Path of Exile

Caliane

Except that Chris is on record saying that they simply have to guess, since nobody does MTX like they do and even if they did, nobody is sharing the data. Just like most of digital pricing, stuff is worth what the creator says it's worth and what the audience doesn't find offensive.
I'm fairly sure that from an accounting perspective, it's also way easier to just bill people for 60$+ and then make them spend points. Processing fees for small costs add up. I'm sure there's a fair amount of people who are just looking to dump their points after buying the supporter packs.
yeah.

Also consider, you can not buy supporter packs with points.
I am pretty sure they are on record for stating the Supporter packs are their main income.

I am fairly sure the mystery boxes, and even most of the other MTX is mostly just to drain any "free" points people have left over from Supporter packs.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm sure it is, and it's a good use for those coins assuming you don't want any more stash tabs. Exclusive/limited is a big selling point for, i'm assuming, a fairly significant amount of people.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone else get a ripping/distorted sound from the fire attack of Wild Strike? My old Sennheisers had random distortion issues related to typical explosion sounds, I've bought new headphones since(Beyerdynamic DT880), and essentially replaced my computer over the years. I kinda got used to it and it's been less noticeable on the new headphones, but now it's bugging me again because the shitty speakers on my LG monitor does not have the ripping noise.

I'm not sure if that means the monitor speakers are so shitty they can't even the play the frequency that would cause the ripping, or I just have two bum headphones from two different manufacturers. I'm also willing to blame my headphone amp/decoder, FIIO E10, I think that's been the same throughout. I'd test without it, but I don't think my computer's direct output is strong enough to drive DT880s.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Tried to pay for a merc lab carry. Nobody was interested even at inflated rates. I decided to try it and grab all the darkshrines, first one was permanent acceleration shrine. Helped. I got the same exact darkshrine on the last two, 2 uses of enchantment deal. That was going to be no help on fight lol. Wound up going up against 3rd phase with only one font down and all 3 gargoyles up. One shot Izaro before I could flask. Not going to argue but nice suprise. I was running around trying to kill the other stuff and was like, what is all this shit on the ground - oh he's dead.

Two uses of enchant deal wound up with the same freaking enchantment. Increased area to ice nova. After first one tried again and the same thing. What are the odds of that? I'm an ice build so maybe look into it to see what the hell it is just to play around with. Never used it, don't know jack about it. I'm frost blades fast clear with molten strike for single target raider.

You can try an ice nova totem too

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't play with sound so no help there. I'll look into an ice nova totem. I'm sure by the time I get into it a new helm will be added lol.

Borzak

Does onslaught support show a buff icon? I have curse on hit, assasins mark, herald of ice, onslaught. Herald of ice shows 42% chance to get onslaught on killing blow. But it never shows up if I get it.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol tried a white elder. This char won't be killing him at all this league I think. Got him to like 98% and half the floor was covered in poop, he just always had 50billion ES and never took any hp damage because who doesn't love bosses who get 753002308380283032082380383 hps to make them "challenging" or "engaging" fights.

Borzak

Also do exalts normally go up in price chaos wise as the league progresses? Been really lucky and picked up 3 ex in the last 5 days and wondering if I should convert them now or hold on till I need them.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Just did a quick check looks like they're around 80 now, they'll probably get up around 90-100 in another week or three. Thing is, expensive items also tend to increase in price as the league goes on and exalt ratios change so IMO it depends on whether you need the chaos for something now or not. If not, might as well save them but if you do need stuff now I don't see any reason to wait.

If you sell 3 for 80c a piece today and they go up to 95 in 2 weeks you're missing out on 45c but if it gets you good upgrades (or fun but that's not a material stat) you could probably make up that 45c by being stronger/faster farmer in those 2 weeks.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Lol tried a white elder. This char won't be killing him at all this league I think. Got him to like 98% and half the floor was covered in poop, he just always had 50billion ES and never took any hp damage because who doesn't love bosses who get 753002308380283032082380383 hps to make them "challenging" or "engaging" fights.
How did you kill the guardians if you can't even dent the elder ? He's much easier than guardians and shaper to begin with.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Friends got a 5 T1 rolled tri-elemental Gemini Claw yesterday. Today? Chanced a headhunter. They're sitting pretty.

ME? I'm just trynna wait for that Loreweave price to drop so I can get the Glacial Hammer build to it's TRUE potential!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How did you kill the guardians if you can't even dent the elder ? He's much easier than guardians and shaper to begin with.

T16 guardians? I'm barely into yellow maps. I'm sure this char i'm playing won't be able to kill shaper either. Maybe guardians.

I'm not a fan of the shaper fight but don't mind the guardians, usually just run them and sell the shaper sets in the leagues I go that far.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
T16 guardians? I'm barely into yellow maps. I'm sure this char i'm playing won't be able to kill shaper either. Maybe guardians.

I'm not a fan of the shaper fight but don't mind the guardians, usually just run them and sell the shaper sets in the leagues I go that far.
I meant Elder's guardians, those fights aren't all that different in terms of dps requirement, even if they have annoying invulnerability phases.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So I'm working on leveling and getting my Deadeye geared since I farmed a shit load on my other two characters and stripped them. Was chaos spamming some steel rings and ended up with 2 decent ones.

Would you try to gamble a better roll on the +mana steel ring or call it a day?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would definitely reroll the second one. First one is good; you still have an open craftable suffix to fill in a resist gap. Second one has some damage on it but just a single resist and no open prefix to craft life on it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy fuck these map drop rates are horrendous. And why is everyone suddenly trading in alchemy only. Ratio was like 1.8 alc per chaos briefly yesterday.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck these map drop rates are horrendous. And why is everyone suddenly trading in alchemy only. Ratio was like 1.8 alc per chaos briefly yesterday.

I've had decent map sustain, but my alchs/chisels have been shit. I think I've gotten maybe 100 and since I rarely pick up items types I don't need I've had to resort to trading for them.

I would definitely reroll the second one. First one is good; you still have an open craftable suffix to fill in a resist gap. Second one has some damage on it but just a single resist and no open prefix to craft life on it.

I think I'm resist capped already, but ya not being able to craft life was my hesitation. Contemplating just seeing what I can get for it and rolling an opal ring instead.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you are resist capped, I'd recommend just using alt/augs/regals until you hit flat phys + life, then craft on your last affix to whatever you want(or ex slams if you aren't broke!)