Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Forum - Announcements - The Incursion League Launches Soon! - Path of Exile
Torrent of the client if you have shitty internet and need to preload. You'll have 3hours to download it otherwise. Doesn't work with steam version as usual.

And yeah it seems later than usual, but I haven't played a league in a while so maybe remembering wrong. Possible NZ is on different timezone due to daylight savings atm? Or they just moved it for their convenience.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Forum - Announcements - The Incursion League Launches Soon! - Path of Exile
Torrent of the client if you have shitty internet and need to preload. You'll have 3hours to download it otherwise. Doesn't work with steam version as usual.

And yeah it seems later than usual, but I haven't played a league in a while so maybe remembering wrong. Possible NZ is on different timezone due to daylight savings atm? Or they just moved it for their convenience.

Ya I always remembered noon PST but now it's 1

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
welp wanted to go arc totem this league but fuck trying to gear that as a starter char, maybe for 2nd char if I can make enough to build it out. Think I may try a BV build for the first time. Just gotta decide inquisitor or elementalist. hrm

edit: fml watching mathil patch notes vid and he said he's likely going to be suggesting BV elementalist in his starter builds video DAMNIT

You can always go with the old standby of just using Doon Cuebiyari and stacking STR, that works for any spell totem build.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
From the time in the deal you linked it's an hour earlier than the last few leagues. 3pm Central US instead of 4pm. I guess from DST. They had eleventy billion towns on the list to choose from....

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You can always go with the old standby of just using Doon Cuebiyari and stacking STR, that works for any spell totem build.

i'm gonna start with BV, unfortunately i'll still want an impulsa like every other person playing... really wonder how much their gonna end up being

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No idea. From looking at the non scientific polls on reddit looks like elementalist by a lot. I have an arc elementalist build but I dunno. I might take some time and see what happens early on before starting.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Does anyone know if incinerate totems trigger the 500% blast at max stacks or do they just channel forever like they used to do with flameblast? I might do incin totems over arc totems because Scion and Chieftain only work well with fire damage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know if incinerate totems trigger the 500% blast at max stacks or do they just channel forever like they used to do with flameblast? I might do incin totems over arc totems because Scion and Chieftain only work well with fire damage.
There's a reddit post, apparently they coded them properly and they release at max stacks.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you guys think is the best leveling setup pre 60/70? I'm really excited to get into this league, probably going triple herald BV to start as I'm pretty sure its good mapper and labber. Should I just BV as soon as I get it or do something else? I'm so bad at leveling in this game. Takes me like 3-4 days to really get into mapping and get my character going and I always feel like it such a chore at the rate I kill stuff while leveling up. Some characters have been better then others but some have just been brutal.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
BV has always been a good leveling skill in my experience. It really takes off once you get spell echo as well. With only 10 stacks though I'd add in etheral knives or blade fall since maintaining stacks will be easier allowing you to use other skills.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think the difference between IB and blade flurry/molten strike is that IB has inpulsa like screen clearing when you invest into it. Youll clear maps 10x faster with IB than molten strike and thus it rightfully should have a lower single target.
For clearing, both Molten Strike and Infernal Blow would use Ancestral Call. The range on those guys is actually going to represent most of your clear area. And for comparison's sake, it will obviously be the same for both skills. IB will splash, MS will shoot balls in a circle, these areas are likely similar too. And then IB's debuff targets will explode and MS's balls will explode as well. IB likely has a bit more area here since MS usually runs conc effect, but it's probably not much in the overall scheme. Both skills will eventually boil down to 1 set of multistrike and move on, IB's area might be slightly larger.

How you figure IB gets inpulsa-like screen clearing? IB doesn't have a great(or, even at all?) way of delivering its debuff to a whole screen like inpulsa builds can with projectile and/or prolif.

I agree that the trade off when comparing with Blade Furry makes much more sense. Clearing with BF is painful. Maybe MS is the aberration here and needs to be nerfed. But I don't know how you do it without prohibiting AC support.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do you guys think is the best leveling setup pre 60/70? I'm really excited to get into this league, probably going triple herald BV to start as I'm pretty sure its good mapper and labber. Should I just BV as soon as I get it or do something else? I'm so bad at leveling in this game. Takes me like 3-4 days to really get into mapping and get my character going and I always feel like it such a chore at the rate I kill stuff while leveling up. Some characters have been better then others but some have just been brutal.

Leveling as Frost Blades or Sunder without taking spell crit nodes, once you hit 70 in Aqueducts then I would start with the spell crit wheel. Setup "whoops" on poe.trade for mid tier uniques once you get chaos or alchs. For FB youll want to whoop Elwars Mirage, theyre 1c and will carry you into maps without having to do anything else really.

BV is kind of, or very uncomfortable IMO until you get duration nodes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started playing last night. Made a duelist just running around the beach killing shit. No real idea what I am doing but it's pretty fun so far!

Are there any must try builds I need to consider? For the gems can I not utilize the green gems or does it just depend?

character name is fohTJT if that helps for... grouping or whatever.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd recommend just playing the game, see what you like. As a new player, looking ahead to the endgame is very much a mistake as there is a TON of information and game systems to acclimate yourself to. Get your feet wet, see which skills tickle your fancy and people can make recommendations based on that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I should be helpful though and answer your immediate question. I'm guessing by "For the gems can I not utilize the green gems or does it just depend?", you just haven't gotten a item with green sockets to drop.

And let me clarify my previous post a bit more. I like D3's Whirlwind but I'm pretty meh on PoE's Cyclone. I hated Cyclone at first. They've improved some of the pathing issues so you don't get stuck on every little obstacle. I still think it's a mistake that it's not a channeled skill. And you have to learn how deal with its high mana cost and always being in melee range. These kind of details end up making a huge difference in PoE because how they decided to tune the end game(very one-shotty).

That's why I recommended trying out some skills, see what you like, see how far you want to push the content, and then people can recommend builds.

That said, Korrupt Korrupt 's recommendation of Frost Blades or Sunder is a very good place to start.

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So Neversink is streaming now (right now adding new colors for his filter). Holy shit, just like this fucking game, it's pretty overwhelming. He must be a programmer.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BV has always been a good leveling skill in my experience. It really takes off once you get spell echo as well. With only 10 stacks though I'd add in etheral knives or blade fall since maintaining stacks will be easier allowing you to use other skills.
Echo seems unnecessary with 10 stack BV. Might still be ok for leveling while you lack duration but getting rid of it for a higher dps support would be one of my first goals.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I should be helpful though and answer your immediate question. I'm guessing by "For the gems can I not utilize the green gems or does it just depend?", you just haven't gotten a item with green sockets to drop.

And let me clarify my previous post a bit more. I like D3's Whirlwind but I'm pretty meh on PoE's Cyclone. I hated Cyclone at first. They've improved some of the pathing issues so you don't get stuck on every little obstacle. I still think it's a mistake that it's not a channeled skill. And you have to learn how deal with its high mana cost and always being in melee range. These kind of details end up making a huge difference in PoE because how they decided to tune the end game(very one-shotty).

That's why I recommended trying out some skills, see what you like, see how far you want to push the content, and then people can recommend builds.

That said, Korrupt Korrupt 's recommendation of Frost Blades or Sunder is a very good place to start.

In terms of the shop. What do they really sell you? I saw character slots and I assume, cosmetic armor sets? That kind of thing?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
In terms of the shop. What do they really sell you? I saw character slots and I assume, cosmetic armor sets? That kind of thing?
The best value in the shop is inventory management tabs for your stash.

Everything else is solely cosmetic.

• 1Like