Path of Exile

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yet you're going to take the time to pick up 9-10 yellows, manage the space in yours tabs, inventory, etc. and only make 2c for that effort? Your post is such an oxymoron.

For very little time invested (only pick up shit before you portal out) you can generate a nice little consistent currency stream while doing other shit.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yet you're going to take the time to pick up 9-10 yellows, manage the space in your tabs, inventory, etc. and only make 2c for that effort? Your post is such an oxymoron.

It literally takes no time at all. I can stash all my unid gear in the quad in the time the portal animation revs up for the next map. Considering the time it takes to go back to your hide out not to even mention iding certain things and figuring out if its even worth 2-3c. The only thing I'm iding right now are weapons for me (1h axe) and weapons that generally sell very well (wands and foils).

BTW I've made like 50c from the recipe since yesterday following Vorph's advice. Didn't even play a lot. Yea I'm pretty sure time vs investment much better unless you hit the god rolls.

Caliane

Jewelry temple room makes the chaos recipe WAY more profitable then normal. Ammys were always the limiting factor. smart chaos recipe was always collect jewelry. After you have a bulk of ammys/rings of shit bases. quickly collect the rest of the gear to match.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those helms from the temple with % taken as element with good life rolls are super cheap as rares (1c). You guys can add resists and flip those for 20-40c profit per. Loreweaves were also 80c or you could buy the rings and get for 60c, then 5L and they were selling for 4ex. Theyve dropped now, might not be worth it but that was an easy EX farm for 2 days. Bought 300 divines or so the first 4 days as well, constantly flipping Tabula's or the cards and then buying divine orbs at 2-3c until the chinese farmers pushed them to 8c.

Was a lot of flipping but got my Headhunter last night using the above ^^^^

Vorph

Yet you're going to take the time to pick up 9-10 yellows, manage the space in your tabs, inventory, etc. and only make 2c for that effort? Your post is such an oxymoron.
Do you literally pick up nothing at all that isn't a unique, elder/shaper rare, map-only base, or some sort of currency/currency-like item? That's what my loot filter looks like when I stop caring about money, but sadly it isn't viable at the start of the league. Hell, at the rate I'm going so far it won't be viable a month in either. My point is that of all the ways to turn trash into currency, the unid chaos recipe is far better than sifting through the shitpile on the tiny chance there's a diamond in there, and in this league in particular it's even better due to the massively reduced jewelry bottleneck.

And again, you're talking about something that takes me a few seconds like it's 10 minutes or something. Like I mentioned before the filterblade preset for chaos recipe makes it far easily to manage because you only have to glance at the borders of the items on the ground to know what slot they are without having to read the text on all of them. That cuts out the biggest time investment for the recipe.

Are you guys doing JUST the chaos recipe or the regal recipe as well?
I break the regal recipe with a single 60-74 item. I've now got 4 quad-rows of belts in my chaos tab so I tend to id my 75+ belts and use the old stockpile to get chaos.

Regals are about 1:1 right now, but people generally don't want them in trade when the item is listed for chaos/exa. As the league goes on I think they will slide to 0.9 or a little less.

Last edited:

Caliane

Are you guys doing JUST the chaos recipe or the regal recipe as well?
As SSF I def do not bother with regal recipe.

I get more regals as drops then I could ever really use to actually craft upgrade. Chaos spam, or exalts are both far far more useful.
Chaos you can never have too much of, from maps, or item rerolling.

Vorph

Vaal Double Strike, technically. You'd have to find another rare jewel too, since Double Strike doesn't have a threshold jewel of its own. If you want to save a lot of money on VDS, a 19/19 gem is like 1/4 the price of a 19/20 and 1/10 the price of a 20/20. All you lose is 0.5% attack speed (and you have to level it to 20).

You can't really change too much more at a fundamental level without spending so many regrets that you'd be better off just rerolling. It's always going to be a bleed-based build, etc.

And I don't think you have much choice other than to dump into life. You're right next to the big life wheel already, and your current life total is extremely low.

Edit: Also Double Strike is a mainhand-only attack, so you could consider replacing Brutality with, say, Ruthless and swapping out the offhand Ichimonji for a shaper stat stick. No idea what effect that would have on your survivability, but even a fairly crappy stat stick is a large dps boost in PoB.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Omnitect could use a bit of a boost, in both risk and reward.

That said, very good league, best since I've started(tail end of Breach).

I just want a way to boost his yellow item drops. Think the most i've gotten was 3, but usually get 2.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think it's intended it only drops a few so they're not too common but yeah combined with basically no other drops besides the bad uniques(I did get good use of my very first string which was a 48%resist one to level with, but they're all worth trash it seems otherwise, hard to justify having no stats at all on a belt), it makes him pretty meh and not really worth going out of your way to unlock. On the other hand he's basically a loot pinata as long as you don't stand directly in him.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Vaal Double Strike, technically. You'd have to find another rare jewel too, since Double Strike doesn't have a threshold jewel of its own. If you want to save a lot of money on VDS, a 19/19 gem is like 1/4 the price of a 19/20 and 1/10 the price of a 20/20. All you lose is 0.5% attack speed (and you have to level it to 20).

You can't really change too much more at a fundamental level without spending so many regrets that you'd be better off just rerolling. It's always going to be a bleed-based build, etc.

And I don't think you have much choice other than to dump into life. You're right next to the big life wheel already, and your current life total is extremely low.

Edit: Also Double Strike is a mainhand-only attack, so you could consider replacing Brutality with, say, Ruthless and swapping out the offhand Ichimonji for a shaper stat stick. No idea what effect that would have on your survivability, but even a fairly crappy stat stick is a large dps boost in PoB.
Interesting, maybe a reroll isn't a bad idea. I will look at VDS builds on the forum and see how much gear overlaps.

I just got a 2nd belly and 6S so now to link it and try to divine it to 40%.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting, maybe a reroll isn't a bad idea. I will look at VDS builds on the forum and see how much gear overlaps.

check out mathils vids he went all the way with VDS

Vorph

Yes, I think that's your best bet. Go to poe.ninja and pull up VDS builds that use a Belly, etc. Mathil's videos too, as Kiroy mentioned.

Main reason I say this is because I just realized that changing the current build to any other skill takes away your easy Fortify source and would pretty much gut the build's defense.

The unfortunate part is I think you're going to find yourself wishing you had those 2 socket Tombfists still.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I found this Tabula Rasa robe doing a normal Lab run (2nd one I've done, wasn't sure if you got more Ascendancy points for finishing again). Super handy since I needed a 6L for my main skill!

PS. I'm assuming these Trigger enchantments on glove for on hit/on kill are no good for a totem build? They don't seem to trigger off my totems doing shit...

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

I am just doing life nodes and thinking that someone out there might show me a way to increase damage or something a bit more interesting than dumping into life.

Any theorycrafters take a look at the equip and skill tree?

Deathwing Deathwing Korrupt Korrupt Caliane Caliane

At work so cant see but I can tell you there is guys who run lab 24/7 in the guild if you want to look them up. If you hit S and see guild window check out MCGusto and Zee, both of them basically only do Uber lab runs 24/7. They were carrying people the first night when they were 80, so I would assume whatever they are running is tanky.