Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The no life born again virgin category is what I won? Thats pretty much what nerds who grind to 100 are

:(

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like a classic case of L2P! The trick to hitting 100 is to create a character that just doesn't die.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've got the time right now, but the diminishing returns on SP invested really starts to drive me to doing another character post 90.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyway, there was a reddit post about that and with the changes to the tree, you can kinda ignore chain reaction/the unique combo to reduce trap duration, and instead focus on trap activation radius. You can get 170% radius in the tree taking most of the common trap nodes and with a Hair Trigger jewel, that gives you 224% radius, which is enough to trigger at 18units, which supposedly is enough to trigger all your traps even on a single normal size enemy with cluster. Even just a fair amount will generally guarantee 2 traps will proc on a single enemy(like say an exile or whatever). Bosses are fat enough they'll trigger everything anyway.

Even if you get Saboteur's chain reaction, you'll want to get a fair bit of radius, since apparently the chain reaction itself is based off trap radius trigger and will only trigger other traps in the radius of the trap that was triggered. You kinda get trigger radius naturally from the trap nodes on the tree though.

The point of stacking the stat was mostly so you could do a Scion with saboteur+something(elem?) and end up with a potentially stronger damage build, while still triggering traps(so you get various bonuses from uniques that work on triggering, versus the other way that reduces duration which doesn't count as traps triggering).
Yeah, assuming Hair Trigger is still cheap I am going to drop Chain Reaction in favor of Explosives Expert, but Scion doesn't seem worth it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Watching Mathils stream of him looking at peoples build. I think 3/4 of builds are going to be elementalist.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just Hiero/Elementalist/Jugg/Champion/Sabo for 90% of starters.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Details on L20 Infernal Blow were finally posted.
K0J3rXUgVj9UxSRF8eaSHYWhXeI2qM_qElSkK6aqqtk.jpg

Only change from the patch notes is that the "charged" debuff(main target only) deals 66% of damage, not base attack damage. So, if I understand this correctly, IB's single target damage is now 123% * 1.66? That works out to 205%, ~27% improvement over the current iteration.

I mean, it's not nothing, but in the context of Blade Flurry and Molten Strike...meh? I'd argue that Molten Strike, especially with the velocity buff, clears almost as well as Infernal Blow. Hell, Wild Strike does 350% single target and clears much better. Granted, Wild Strike can't abuse shaper stat sticks and is a bit harder to scale, so kinda apples to oranges.

I just don't see the point. Why say you're going buff the single target but then not do it enough to matter? This needed to clear 300% to be relevant. Or more realistically, Molten Strike and Blade Flurry need to be brought down.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Details on L20 Infernal Blow were finally posted.
K0J3rXUgVj9UxSRF8eaSHYWhXeI2qM_qElSkK6aqqtk.jpg

Only change from the patch notes is that the "charged" debuff(main target only) deals 66% of damage, not base attack damage. So, if I understand this correctly, IB's single target damage is now 123% * 1.66? That works out to 205%, ~27% improvement over the current iteration.

I mean, it's not nothing, but in the context of Blade Flurry and Molten Strike...meh? I'd argue that Molten Strike, especially with the velocity buff, clears almost as well as Infernal Blow. Hell, Wild Strike does 350% single target and clears much better. Granted, Wild Strike can't abuse shaper stat sticks and is a bit harder to scale, so kinda apples to oranges.

I just don't see the point. Why say you're going buff the single target but then not do it enough to matter? This needed to clear 300% to be relevant. Or more realistically, Molten Strike and Blade Flurry need to be brought down.

I think the difference between IB and blade flurry/molten strike is that IB has inpulsa like screen clearing when you invest into it. Youll clear maps 10x faster with IB than molten strike and thus it rightfully should have a lower single target.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I've been enjoying Frost Blades atm but I don't have a clue what I'm doing or how I should be playing the game

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been enjoying Frost Blades atm but I don't have a clue what I'm doing or how I should be playing the game

Youre having fun, sounds like youre doing it right. Nothing about Frost Blades or the skill tree associated with it has changed in over a year. If you want to go deeper you can take just about any guide made for it and use it as a base line.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
The no life born again virgin category is what I won? Thats pretty much what nerds who grind to 100 are

:(

Is that what I gotta do to be cool? :(
If the leagues actually good, I may shoot for it. I made it to 97 but nothing else about bestiary was enough to keep me interested much longer.

14.18 hours left boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!