Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I want to try out Ignite next patch but I don't see what it offers that a lightning Elementalist won't for proliferation or a poison Assassin for damage over time.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this going to be the part of every lead up to a new league where softcore players complain about dying? If you hate dying, take steps to prevent it like every single hardcore player.

I guess what Im trying to say is that this is a you problem, not a PoE problem.

Who all here grinds to 100 and doesn't die? Link me your profile, i'm always learning in PoE and would love to see your defense / curse setups to get ideas. Ive only done to 100 as RF, Frozen Pulse and Fire Trap but I died multiple times on each on the way up. I think on the RF I died at 99 to swapping weapons and the RoTP not being equipped.

I want to try out Ignite next patch but I don't see what it offers that a lightning Elementalist won't for proliferation or a poison Assassin for damage over time.

Prolif used to spread insane and spread across multiple screens, you would basically light something on fire and then chase the map. We'll have to see once it gets closer or when its released like Vorph said. It was a really fun meta though if it works the way it used to.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Who all here grinds to 100 and doesn't die? Link me your profile, i'm always learning in PoE and would love to see your defense / curse setups to get ideas. Ive only done to 100 as RF, Frozen Pulse and Fire Trap but I died multiple times on each on the way up. I think on the RF I died at 99 to swapping weapons and the RoTP not being equipped.

Prolif used to spread insane and spread across multiple screens, you would basically light something on fire and then chase the map. We'll have to see once it gets closer or when its released like Vorph said. It was a really fun meta though if it works the way it used to.
What mechanic caused to act that way(multiple screen proliferation)? I could maybe see Fireball acting in a similar manner, that might be fun.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Any suggestions on a good SSF starter build for this league? I've played both Cyclone and Flameburst totems in the past and really liked both. I tried a necromancer last time and found it to be boring though. I've been thinking about both Essence Drain and Scorching Ray, but am open to suggestions. I've been playing off and on since beta, but there's still so much I don't know and skills i'm not familiar with. I'm a relatively casual player when it comes down to it. I don't think I've ever made it past T6 maps, but would love to try and make a deeper run this time.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What mechanic caused to act that way(multiple screen proliferation)? I could maybe see Fireball acting in a similar manner, that might be fun.

One of the popular ones back in that meta was to use Ice Shot and Three Dragons helm. I'm trying to remember if it also chained off of burning corpses? It was a build of the week with Ice Shot and 3D helm, i should go rewatch that video now and jog my memory. People would prolif with Fireball and even Flameblast though, you could do a tiny circle and the ignite would be strong enough to cook a screen.

Any suggestions on a good SSF starter build for this league? I've played both Cyclone and Flameburst totems in the past and really liked both. I tried a necromancer last time and found it to be boring though. I've been thinking about both Essence Drain and Scorching Ray, but am open to suggestions. I've been playing off and on since beta, but there's still so much I don't know and skills i'm not familiar with. I'm a relatively casual player when it comes down to it. I don't think I've ever made it past T6 maps, but would love to try and make a deeper run this time.

ED is amazing for clearing and just ok to semi bad for bosses. If all you care about is getting to maps fast, ED and Sunder are amazing. Mathil's starter build videos are pretty good, hes very intelligent when it comes to builds.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
ED is amazing for clearing and just ok to semi bad for bosses. If all you care about is getting to maps fast, ED and Sunder are amazing. Mathil's starter build videos are pretty good, hes very intelligent when it comes to builds.

Thanks. I move pretty slow honestly. i don't care about rushing maps or rushing anything. I'm really looking for a build that I can take all the way through, so I'd like something that can kill the bosses, even if it's not efficient. I've looked at Mathil's builds before and they are great, but I was under the impression that most of them required specific gear, which makes them difficult to use for SSF. Maybe I'm wrong about that,

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any suggestions on a good SSF starter build for this league?
<standard wait for patch notes disclaimer>
Whenever I get around to playing SSF I've been planning to use this:
(Another guide for basically the same thing, just written from scratch instead of translated and probably a bit more beginner friendly than the original: Forum - Witch - [3.2] Run little girl, run! - Waves Occultist Hybrid RF - Path of Exile )

It's the build a dude from Taiwan (who I guess doesn't speak English) and a couple others have used to win multiple SSF races to 100. I don't really care about that aspect, just that it's an easy starter build and I've been looking for an excuse to try RF, since RF is a skill I would never consider playing in a non-SSF league.

Or you could just use a random Sunder build.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmmm, playing Fireball or Burning Arrow to spread prolif seems really good now, reroll into a Jugg to finish boss killing achievements. I wonder if Tornado Shot is better than Fireball or Burning Arrow for coverage, even with its worse Ignite interaction.

Still might entertain a ignite flicker build, not sure why I dismissed it recently. Poor sustain?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
<standard wait for patch notes disclaimer>
Whenever I get around to playing SSF I've been planning to use this:
(Another guide for basically the same thing, just written from scratch instead of translated and probably a bit more beginner friendly than the original: Forum - Witch - [3.2] Run little girl, run! - Waves Occultist Hybrid RF - Path of Exile )

It's the build a dude from Taiwan (who I guess doesn't speak English) and a couple others have used to win multiple SSF races to 100. I don't really care about that aspect, just that it's an easy starter build and I've been looking for an excuse to try RF, since RF is a skill I would never consider playing in a non-SSF league.

Or you could just use a random Sunder build.

I am really giving thought to RF again as an Occultist unless it gets nerfed again, I am such a fan boy of RF and its gotten so so much better since I played the shit out of it. The defense on it really feels good to play and I'd imagine the pops from occultist is nice.

Hmmmm, playing Fireball or Burning Arrow to spread prolif seems really good now, reroll into a Jugg to finish boss killing achievements. I wonder if Tornado Shot is better than Fireball or Burning Arrow for coverage, even with its worse Ignite interaction.

Still might entertain a ignite flicker build, not sure why I dismissed it recently. Poor sustain?

A lot of my friends and Im sure I will too are going to try burning arrow. The vaal changes are so so good with it let alone the prolif and ignite rework.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Looking for something different for the next season. I've played a tornado shot/herald of ice ranger before and it was great for clearing but i disliked evasion because of 1-shot mechanics. Got up to 90 and map13s but couldn't progress past that. Suggestions?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Thanks. I move pretty slow honestly. i don't care about rushing maps or rushing anything. I'm really looking for a build that I can take all the way through, so I'd like something that can kill the bosses, even if it's not efficient. I've looked at Mathil's builds before and they are great, but I was under the impression that most of them required specific gear, which makes them difficult to use for SSF. Maybe I'm wrong about that,

I fucking love ED, but the only reason I'm not doing it AGAIN is that I have two level 80+ ED builds already. I really need to try other shit.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the allure to SSF besides races? Are drop rates enhanced or is it just personal pride/different experience sort of like HC?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
What is the allure to SSF besides races? Are drop rates enhanced or is it just personal pride/different experience sort of like HC?
Pride and different approach to problems, it's definitely more time intensive, but on the other hand you don't need to hoard anything for trading, you can blow all the chaos/exalts you find to make your items better. I personally enjoy PoE the most until the moment you can find semi-regularly rare upgrades, once it turns to just currency scavenging and trading, it loses some of its luster.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been trying to make a burning arrow build work work in PoB. Even with the proposed buffs coming, just doesn't seem worth it. Can burning arrow or fireball proliferate and clear better than already existing Inpulsa's and Lightpoacher builds?

I don't see how ignite prolif can come close to this
Yeah, I know, DoT prolif vs %HP shock explosions. My point is that if they are going to buff ignite, it should perform the best at some aspect and I'm not sure what that is. Middle of the pack skills get forgotten quite quickly(tectonic slam, phantasm support).