Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS. I'm assuming these Trigger enchantments on glove for on hit/on kill are no good for a totem build? They don't seem to trigger off my totems doing shit...
Correct. For enchant you probably want the one that spawns a clone of you when you get hit (___ of Reflection). The best option would be a good double corruption, second best probably a pair of fingerless silk gloves. I don't remember what skill you said your totems are using though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Correct. For enchant you probably want the one that spawns a clone of you when you get hit (___ of Reflection). The best option would be a good double corruption, second best probably a pair of fingerless silk gloves. I don't remember what skill you said your totems are using though.
Glacial Cascade totem if hes doing the same build I am. Switched to a build that uses reave but not sure i'm liking it (Duelist champion?) Was kinda funny first corrupted instance i went into I got Vaal Reave so that was cool. Melee just feels kinda wonky with lag/hits not registering compared to totems. Totems just kinda sucks cause you have to stop to place + with the build I'm doing using the curse on totem death robe that has to be managed. Been gibbed a few times because I forgot to pop my pot with cleanse/immune curse.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah Glacial Cascade.

We have a board guild? Hook up an invite. Briks.
If I end up staying with a melee build I'll hook you up with my 6L spider robe if you're still playing/playing totems and need it. Also instead of running with the curse reduction items I just ran with curse removal/immunity on a flash with some decent charges.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do you literally pick up nothing at all that isn't a unique, elder/shaper rare, map-only base, or some sort of currency/currency-like item? That's what my loot filter looks like when I stop caring about money, but sadly it isn't viable at the start of the league. Hell, at the rate I'm going so far it won't be viable a month in either. My point is that of all the ways to turn trash into currency, the unid chaos recipe is far better than sifting through the shitpile on the tiny chance there's a diamond in there, and in this league in particular it's even better due to the massively reduced jewelry bottleneck.

I don't abhor your methods of making currency. At the end of the day whatever is simpler/easier for you to do, do. My point is that there are many better/more efficient ways to make chaos/currency, even at the beginning of leagues.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What filter do people use for chaos recipe? I changed Neversink's with:

Strict
Currency: TransparentNoScrolls
Rares: ChaosRecipeMode
Chancing: SkyForthOnly(not sure what else to spend chances on, and I DID get a SkyForth from one this league)
Splinters: Hide Tul+Esh Splinters

I left everything else as default. But, if I press "alt", I can still see rares that would be useful for the chaos recipe. Is Strict the wrong base?

Vorph

What filter do people use for chaos recipe? I changed Neversink's with:

Strict
Currency: TransparentNoScrolls
Rares: ChaosRecipeMode
Chancing: SkyForthOnly(not sure what else to spend chances on, and I DID get a SkyForth from one this league)
Splinters: Hide Tul+Esh Splinters

I left everything else as default. But, if I press "alt", I can still see rares that would be useful for the chaos recipe. Is Strict the wrong base?
Yes, the preset only seems to affect the style, not the filter itself. I had to manually remove shitty 2x3 1H weapon bases because I only use 1x3's and 2x3 bows. Using strict will remove a ton of stuff that could be used, so I started with semi-strict and modified from there.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there any type of rhyme or reason to which Masters to pick for the hideout, or is that purely cosmetic Sims shit?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cosmetic, mostly. Obviously you can do the masters daily mission that creates your hideout so if you have the 2 master limit and really want Elreon or something, probably wise to go with him. But in the end, it's all cosmetic.

Vorph

You're always going to want Vorici (get to rank 6 asap so you can buy cheap fusings every day) and Zana. Then whoever you want for the hideout you like best (Catarina wins there, obviously) so you can do their daily and get them to 7 faster.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, the preset only seems to affect the style, not the filter itself. I had to manually remove shitty 2x3 1H weapon bases because I only use 1x3's and 2x3 bows. Using strict will remove a ton of stuff that could be used, so I started with semi-strict and modified from there.
How do you do that manual editing? And does eliminating an item in such a way prevent it from showing up in some other way(like a 6 socket)?

• 1Like

Vorph

How do you do that manual editing? And does eliminating an item in such a way prevent it from showing up in some other way(like a 6 socket)?
IIRC ...
Under Add custom show/hide rules > Highlight rares by item slot, I changed the first weapon section to width=1/height=3 and the second (bow) section to width=2/height=3.

I think that was the only change I had to make.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh shit, I caught the MTX bug, bad.

mtx.png

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did Uber Lab for the first time since it was added, haven't played a whole lot of poe lately generally just get a char to maps and stop but feel like doing more this league as it's pretty fun and since it's been so long there's a ton of stuff to do I haven't done before(like Shaper and Elder and what not).

Anyway, the run went without a problem, Izaro melted so fast I actually had to do additional keys stuff even though I tried to kill the lieutenants, but it was a good thing cause I got an Inpulsa out of one of the chests. Haven't been that rich since back when I found a 5L Belly back when Belly was actually the top tier shit. Gonna sell it and buy a grip of the council and a 6L with actual stats to replace my Tabula and then on to harder maps.

After my usual "I'm going to play something other than summoner aaaannnnndd I'm rerolling summoner fuck this noise", I picked a skele build and with all the changes in the past couple of patches I gotta say skeles are fucking awesome. The necro node from the ascendancy rework especially is a game changer but just all the changes make it so much better. It feels more or less like a normal nuke, you click a place, skeletons pop and like .3secs later they take a swing and melee splash kill everything around them instantly so it's a bit like a delayed spell like firestorm, but the single target damage output is ridiculous once they're all up and it doesn't take very long for that since the cast time is low and it pops 3 per cast(could get 5per cast with jewel but I don't feel it's that useful and it's one less jewel). And I get to play with Vaal skeletons again, which was always a bad tradeoff before due to limited hotkeys on a summoner, but not as much anymore cause I cut vaal haste(with all the nerfs and the vaal change it just doesn't feel worth using anymore).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How necessary is it to have 90% hit as a DS bleed build? I'm sitting at 85 currently and I just don't see anyway of going to 90 without spending a fortune. I'm extremely dex starved on this character.

Caliane

Did I miss a change?
im level 81, starting t5 maps. I have not found a single uber lab trial yet.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Did I miss a change?
im level 81, starting t5 maps. I have not found a single uber lab trial yet.
/global 820

Seriously, it just isn't worth it doing it straight up unless you have to in SSF. Took me 45 minutes to go from 0 trials to all 6 and only cost me 2 chaos in tips. Read: I am a cheap tipper because I'm not rich in this league yet.