Path of Exile

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just so you know, the links are irrelevant in that weapon. Eventually you need a 6S one, that's all that matters. I wouldn't pay for a 6S though, buy a high roll (225%+ phys/10%+ IAS) and socket it yourself.

I've seen people blow well over 80EX trying to self-socket/link. Unless you're just needing 6S and not 6L?

I'm assuming on all those elder "influence" mapping strats, you simply don't run the boss to keep the influence, correct?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Almost done with Atlas, missing 1x T12 and 3x T15 maps and then the T16 stuff other than mino(one of my T15 randomly upgraded to mino with a vaal, forgot it did that, on one hand it's neat but on the other I have to find another T15 now), just need to farm a bit so I get some T15 maps to drop to trade for the ones I'm missing, or just buy them but shit's pretty expensive at these tiers. Now I mostly need to get the Elder back into the middle which sounds like a pain in the dick. He respawned in the middle after I killed him the first time, but since I've been doing random maps for completion, he got his ass kicked all the way back to white maps.

Since you can't guess which side he'll go to if he gets cut off, I guess I should fight the shaper to expand the elder towards the middle, and then also fight the elder in the back to expand the shaper behind him to keep him in one blob and move his ass back to red maps right? And then expand the area so guardians+elder spawn, so I can get map fragments 11-14(if I'm very lucky, but most likely it'll take more than one). I believe they unfucked fragment 15 in this patch too, now I just need to fight a red elder?

Trying to get all this shit ready so I can try uber elder eventually. I'll probably dump my currency getting there and then I'll be done with the league, no interest in going 36 challenges plus some of them are really fucking bad(I still need to get 2 different effects from the gem room, I got it 3 times and only got vaal+level or just level+nothing). Hell I still haven't found a lightning room to 3, and I'm 93.

I've seen people blow well over 80EX trying to self-socket/link. Unless you're just needing 6S and not 6L?

I'm assuming on all those elder "influence" mapping strats, you simply don't run the boss to keep the influence, correct?
He said 6S, for this weapon specifically you don't need 6L. You basically put supports that help the skill that's on the axe directly, while your main skill is in your chest(or helm or whatever if you use a Kaom). It's the same as Whispering Ice where you don't need links, just 6S and drop all your shit in there.

And for the influence, if you do the square strat, you do run the boss. It'll swap, then you run it again, and it'll swap back and forth like that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ngamahu's Flame only needs 6S to buff up the damage of the proc balls. The actual skill (Cyclone) is in a 5-6L chest.

No, you put the maps you run on the border between elder and shaper. Run map as elder, shaper takes it, run map as shaper, elder takes it. Repeat until elder starts trying to escape some other direction due to the new "randomness" bullshit they added to kill off elder rings. Prune him back to only having ~15 maps and go back to ping-pong'ing the shaped map(s) you want to run. The thing that absolutely must not happen is Elder getting to 20 maps because then he and his guardians will spawn. And it needs to be a 'square' on the edge of the map because otherwise he starts spreading in all directions and you spend all your time keeping him <20 and never really get to run your desired maps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I want to buy 2 items worth ~25 exa each. If you've got another way, I'm all ears. :D
why-dont-poor-people-just-buy-more-money.jpg

Making an Indigon build? I've never had the ambition to make a build that expensive. Though, MS helm enchant and Xophs Blood might have come close to 20 exalts.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Making an Indigon build? I've never had the ambition to make a build that expensive. Though, MS helm enchant and Xophs Blood might have come close to 20 exalts.
Unfortunately, I have to get my 3ball enchant myself. I've been checking for a week and nobody is selling that on The Vertex, online or offline.

I want an Atziri's Reflection and a Watcher's Eye with at least Clarity: Mana reserved->ES and Discipline: +ES on hit. I don't even want to know how much more it would cost if it also had Wrath: Lightning dmg or pen on it too.

I despise leveling new characters in this game, so I just try to max out one build I like until I get sick of it and quit.

Edit: I don't actually understand why that jewel is so goddamn expensive. I mean, pretty much nobody uses ES anymore, and even fewer run a bunch of auras (I guess to be fair, running a L1 Clarity is almost effortless).

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Running into same brick wall I always do where I got my build about 80% of the way there, but to get the next worthwhile upgrade it’ll cost me 25ex +. I dunno how this happens with every build I play

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No surprise that you get bored as gear progression asymptotes. Find something else to progress. Alts, achievements, atlas, etc. I find it very important to have a concrete overall goal for each league otherwise you just end up bored and resentful when the gear progression inevitably slows. My goal is 36 challenges.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've found that if you are trying to scale without using crit or elemental conversions the curve for item progression is much steeper. Right now I think affixes favor elemental a wee bit too much, especially for attack skills.

Of course I think a big overhaul of conversions is coming and its about to get the ES/VP treatment.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just so you know, the links are irrelevant in that weapon. Eventually you need a 6S one, that's all that matters. I wouldn't pay for a 6S though, buy a high roll (225%+ phys/10%+ IAS) and socket it yourself.
You're right. I meant 5 sockets. I think it's 4L but that's just coincidence I didn't look for that.

Not used the PoE lingo in a while!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Having pretty good luck with prophecies, I need to pay moe attention to them. Got windripper last night. Got this tonight. The item I needed to have I paid 1alch for and 2c for the map. Not a bad investment. All of them are for sale for 190c to 1.5 ex currently. Needed the map in the atlas as well.

Frostferno.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah prophecies have a bunch of valuable ones, even if it's just a few chaos. I got 5L one which is about 30c, master triple xp which was like 15c early on iirc(for people rushing their masters to sell services I guess). The unique fated/dropped ones depends on the patches, frostferno is super valuable atm because of ele hit full conversion stuff, does very high damage apparently.

It's not like prophecies really cost anything, selling silver coins seems like a waste of time anyway and you get free shit every now and then with a potential for some big payoffs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
As is tradition I died 2x so far in 98, it feels so soul crushing but then everyone in my group died 2-4x so that made me feel a little better

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I've found that if you are trying to scale without using crit or elemental conversions the curve for item progression is much steeper. Right now I think affixes favor elemental a wee bit too much, especially for attack skills.

Of course I think a big overhaul of conversions is coming and its about to get the ES/VP treatment.
This has ALWAYS been the case honestly. But, it has outright gotten worse and worse.

Even back in the day, Weapon elemental damage, was far stronger then melee physical, etc. Auras obviously, ALSO all give added, or damaged gained as element. Heralds..
A physical build then used hatred, and/or ash.. which, then is gaining so much elemental, you absolutely wanted to convert your base phys as well.
Frostblades, and ranger cold conversion added to the game...
Much more elem pen added to the game.
Much more % of phys gained as element added to the game.

Flat Added elemental on weapons is kindof shit. As noted, physical conversion with hatred/ash and other sources of "% of phys gained" generally greatly surpasses the power of added elemental damage on weapons. Crit, crit multi, attack speed all more ideal, with that high base phys.
And of course actually dealing physical damage is shit, due to elem pen, and all that elem scaling.

Poison/chaos nerfs also notable in there.

Phys damage needs to be made great for once..

Borzak

GGG site down "bad gateway", also took out the trade API.

Edit - fixed now.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This has ALWAYS been the case honestly. But, it has outright gotten worse and worse.

Even back in the day, Weapon elemental damage, was far stronger then melee physical, etc. Auras obviously, ALSO all give added, or damaged gained as element. Heralds..
A physical build then used hatred, and/or ash.. which, then is gaining so much elemental, you absolutely wanted to convert your base phys as well.
Frostblades, and ranger cold conversion added to the game...
Much more elem pen added to the game.
Much more % of phys gained as element added to the game.

Flat Added elemental on weapons is kindof shit. As noted, physical conversion with hatred/ash and other sources of "% of phys gained" generally greatly surpasses the power of added elemental damage on weapons. Crit, crit multi, attack speed all more ideal, with that high base phys.
And of course actually dealing physical damage is shit, due to elem pen, and all that elem scaling.

Poison/chaos nerfs also notable in there.

Phys damage needs to be made great for once..

I think the biggest power spike came in Abyss league. I don't know a build that doesn't use Sygian Vise, unless your full phys.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Perfection:
dnuI9Ei.png

Took me a bit to move the elder back to red maps and then I got fucked by some RNG when Shaper cut a bunch of red maps at the top while I was fixing the bottom because Elder didn't spawn even at 18maps, but it all turned out well in the end. I'm at 10/15 so if I understood the wiki correctly with the changes I should be able to get all 5 fragments in a row since it's just red maps now, not tier specific. After that I just need to buy a couple of shaper guardian maps, do them and shaper, wait for respawn, move elder to guardian maps again and I should be able to kill Uber Elder, everything one after the other. Just need to change my spectre setup for boss killing and I'll start that tomorrow.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Running into same brick wall I always do where I got my build about 80% of the way there, but to get the next worthwhile upgrade it’ll cost me 25ex +. I dunno how this happens with every build I play

Try playing Hardcore if you aren't already, much easier to be rich in maps on HC. Granted that also means there's a lot less items to buy, but that also means you get to do a lot more crafting. SC will always have an economy that makes mediocre items worth virtually nothing, and slightly-better-than-mediocre items worth an arm and a leg.

Borzak

The exalt to chaos deal. I looked on poe ninja earlier and it's more that chaos appears to be worth less. Not sure if it's because more chaos floating around not spending it with zana or what. Nearly everything is going up in cost in relation to chaos.