Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
In terms of the shop. What do they really sell you? I saw character slots and I assume, cosmetic armor sets? That kind of thing?

Exactly, its all cosmetic or stash basically. Nothing ever for an advantage in the game itself, there is a old meme the skill cosmetic effects power the skills up though :p

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Exactly, its all cosmetic or stash basically. Nothing ever for an advantage in the game itself, there is a old meme the skill cosmetic effects power the skills up though :p
Didn't one of the cosmetics for EK enlarge its hitbox or something?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
l84V0TR.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Started playing last night. Made a duelist just running around the beach killing shit. No real idea what I am doing but it's pretty fun so far!

Are there any must try builds I need to consider? For the gems can I not utilize the green gems or does it just depend?

character name is fohTJT if that helps for... grouping or whatever.

Everyone's first build should be sunder slayer (duelist) imo, check out the forums for guides.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Echo seems unnecessary with 10 stack BV. Might still be ok for leveling while you lack duration but getting rid of it for a higher dps support would be one of my first goals.

All the big BV builds have gotten rid of echo.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still have no goddamn idea what I want to play. I'm hesitant to do traps because there's so many different ways to do it and no telling yet which will be great and which will be lackluster. I thought about trying Whispering Ice since I haven't played that in ages (before the switch to SR-CoC) but I remember getting the jewels being a colossal pain in the ass, and an Astramentis on day 2 isn't much fun either but without it the build is essentially dead in the water. Also, Icestorm is a fps destroyer and extremely annoying for anyone who groups with you.

Looked at a bunch of melee skills like Reave, Lacerate, Cyclone, <anything not Sunder or BF>, etc. but nothing really grabbed me. Kind of sick of chasing the exact same gear almost every league lately, especially enchanted Starkonja and 6L Belly.

Mathil's video this morning hit three of the things I've been considering (traps, Double Strike, and BV) so that's a bit annoying too.

Now I'm back to thinking about finally trying a RF (or SR/RF) build, but not sure what the best way to go about it is. AilaTW's Occultist seemed like a good idea given the fact that it has pretty extreme chaos damage mitigation, but then I read that something about the build did get nerfed in 3.3. Haven't figured out what since AFAIK RF itself wasn't messed with and VRF is a huge buff.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think I'm going to run BV for leveling then swap into Fireball once I get the two threshold jewels, the trees for elementalist are extremely similar when going crit so shouldn't be to bad to swap back if FB doesn't feel good but haven't played it before and with the buff it could be enjoyable for speedy mapping. Traps are to all over the place and will wait to see how it plays out and will need to wait for the market to gouging on Tinkers and shimmerons for anything lightning based.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I still have no goddamn idea what I want to play. I'm hesitant to do traps because there's so many different ways to do it and no telling yet which will be great and which will be lackluster. I thought about trying Whispering Ice since I haven't played that in ages (before the switch to SR-CoC) but I remember getting the jewels being a colossal pain in the ass, and an Astramentis on day 2 isn't much fun either but without it the build is essentially dead in the water. Also, Icestorm is a fps destroyer and extremely annoying for anyone who groups with you.

Looked at a bunch of melee skills like Reave, Lacerate, Cyclone, <anything not Sunder or BF>, etc. but nothing really grabbed me. Kind of sick of chasing the exact same gear almost every league lately, especially enchanted Starkonja and 6L Belly.

Mathil's video this morning hit three of the things I've been considering (traps, Double Strike, and BV) so that's a bit annoying too.

Now I'm back to thinking about finally trying a RF (or SR/RF) build, but not sure what the best way to go about it is. AilaTW's Occultist seemed like a good idea given the fact that it has pretty extreme chaos damage mitigation, but then I read that something about the build did get nerfed in 3.3. Haven't figured out what since AFAIK RF itself wasn't messed with and VRF is a huge buff.
SR/RF Hiero was my bestiary starter, once you get Balefire you can waltz into t10 maps, but beyond that it scales only with a lot of investment, but I think it's a great starter.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dumb question time. You do incursions and kill one or the other architect (rather kill engineers but that's another story) and open doors to build the pyramid to get to the apex with certain variables and such. What happens if you kill the boss, start a new building deal entirely, kind of fuzzy on what happens like are you stuck with that layout forever till another character or ??

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I am afraid to start a BV build because Im worried Impulsa will be expensive af, but i am intrigued.
Inpulsa will be expensive as fuck but that's not really a big concern, it's not a build enabling unique.

It isn't different than when Kaom or Belly or QotF or Lightning Coil were the big meta chests. Shavronne a bit less since it did enable you to use ES while still being LL so that was a bit different, but for the most part a lot of the chest uniques which have been meta in the past and expensive as fuck were just that because they were good solid option with side benefits(kaom, belly and lightning coil due to their great defensive abilities, qotf for the massive speed it provided).

Inpulsa is the same, the whole point of it is it increases trash killspeed a lot, but ultimately it doesn't make or break a build, only defines how fast you can clear stuff with said build. I have no doubts you'll be able to clear map with BV without Inpulsa just fine, you just might have to not run with 120%speed through shit and never stop with like 2blades and instead have to summon a few more blades to make sure stuff dies.

Dumb question time. You do incursions and kill one or the other architect (rather kill engineers but that's another story) and open doors to build the pyramid to get to the apex with certain variables and such. What happens if you kill the boss, start a new building deal entirely, kind of fuzzy on what happens like are you stuck with that layout forever till another character or ??

Everything resets once you've cleared the temple for real, wether or not you kill the last boss(if you didn't open the way to it for example it'll still reset). You get new random rooms and you restart to make your temple. Not every temple will have all types of rooms and not every temple will let you upgrade rooms to 3, so it's kinda RNG stuff, although you have some control over aspects of it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Inpulsa will be expensive as fuck but that's not really a big concern, it's not a build enabling unique.

It isn't different than when Kaom or Belly or QotF or Lightning Coil were the big meta chests. Shavronne a bit less since it did enable you to use ES while still being LL so that was a bit different, but for the most part a lot of the chest uniques which have been meta in the past and expensive as fuck were just that because they were good solid option with side benefits(kaom, belly and lightning coil due to their great defensive abilities, qotf for the massive speed it provided).

Inpulsa is the same, the whole point of it is it increases trash killspeed a lot, but ultimately it doesn't make or break a build, only defines how fast you can clear stuff with said build. I have no doubts you'll be able to clear map with BV without Inpulsa just fine, you just might have to not run with 120%speed through shit and never stop with like 2blades and instead have to summon a few more blades to make sure stuff dies.

Everything resets once you've cleared the temple for real. You get new random rooms and you restart to make your temple. Not every temple will have all types of rooms and not every temple will let you upgrade rooms to 3, so it's kinda RNG stuff, although you have some control over aspects of it.

one saving grace is I believe impulsa droprates are along the lines of belly, vs kaom or shavs.

i'm super curious to how much it will be in a week. i'm guessing like 20ex, hope i'm wrong

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think you're grossly underselling how much of a difference an Inpulsa makes.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
one saving grace is I believe impulsa droprates are along the lines of belly, vs kaom or shavs.

i'm super curious to how much it will be in a week. i'm guessing like 20ex, hope i'm wrong

Obvious uniques like Inpulsa usually get their drop rates nerfed hard. Just remember Baron from a few leagues ago. Its going to be on a Shavs/Kaoms level of expensive unless you grab it very early, before the hoard realize it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Obvious uniques like Inpulsa usually get their drop rates nerfed hard. Just remember Baron from a few leagues ago. Its going to be on a Shavs/Kaoms level of expensive unless you grab it very early, before the hoard realize it.

I think the hoard already realizes it. Unless they stealth changed it's drop rate it should drop more often then a shavs or kaoms, but like 70% of players are going to want one so that won't matter.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
bleh I’m gonna miss this launch thanks to stupid family obligs. If one of u guys can put a firestorm gem in the guild bank I would appreciate it!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
As Blade Vortex I'm using Shroud of the lightless for the 6th link Ele Pen since I'm converting to all elements and not using Inquisitor. Inpulsa's is overrated, the explosions dont have an amazing range or effect like the Gladiator ones do.