Path of Exile

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
How did you deal with the degen in between packs?

Swap out one of my DPS flasks for a life flask on those map mods and rapid movement. Running bloodlines most of the time so it never took more than a few seconds to be next to mobs again unless I derped it up.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp, got my flameblast to 21/20 yesterday and tried my t13 elder again, just can't get past 2nd phase. 4th portal always fails and then the fight is a giant clusterfuck with 80 adds and my totems just can't do dps. Time to make a new char.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
What is the best way to get more maps? I have hit some sort of wall around tier 4/5 maps and not progressing any further.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
What is the best way to get more maps? I have hit some sort of wall around tier 4/5 maps and not progressing any further.

1) Alch all your maps
2) If you have 3 of the same map you can vendor them for the next map of higher tier according to the Atlas
3) Buy some from peeps or ask guild(I give out white/yellow maps for free if I got em, I'm sure others will do the same)
4) Sometimes you just gotta grind away at the maps you have, even if you've done em already

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

Are you on BSC? I can reinstall PoE tonight. I think I have like 50-100 left over in the t1-t10 range that my friend didn't want that you can have.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Make sure to buy maps from zana as you do her dailies or she reaches a new level, both will refresh her map offerings. Really cheap way to increase your map completion. For this league only(although, hopefully semi-permanently) there's Horizon Orbs. Though, I didn't get the recipe for that until I was in red tier, so that might not be a direct option for you.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'll be on char 3 pretty soon myself :>

Yeah, I might do spec throw with that 2nd belly I have and the claw. Not 100% sure yet. I'd imagine spec throw can still bosskill pretty well. Maybe blade vortex if I can figure out what kind of setup the elementalist who carried a malformation boss for me earlier had, she 1shot them basically and it was not easy mods on the map heh.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is a good scion base bosskiller build that can also do a reasonable number of map mods so I don’t have to reroll a bunch? I don’t have time to start a new char. But I’m open to pretty much any playstyle
Requirements
1. Budget - max 15ex (including 1ex ‘ish to full respec). I don’t actually have this yet but it’s realistically the most I will farm in a week barring some big ticket item drop)
2. Fairly mindless. Need to account for my fairly shitty ability to dodge mechanics etc reliably. So good leech/tankiness or other form of safety.
3. Speed is nice but not a requirement , main goal is to reliably clear end game bosses

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd say probably some melee thing with Scion, something that's like Reave for clear Flurry for bosses, or Molten Strike which is good for everything.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Reave/Flurry is mechanically good, Reave just *feels* underwhelming. As in, the skill itself is just boring sounding/looking. Need me some shatters or blood explosions at this point for a build to be fun. There are some exceptions, that PP build that uses Frostbolt was pretty good.

Really wish there was a way to combine Wild Strike or Infernal Strike with shaper stack stick offhand(or some unique just as good) and a great single target skill.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
What is a good scion base bosskiller build that can also do a reasonable number of map mods so I don’t have to reroll a bunch? I don’t have time to start a new char. But I’m open to pretty much any playstyle
Requirements
1. Budget - max 15ex (including 1ex ‘ish to full respec). I don’t actually have this yet but it’s realistically the most I will farm in a week barring some big ticket item drop)
2. Fairly mindless. Need to account for my fairly shitty ability to dodge mechanics etc reliably. So good leech/tankiness or other form of safety.
3. Speed is nice but not a requirement , main goal is to reliably clear end game bosses

If you're open to not-scion, ahn's might juggernaut is probably the best build that hits all your points. I have done everything in the game except Hall of Grandmasters(fuck that map!) with it. However, the main end-game fights really has more to do with how well you know the fights more than the gear, especially shaper/uber elder.

NoPexxNoBexx: View Profile - Path of Exile - Jonkimble

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I took my 6link belly off and put it in my sale tab then tried swapping chars. If it's gone i'm gonna be mad. Gonna try getting 9 or 10ex for it cause I got some slammin to do!