Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
im not sure how i feel about this sextant change. I guess a lot of poeple were calling it broken but it was for me and alot of other poeple the best way to sustain red tier maps. I hope along with this sextant nerf there will be some adjustment to map drop rates, unless they just dont want people being able to reliably sustain maps at end game

I betcha anything patch notes will include higher red map drops and slightly more map density. Especially in conjunction with the already teased "fixed difficulty" for nap mods.

They must know they fucked up map drops in abyss.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Depends if somebody posts a starter build around it or not :D

I'm either going spectremancer or spell totem hiero, split between frostbolt, GC and bladefall

I'm hoping I can find some for cheap to vaal for +1 curse since I used it in the mockup trickster I did in PoB earlier, more for the dodge chances than the accuracy but the accuracy would be nice too.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stolen from reddit

t3_80exrb.jpg

Caliane

so, attack witch. I have an idea, I think one of you should try. I play ssf mostly, so its not super feasible for me.

Attack elementalist. one thing most gloss over is, the effect now applies to all golems, not just elemental. so you can get 25,50,75,100% effect on chaos and stone golems as well. Elem status immunity is super good as well, obviously.

3 golems. Elem status immunity with elemental. or stone for regen, chaos for phys reduc. you could go ice/light/chaos.
60% inc golem damage.
cannot be chilled or frozen cannot be shocked.
ice golem with 75% inc effect= 52% inc crit strike, 52% inc accuracy
light golem with 75% inc effect= 15.75% inc attack/cast speed buff.
chaos golem with 75% inc effect=7% phys DR 12% ele resist 40% inc ele damage 8% attack/cast speed

damage penetrates 25% fire resist with herald of ash 25% effect of heralds 25% reduced mana reservation of heralds 18.75% phys gained as fire 19% reserved without additional.
75% in aoe every 5s, 75% inc ele damage. yeah..

phys dr, a ton of attack speed, ele status immunity. (pathfinder/raider are loved for a reason) you may choose flame over ice. or get another +1 golem elsewhere(anima stone), to get flame golem as well. Which would be ideal, for that extra effect, and all 3 status immunities. yes, you are running 4 golems at this point. unset rings might be needed, depending on the skill.

The signal fire. avatar of fire. lioneye's fallx2.

Lioneye's Fall
This with the staff nodes is stupid good. disemboweling.

can also go xophs nuture. single fire, and avatar of fire are 50% each, so mix and match.

Any phys bow skill would be fine. can also go explosive arrow to make use of inc aoe.
or blast rain, also has 50% fire conversion.(I didnt even know that)

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What other defenses are you planning? 7% phys DR is a nice cherry on top, but it looks like the only defensive measure you have so far. Leech and Acrobatics are too far away on the tree to get with staff nodes, so you're looking at pure armor or Mind Over Matter as your primary defense, neither of which I think work very well in that role.

Caliane

Dual curse, curse effect warlords+poachers. you are up there already. poachers life/mana on hit, frenzy, and less evasion is ideal. with both life and mana on hit, and leech, MoM should actually be fueled easily, better then with spells even.
bow block! knockback on crit with staves/(bows) end charges.

koams heart. fire damage bro!

split arrow, coh, warlords/poachers 4s gripped glove
summon chaos, ice, lit, anger 4s helm.
blinkarrow,fa, herald of ash 3s boot. 4th socket can be 4th golem if you run animus.
6s bow your attack, lets say blast rain, fa, ele damage, conc eff, elem focus, fire pen.

if not, koam's heart. then, cwdt, ic, molten shell, inc duration.

something like this:

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Have a feeling warchief totem heiro gonna be one of the best league starters but imma prob go crit LT / Spark (swap) totem heiro.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
After reading up on Champion changes might try out a crit Tectonic Strike build with it, always enjoyed how good their balance of tank/dps was and it's only gotten better now that you don't have to spec accuracy or Resolute Technique anymore. Seems like their's a lot more variety for league starting builds now with every class having at least one strong starter ascendancy now.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ok they kinda changed necro the right way.

Fail on elementalist vs Inquisitor still.

Still lol @ sab.

Ah welp.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dual curse, curse effect warlords+poachers.

Tbh, I'd think Temp Chains + Enfeeble would be a lot better in terms of survival, but curses are damn near useless on bosses now. Kaom's is a great item, sure, but hedging the bulk of your survival on any item (especially an expensive one) is probably not a good way to build a character unless you have the funds/item already. Bow block requires Rearguard, and it still sucks even if you pick up the staff nodes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to find a replacement for my Wild Strike setup and I just can't seem to make it work. It was going to use Oni-Goroshi since Wild Strike can't use shaper stat sticks. I just can't find any weapon combo that competes with even a Scaeva/shaper stat stick combo, assuming the skill you use prevents usage of the stat stick.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Spoonfeed me on those hiero totem builds you guys are talking about. I still need a league starter and I found glacial cascade to be extremely clunky without a mine totem to blow them up.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trickster Doomfletch --> Uber Elder ASAP, taking off Mon and Tues to get real virgin / fuccboi this release