Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Kind of in the category of, if you can't afford to lose it don't gamble with it. I wouldn't do something that was a majority of my assets in game or the chest piece you are using and such. But guessing if he had that stuff to begin with he wasn't scrapping by doing the chaos recipe all day for a few C. But one of them did indeed look like he was wearing it and took the gems out of it before he poofed it.

Borzak

Dumb question time. I'm just now starting to run temples other than do whatever I get. If you are not going for the apex but another room like the corruption one or sacrificial one is there any reason to run it a higher level?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dumb question time. I'm just now starting to run temples other than do whatever I get. If you are not going for the apex but another room like the corruption one or sacrificial one is there any reason to run it a higher level?
Temple seems to have a fairly good map droprate in my experience(I generally get 1-2red maps from trash drops on top of the potential map room/storage room) so I tend to do it at the highest level but if you're super fast mapping and don't care about maps much, then I guess it doesn't matter, especially if you're farming for corruption rooms/challenges.

Case in point, I just ran 83 temple, got 3minotaur, 1phoenix, 2 T15, 2 T14 and a bunch of lower maps, with just a lvl 2 carto room(all the T16 dropped from trash). Granted that's better than usual but still.

Last edited:

Borzak

The annoying part is it's much easier to run incursions with my elementalist and then run the actual temple with my Champion.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Optimal setup is something like 5 T11, 5 T12, 1 T16 incursions and you will consistently get ilvl 83 temple. ((78*5)+(79*5)+83)/11 + 4.1 = 83.01 ... you do have to do the T16 map though, as the map level of the temple cannot be higher than the highest level incursion you did. (4.1 is just an arbitrary constant someone on reddit figured out)

But no, if all you want is to spam incursions as fast as possible and get temples with sac/corrupt tables then you can go to a story area where Alva can be found super fast and just reset the map over and over. If you don't get the room you wanted after 11 incursions, open the temple, waste all 6 portals, then start over.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Uber Elder down.

I'm ashamed to say it took me many many deaths to get it down, I think I was on my 6th set or so, which is pretty awful.

I had to rework my char quite a lot, I had a ton of damage to spare, but I kept getting killed. I respeced into spectre life ascendancy so they wouldn't die(even then a couple died every now and then, damage is hardcore), and I respeced out of Necromantic Aegis+Victario frenzy/power charge on minions to get Unwavering Stance(since I kept getting stunned and then hit by balls or beam or slam or whatever else) and more health(with a Lioneye's Remorse as my shield, bumping me from about 7k hp 1k ES to 8.2k hp 900 ES). I also got used to the fight a bit more, but there was still some bullshit and the set just before I cleared I wiped so close, but Elder fucking slammed my ass out, didn't even know he had a slam, I thought only Shaper did. Also wasted a set because I bought a tempest prophecy for the challenge to take a break, then went to eat, forgot about it, reopen uber elder, and I had fire tempest in that shit, which made it way harder for no reason.

Had to sell a bunch of shit to buy the sets, mostly maps and an exalt(although I still have over an exalt worth of chaos so selling the exalt wasn't necessary). Didn't want to buy maps since I didn't want it to despawn, so had to buy fragments directly instead.

In comparison to every other fight difficulty wasn't even close though, there's A LOT more shit going on, and A LOT more damage, and you need to fight for A LOT longer due to phase switches and invuln phases and shit like that. I could push into the first summon phase in like 10secs(25% on both shaper and elder) but after that with all the delaying and running around and shit it made it so I couldn't really skip mechanics like I could with other bosses(for example normal shaper I barely saw anything because he was just getting pushed into next phases in seconds). It's also kind of a fucked fight if you can't leech/don't have super high regen. I usually rely on potions but it was rough, had to buy a Blood of the Karui for efficiency since healing 8k health with seething flasks isn't great and the minor god thing was pretty useful to get some free flask charges back.

Anyway with this done, I basically beat PoE. Cleared every fight(well I guess not Uber Atziri but I don't want to bother it looks boring and it wouldn't be much of a challenge with how much damage this build does) and every map(not all uniques I guess, I should still do halls of grandmaster since iirc that's hard).

Vorph

I should still do halls of grandmaster since iirc that's hard.
Hard isn't really the right word. It's completely impossible without using a skill that can hit a max block character with CI and a bunch of other PVP-rules bullshit. I should have done it on my Whispering Ice scion before selling off all that character's stuff, because that build makes the map a complete joke.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hard isn't really the right word. It's completely impossible without using a skill that can hit a max block character with CI and a bunch of other PVP-rules bullshit. I should have done it on my Whispering Ice scion before selling off all that character's stuff, because that build makes the map a complete joke.
Yeah ok I tried it quickly, shit's retarded. Got 2 CI or low life high ES high regen high defenses spamming gigantic aoes instantly killing all my pets, can't even get skeletons to attack before they die, so whatever.

Since I'm done I dropped a bunch of stuff in guild stash #15. Lots of red maps(no T15/16 I sold these), 200chaos and some other shit.

Borzak

I know this is nothing for everyone here. I'm not a fan of bosses with stages and such. This was kind of fun, boss clear with no deaths. Pack of bobs did OK tho.

Upgraded my Dreadbeak today. Spent 1 alchemy on Lakihshu's Blade for skin transfer. Had 2 points left over from buying stashes a while back and spent the 2 points on skin transfer. The Dreadbeack rusy sword was enough.

Bobs.jpg

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know this is nothing for everyone here. I'm not a fan of bosses with stages and such. This was kind of fun, boss clear with no deaths. Pack of bobs did OK tho.

Upgraded my Dreadbeak today. Spent 1 alchemy on Lakihshu's Blade for skin transfer. Had 2 points left over from buying stashes a while back and spent the 2 points on skin transfer. The Dreadbeack rusy sword was enough.

View attachment 168870

Properly rolled map for XP and returns, very very nice. That's the proper way you'll get returns at higher tiers, especially at t16 with sac frags + 100 quant + shaper or elder influence. Bosses with phases on maps arent worth the time. I don't even risk bosses at level 99 like Belfry, Waste Pool, and now since I just to one died no more Abyssal Liches until I ding.

XP at 99 is moving pretty smoothly, they seriously might need to nerf it down another 25% with how easy XP is getting now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Properly rolled map for XP and returns, very very nice. That's the proper way you'll get returns at higher tiers, especially at t16 with sac frags + 100 quant + shaper or elder influence. Bosses with phases on maps arent worth the time. I don't even risk bosses at level 99 like Belfry, Waste Pool, and now since I just to one died no more Abyssal Liches until I ding.

XP at 99 is moving pretty smoothly, they seriously might need to nerf it down another 25% with how easy XP is getting now.
What do you run for xp btw? Shaped T16 or just a shaped T15? Do you manage to sustain just that one map by removing the rest or do you run more than one map? Curious on the strats for actually grinding to 100, ppl mostly have strats for farming doctor and other stupid shit.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do you run for xp btw? Elder shaped T16 or just a shaped T15? Do you manage to sustain just that one map by removing the rest or do you run more than one map? Curious on the strats for actually grinding to 100, ppl mostly have strats for farming doctor and other stupid shit.

Until level 90 I ran anything on the atlas and focused on spawning Uber Elder for the orb ASAP. Once I killed about 12 guardians and Uber Elder 4x to get some crafting bases I deleted all all T11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 besides the shaped maps. (UGS 11, Dune 12, Armoury 13, Waste Pool 14, Belfry 15). Mostly to sell the shaped maps to be able to afford level 97+. I kept this Atlas until 99.

At 99 I completed every red map again except this time no T15s. I deleted all completion of guardians so my default T16 is Underground Sea and my only T15 is Belfry. My atlas % is something like 148 now with the rework at 99. Basically I compelted all the red maps on the Atlas to get the % boost on T16's.

The hardest part honestly though is not dying at 98+ especially with maps with 40% pack size and quant. At 98 i completely stop doing sextants with +physical mobs or 30 dangerous barrels just in case they are the bearer type mobs. Even mitigating as much danger as I can and swapping heralds for purities at 99 I still died twice yesterday. I think at 98 I died a minimum of 7 times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I'm incredibly slow. I take maps as they come. I like variety. I'm not in a hurry to get thru to something since I'm not going to do shaper or uber elder. When I can't get further I buy some more. Would be much faster I'm sure to do it a different way like block paths and run the same map over and over. Got all white, all yellow, and about 3/4 of the red maps now. Done the guardians before so no big hurry to do them again.

Got a decent boss killing build, now looking for a faster map running build. My arc build might can be salvaged, I'll need to investigate some more. It kind of hit a brick wall at tier 10, but it was a league starter build. Might be something more chaos and exalts can fix but I don't know yet.

This is where someone says I should have kept the windripper and bisco's to run map or currency.

Vorph

Properly rolled map for XP and returns, very very nice.

That's how I roll my maps too, except I feel like they have dicked around with map affixes recently. A couple seasons ago reflect was a fairly uncommon affix and cannot leech was extremely rare. Now, as I'm trying to roll all my maps into corrupted ones with 125%+Q and huge pack size, I'm seeing ele reflect pop up on at least half of them and of the half that look ok at first about half of those end up with either cannot leech or cannot regen (doable, but super annoying when you only have ~100 mana unreserved). Strangely I almost never see phys reflect...

In the end, even with running maps like that and getting a lot more maps to drop than normal, I end up wasting so many on shit I can't run because of two affixes out of however the hell many there are. Very frustrating.

Borzak

My arc elementalist gets all the physical reflect maps I get since she can run those no problem. Elemental resist both the elementalist and champion are fucked.

Vorph

Yeah, phys reflect is about a 50 dps tickle after mitigation so I love seeing it pop up as a free affix. It just doesn't happen very often though. I can run literally any other combination no matter how much extra damage it adds which is what makes those two things I can't so annoying. Temp Chains is the only other thing I hate to see since I have to flask curses away until I get an Atziri's Reflection, which seems more and more unlikely to ever happen at this point.

I'm still curious whether or not a 50% less reflect damage Watcher's Eye would let me run ele reflect maps reasonably well, or if a 30 ES on hit one would let me run no-leech maps. Not really inclined to spend an exalt on shitty throwaway jewels testing a theory though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only reason I cannot do Phys Reflect is because of Lightpoachers helmet, you would need to run a PtL gem socketed in it to have any kind of chance. I would never not use the Lightpoachers, it adds so much clear speed and healing to any build that has the ability to use it. I am just socket starved so I am using my CWDT IC in the helm with enfeeble over using a 2 socket.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Until level 90 I ran anything on the atlas and focused on spawning Uber Elder for the orb ASAP. Once I killed about 12 guardians and Uber Elder 4x to get some crafting bases I deleted all all T11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 besides the shaped maps. (UGS 11, Dune 12, Armoury 13, Waste Pool 14, Belfry 15). Mostly to sell the shaped maps to be able to afford level 97+. I kept this Atlas until 99.

At 99 I completed every red map again except this time no T15s. I deleted all completion of guardians so my default T16 is Underground Sea and my only T15 is Belfry. My atlas % is something like 148 now with the rework at 99. Basically I compelted all the red maps on the Atlas to get the % boost on T16's.

The hardest part honestly though is not dying at 98+ especially with maps with 40% pack size and quant. At 98 i completely stop doing sextants with +physical mobs or 30 dangerous barrels just in case they are the bearer type mobs. Even mitigating as much danger as I can and swapping heralds for purities at 99 I still died twice yesterday. I think at 98 I died a minimum of 7 times.
Shaped maps sell decently? I assumed people didn't want to buy them unless it was also the map they shaped since it was fit for their build.

Also I don't get Belfry shaping. Is it really worth it to run a map that you don't kill the boss in(well I assume most people don't kill it, since it takes a while and it's pretty rippy with map mods). I ended up shaping Siege instead since the layout was decent enough and density looked pretty good(although it rolled these magma orb guys pretty often which was annoying).

And so you're doing underground sea T16 from what you're saying right? You said you rushed the elder orb but didn't mention what you used it on. I've seen a bunch of people run that, I'm not entirely sure why since it seems kinda messy with walls everywhere, although I guess it's good for KB wand.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shaped maps sell decently? I assumed people didn't want to buy them unless it was also the map they shaped since it was fit for their build.

Also I don't get Belfry shaping. Is it really worth it to run a map that you don't kill the boss in(well I assume most people don't kill it, since it takes a while and it's pretty rippy with map mods). I ended up shaping Siege instead since the layout was decent enough and density looked pretty good(although it rolled these magma orb guys pretty often which was annoying).

And so you're doing underground sea T16 from what you're saying right? You said you rushed the elder orb but didn't mention what you used it on. I've seen a bunch of people run that, I'm not entirely sure why since it seems kinda messy with walls everywhere, although I guess it's good for KB wand.

Shaped maps sell insanely well, we made somewhere around 22k chaos before splitting profits.

Belfry is a straight square and can hold 4 sextants, its one of the most packed maps for mobs in the game. The boss takes longer than the map because of his phases for only an 8% ish chance for a map. Elder UGS is pretty much the same thing, its a tiny map with packed mobs that's really good for double beyond.