they also have one or all attributes from like 4-7% each so they are just really good in general.

This only works in temporary leagues not standard for money. Youll get an extra loot tab with your reward thats available in any league including temporary ones just like you would race rewards. Thats how you see crazy priced alternate art items for sale in temp leagues that were rewards from years ago.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hm but the reward is just to the top person only? I can’t imagine I’ll be the only one in the league trying to do this. Which would be the only way I see myself winning a speed run

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hm but the reward is just to the top person only? I can’t imagine I’ll be the only one in the league trying to do this. Which would be the only way I see myself winning a speed run

1 per league per tier so 4 per league per day, and SSF's count as their own league. No one even looking at them now is speed running except merciless for both HC and normal SSF Abyss - Path of Exile