Path of Exile

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TIL that buying maps through the currency market is the way to go. Where has this been my whole life.

Vorph

Have you had success buying a bunch of different maps that way, or just bulk purchases of one particular map? I was interested in the former, but didn't manage to find anyone selling. Might have just been too early in the league though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but that's where the system falls apart. There's a reason "PLAYER INTERACTION" is a meme, and it's nothing at all like an AH in practice.

Like right now if you want to buy currency, you have to skip a page or two of AFK/DND price fixers to get to someone actually selling. Not only is it terrible when you're trying to buy, say, fusings, the asshats also skew the currency charts on poe.ninja and it's hard to judge what to sell currency for because there's a good chance all the lowest offers are fakes to trick you, or other people who got tricked. And like with everything else I've tried to buy this league, poeapp.com has been more effective. I actually bought 300 jewelers this morning (at 9.6j:1c which when converted to fusings is cheaper than the current 2f:1c rates) and only had to send 5 messages before I got a non-afk/dnd person on poeapp's bulk currency page.

Items are a bit better but you still run into tons of afk or otherwise non-responsive people.
Oh yeah I'm not saying it's nearly as good, I was just saying using poe shops doesn't require special skills or whatever, it's fairly obvious what things do and works like it'd be if it was ingame. Obviously, the whole player interaction is way different and kinda fucked, especially with all the price fixing and scams.

Penance

I do it when buying like 2 or 3 maps to finish filling it out. If I'm buying in bulk I usually just use trade chat.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
New incinerate + cast while channeling has some really fun synergy, stacking vaal righteous fire on top of it for the spell dmg buff and burning is working really well on an Inquisitor.

Penance

So how is everyone running their temple? Beeline for special rooms or clearing the whole thing?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you want to get maximum return on maps, best to clear as much as possible, though I'd probably avoid having to make any long detours if the door layout was shitty.

Vorph

I won't go out of my way to get a generic room, but everything that I actually enter gets full cleared.

That assumes you're still getting high returns on your xp%. IIRC temples are the average of the three highest level incursions you did, so as long as you don't do a crazy amount of too-low-level maps it should be ok. It might start getting really inefficient if you're in the mid-90's and doing all shaped red maps though, given that incursion/temple mobs are considerably stronger/beefier--and maybe vastly so depending on what rooms you upgraded--than standard map mobs and I don't think that they actually give any more xp. At that point you're probably better off just getting all the stuff from your upgraded rooms, killing the boss, and getting back to your maps.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hizakite sells every yellow map 2 fus each on HC leagues.

Nice to just be like hey here's 60 chaos gimme all this shit in one place.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Whats the success rate on the temple corruption alter? Got level 3 of the corruption room unlocked but really dont want to lose my 6 link.

Vorph

25% to poof
25% to all white sockets
25% to double corrupt the implicit
25% to turn it into a rare (elder/shaper or possibly Shadowstitch since you're doing a chest?)

So yeah, GL with that. I wouldn't put anything more valuable than a Skin of the Loyal in there. Mostly I just do belts, maybe rings now that I hit what I needed on my belt.

Vorph

I'm up over 250 fusings without a 5L on mine, can confirm not fun at all. Sad thing is that my previous chest was only 5S and I linked it with 1 fusing, but that was useless because Arctic Armour goes in the last slot no matter what. Only way I come out of this without a massive loss is if I 6L it relatively soon and sell the damn thing, then start over.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
RNG is killing me in a weird way this leage. I'm level 93 and have done 100s and 100s of maps. I've had three money drops so far, two inpulsa's and an exalt. Kept one inpulsa for build and turned the other into stat sticks that I crafted (great rng on my crafts). Other than that nothing. I'm very rarely even getting decent temples. I got like 4 gem corruption chambers while leveling and I didn't have the gems. Now that I have a ton of 20/20 gems ready to go I haven't had a corruption chamber in like 30 temples.

Really weird league for me. I'm typically at about 10ex after a week.

Vorph

Heh, what you describe there would be a well above average league for me. This league I've gotten one 14c div card drop and a pair of boots I paid 1c for and then sold for 15c when I was done with them as the extent of my "major" (lol) sales. Everything else came from 1-2c items and unid chaos recipes. Even vaults haven't dropped more than 1c and some change, though to be fair I still have not been given a chance to raise a vault to T3 yet.

Re: corruption chamber, personally I think it's a fairly shit room unless you're swimming in so much currency that you can afford to risk 20/20 Blade Vortex or Arc gems on gambling for 21/20 Vaal versions. There's very few gems which benefit significantly from both L21 and Q23%, and the bonus of getting two rolls is offset by the risk of getting +1 lvl but losing up to 8%Q or -1 lvl. I just had one this afternoon and ignored the thing; no one in guildchat wanted it either.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I got 2ex drops before level 70 and I haven't had dick since. To be fair, I'm probably a solid 2ex+ worth of fusings into trying to 6L my goddamn chest, but my drops have been extremely sparse as well.

Anybody else getting a ton of crashes in Chrome with poe.trade the last few days? It's been bad enough that one of them even crashed my whole comp.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I havnt had a crash either. If you have tabs in the poe wiki running though that could be causing it. They have some invasive ads right now that interact poorly with the standard adblockers.