Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Any idea what this might be worth in bestiary? Cleaning out tabs and corrupting stuff. I have no idea and can't find anything on poe.trade that's close to judge by. Trade macro deal which is always high/wrong saus 3-5ex. I know it's extremely late in the league but I have literally 3c after spending to finish out my character. I think trade macro is bugged on jewels. Corrupted 3 and all have a price guess of 2-5 ex.

jewel.png

Borzak

What I figured. At least not totally broke now. The other one sold for 80c. not bad for a total of 6vaal I used on the jewels. So not totally broke.

OMG was changing my loot filter and accidently turned it to none. Overly obvious the first thing I killed lol. I think it would take 5 minutes a pack to sort thru the shit that drops.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been trying to make a burning arrow build work work in PoB. Even with the proposed buffs coming, just doesn't seem worth it. Can burning arrow or fireball proliferate and clear better than already existing Inpulsa's and Lightpoacher builds?

I don't see how ignite prolif can come close to this
Yeah, I know, DoT prolif vs %HP shock explosions. My point is that if they are going to buff ignite, it should perform the best at some aspect and I'm not sure what that is. Middle of the pack skills get forgotten quite quickly(tectonic slam, phantasm support).

QoTF + Jade Flask + Grace + Vaal Grace on bow toons makes it fast, that seems very slow compared to an archer or wander. Plus if you're having fun and not even going for 100 clearspeed doesn't mean anything.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
hey any of you guys interested in leveling/clearing atlas together next league? I really want to jump in quick this time and leveling is a lot faster with a couple other people tagging different quests down, and map completions also way faster.
Also going map clearer build instead of boss killer this time so gonna need help on atlas :D

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
QoTF + Jade Flask + Grace + Vaal Grace on bow toons makes it fast, that seems very slow compared to an archer or wander. Plus if you're having fun and not even going for 100 clearspeed doesn't mean anything.
I couldn't find a comparable run mino run with a qotf wander that was significantly faster. It's very hard to beat damage while moving.

Fun is certainly an aspect, if someone wants to play ignite prolif for the fun of spreading fire, then sure. I'm trying to figure what does ignite prolif offers that better than any other? For example, does tectonic slam mechanically do anything better than sunder? Play either one you want based on aesthetics or feels, but a lot of players will pick a skill based on which is better, so ignite prolif should offer something better.

If you're playing a cone-based skill like fireball or burning arrow, the prolif range is going to be approximately equal to kinetic blast's explosion radius(plus kb's explosions are cast a bit away from the target), so KB will cover the same area as the prolif. Tornado Shot ignite prolif is the only build I can think that gets better coverage than a non-prolif build.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I couldn't find a comparable run mino run with a qotf wander that was significantly faster. It's very hard to beat damage while moving.

Fun is certainly an aspect, if someone wants to play ignite prolif for the fun of spreading fire, then sure. I'm trying to figure what does ignite prolif offers that better than any other? For example, does tectonic slam mechanically do anything better than sunder? Play either one you want based on aesthetics or feels, but a lot of players will pick a skill based on which is better, so ignite prolif should offer something better.

If you're playing a cone-based skill like fireball or burning arrow, the prolif range is going to be approximately equal to kinetic blast's explosion radius(plus kb's explosions are cast a bit away from the target), so KB will cover the same area as the prolif. Tornado Shot ignite prolif is the only build I can think that gets better coverage than a non-prolif build.

Raiz was doing 40 second Toxic Sewer runs on his wander to 100, but he speed races for 100. Not really sure why people are so infatuated with clearspeed if there isn't some end result to it. People in my guild act like if 10 or even 30 seconds slower per map is the end of the world. If you're not even chaining maps at 96+ when exp starts to slow down or racing, I just don't see why it's such a priority over fun.

Im not sure if everyone knows about poe.ninja but you basically can search for a skill or item and get an idea of how's it's being used in any league. Same goes for ascendancies and anything really. Its helped me come up with some cool ideas based on other peoples builds and item interactions. It has an option to export to PoB as well which is nice.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Feels kinda bad when an indie company sells out to a major publisher like that. Chris says that GGG still has full control of everything but eh, I'm sure EA told Bioware the same thing.

Borzak

I've never bought a supporter pack, but you think the new majority stake holders banked on supporter pack sales and MTX staying the same. Guessing not. Let me throw money at a Chinese company, hmmmm.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kinda confused by this decision. Bestiary wasn't the best league, but the amount of content GGG has been developing is quite outstanding. What does this influx of cash allow? Most people can't consume content faster than they are already putting it out. And those that can, they are the small minority and likely already buy lots of MTX, so you already have those players' money.

I wonder if loss of supporter pack revenue was considered in the purchase.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doesn't seem like it. All the companies Tencent has invested or owns seems to be doing well. But yeah, I'd like to understand why the funding was needed.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Probably a lot of stress worrying about selling supporter packs to survive. I bet this relieves a lot of that tension and will help grow the Asian market significantly.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chris supposedly doesn't have a driver's license.

I hope this means I don't have to find a new arpg. Otherwise might have to post in the gaming funk thread. Been finding myself quite bored between leagues despite new games I should be interested in.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Probably a lot of stress worrying about selling supporter packs to survive. I bet this relieves a lot of that tension and will help grow the Asian market significantly.
The problem of the asian market, or really the chinese market, is Tencent tends to buy up companies/the rights to publish games in China, then in parallel works on making clones of said game(like actual clones, not games in the same genre), and then sell that in direct competition with the original that they own. This is the chinese way. On the other hand, I haven't seen much impact from Tencent on the original games so far. It feels it's kinda like they buy the companies just to protect themselves when they inevitably copy the games, what you gonna do, sue the company that owns you? But they don't seem too intent on selling/promoting the copies of the games outside of China either. Like their PUBG copy, Ring of Elysium, isn't particularily being pushed or PUBG being shut down to push it in the west. They certainly haven't killed League of Legends either.

So overall I'd say it's kinda whatever, although they could do something bad to the game eventually. Especially since they apparently own 80% of the shares, which is a large amount.

For now though I wouldn't expect much, and if anything they'll develop new shit specifically for China and maybe retroactively add them to the western version if they think that's good. If they ever add trading shit, it'll probably be from there(kinda like how the Xbox AH shit was added based on the chinese AH stuff).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user