Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What do you mean by best, exactly? Once you combine Molten Strike, two Wildfire jewels, helm enchant, and Dying Sun, the skill becomes retarded. I think that makes it perfect for bolstering with a tanky class like Jugg or Champion. Inquisitor is basically more deeps and doesn't really add much for survival.

There's all kinds of variants that range the spectrum between Jugg(which I think is tankier than Champion) and Iniquisitor.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I went with EE's Scion, because Slayer leech is best leech.

It was pretty cheap too aside from the enchanted Starkonja that I never got before flashback started.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Im not even sure what I mean by best. I think i am looking for mega dps build that is tanky af that doesn't exist.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Those can exist, just depends on how many exalts you're willing to invest. With enough exalts, a molten strike jugg can be extreme boss dps(molten strike will never been better than good for clear) and quite tanky. It's really hard to add tankiness with exalts though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do you mean by best, exactly? Once you combine Molten Strike, two Wildfire jewels, helm enchant, and Dying Sun, the skill becomes retarded. I think that makes it perfect for bolstering with a tanky class like Jugg or Champion. Inquisitor is basically more deeps and doesn't really add much for survival.

There's all kinds of variants that range the spectrum between Jugg(which I think is tankier than Champion) and Iniquisitor.

I'm not sure like Deathwing said there is a best. There is some very highly guarded versions of it and also blade flurry builds with Beserkers still that the top boss killers are using. I have no clue what the build has other than Beserker but its Fyndel, so 100% chance he found some insane interaction and broken mechanic. There is 100 versions already that decimate bosses anyway but my autism wants to know what theyre doing.

ah man, this looks like possibly the best league in years and I'm going to be going through a major move when it starts. i'd say fml but the move is an insane upgrade and change of life. MUUHHH POE

LOL i feel you man, this is the only game in history that has cracked me out like this. Its also the game I have rage quit the most.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I saw Liftings Berserker version with Brutus Lead Sprinkler and it looked cool too. I was considering doing that with Chieftain to be tankier. I started playing in 3.0 so I am still learning how to be efficient with farming. I managed have 10ex+ of gear on my RF Jugg last season. I was thinking I could get more bang for my buck playing something a little off meta but still powerful.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unless something comes along with Incursion, that build is going away again. Bestiary made low level uniques like Brutus Lead Sprinkler very cheap. That said, by no means did Brutus Lead Sprinkler enable that build, and since they "nerfed" it, I'm pretty sure any 325+ dps 1H weapon is equivalent.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So I made a wild strike character by moving some SP around on my raider. Didn't buy any new gear, just used crap I had in the stash. And by crap I mean stuff in the tabs I had saved to turn in for chaos vendor a while back.

Wild strike for mapping is a lot of fun, pretty quick and something different. The boss killing is lacking at least to me. But fun to try something new.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wild Strike is expensive if you want to get good single target. But mapping with wild strike is pretty enjoyable especially if you got good herald MTXs.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah it's something to play with before the league winds down. I'm still in a tabula since I didn't have anything else. Maping T11 maps so far (all the maps I had). Picked up a 349 pDps sword for 35c I guess since league is winding down.

But yeah can't really see doing anything with it other than just playing around without leveling a new character.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In terms of efficiency of gearing out characters and making currency, what do you think is the best type of character to start with: a mapper or a uber labber? I'm under the impression that its the labber and only the people who race to 100 make mappers.

Vorph

A starter should be able to do both well imo. Obviously a build like that won't be competing for daily lab times, but it can still get it done efficiency and with the optimal amount of keys for a given day's layout.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blade Vortex is looking even better especially with that Vaal version effectively giving you a double stack on bosses and runs labs/maps well, probably run it as elementalist.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
In terms of efficiency of gearing out characters and making currency, what do you think is the best type of character to start with: a mapper or a uber labber? I'm under the impression that its the labber and only the people who race to 100 make mappers.

The hardest boss you'll fight going to 100 is boredom, you'll want to play something very enjoyable that doesn't die easily. When you hit 98/99 and one death is almost an entire day of a normal persons XP alone its soul crushing to die even on SC. You also pretty much need a support and even in a guild filled with them like mine I am always searching poe.com ladders for supports LFG.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Getting to 97 I had a pretty good system to fight boredom. I had two chars, my Jugg and my Wild Strike inquisitor. I got my Jugg to 94 and only used him to do bosses such as most guardians and uber elder(he's got like 600 deaths). I used my Inquisitor to clear the maps to the boss, or if I had 3+ Elder maps in inventory I would 5x sextant + 3 frag per map + bloodlines(mvp) + everything else for a million-packsize clearfest MTX clusterfuck. It was slower but it was nice to swap between mindless grinding and boss killing to kill the monotony. I think I died only once at level 96, so maybe it was an hour-ish loss. I do agree at 98+, you're gonna want some friends with auras.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
That's kinda the reason I wish they'd change the exp penalty and amount post 90. It's just so boring, and when I die cause of a bit of lag no matter what lvl i am it just sucks.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's kinda the reason I wish they'd change the exp penalty and amount post 90. It's just so boring, and when I die cause of a bit of lag no matter what lvl i am it just sucks.

I don't think I'll ever do it again but who knows, I love the fact a game exists that is as hard as this. I think its pretty silly they balance that though because of streamers with trading teams who play 48 hour stretches.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this going to be the part of every lead up to a new league where softcore players complain about dying? If you hate dying, take steps to prevent it like every single hardcore player.

I guess what Im trying to say is that this is a you problem, not a PoE problem.

Vorph

Not sure what that has to do with anything in the last couple pages.

If anything it's the part of every lead up to a new league where people speculate about what build to use before the patch notes are out.