Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He runs without the HH on purpose to show the build....... If you can't afford inspired learnings not sure what to say. I rocked a fucking 5L for the majority of the last 2 chars i leveled to 100 with. You dont need every best item or HH to do anything, i almost never have a HH.
Yeah, I missed that part when skimming the video the first time. I've never played with inspired learning. Are they worth it if you aren't grinding or farming?

I think the negative interaction between volatile dead and bodyswap occurs when unearth is your only source of corpses.

After playing around with the build some more, likely going stick with the PP gemming in the video. Volatile dead cleans up too well to ignore. It's also safer than blade vortex.

I also tried lighting warp too. Probably equally fast for clearing, but the minimum duration on the skill doesn't feel great paired with spamming frenzy.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
https://pastebin.com/06FrRVPN

So I've been running this guys PP/Indigon build. I'm not sure I get his Vaal RF decision linked with CWDT. I'm chalking it up to him having the wrong levels in POB and he keeps his CWDT low so it doesn't proc regular RF. Also I don't get the decision to go with Molten Shell over IC. I would of course ask all these questions on the youtube link below if I hadn't forgotten my google login and have to send in 4 forms of ID and a video of my mother saying that it is indeed me to reset my password.

EDIT: NVM about the IC. Didn't see if he had it in another link. So I'm chalking the CWDT levels being wrong while linked to Vaal RF, or maybe he just has them unlinked. Although in his video his two 3R1B are 4L so I don't know.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can't trigger vaal skills, he manually activates vaal rf and I'm pretty sure he doesn't use rf. The CWDT link is effectively useless, he is just utilizing the increased duration support.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Its not a new build, been around for a while. There are better build guides if you're looking for them.

I'm not sure I agree with just volatile dead alone in a pen. How are you supposed to supply enough corpses for it?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, stumbled upon someone that was using an Incandescent Heart instead of LL Shavs or CoD and CI. Defensively, I think it might be better than both and you don't have to spend a ton of gem slots for purities and enlightens. Offensively, you likely lose a bit.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, stumbled upon someone that was using an Incandescent Heart instead of LL Shavs or CoD and CI. Defensively, I think it might be better than both and you don't have to spend a ton of gem slots for purities and enlightens. Offensively, you likely lose a bit.

He uses Unearth to generate for VD. He also suggests Incandescent Heart. Also Vaal Skills don't activate with CWDT, but the regular skills associated with it do.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No way Unearth can keep up with Bodyswap and volatile dead. I would recommend putting arc with volatile dead. DPS is almost as good while having massive clear.

I didn't see his recommendation for Incandescent Heart, didn't watch the whole video since I'm on mobile. Saw he took a reservation node so I thought he was LL.

Yes, CWDT will trigger the regular part. I doubt it's of low enough level to be triggered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm gonna try Arc tonight. Honestly kind of wish I went with Wizz or whatevers build that Korrupt Korrupt was talking about. Looked it up after starting this and it would've probably been way cheaper while being more survivable. Plus I coulda sprung for the Zerphii's last breath for some absolute lolz tanking.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The video I linked above is basically windz guide. He does arc/volatile dead too. But his build is built for grinding to 100, not sure you're doing that too.

If you aren't, I like the hierophant versions better. The life version looks good IF you can rely on Zerphis. The place where that really matters, how often is that flask going to be up?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arc feels much better in mapping, for the bossing ill swapped it for conc. Thanks for the advice!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
All bosses can be precast to one shot regardless of gems. Except Uber elder of course, but arc is useful there. If you're circle strafing I think arc will still connect.

I'll have to double check my calculations, but I think with the corpse limitations and assuming arc connects, arc vd comes close to vd.

If you want high sustained single target, arc ball lightning is tops. But no precast and no inherent mobility.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You mean you didn't write your own Indigon simulator? It's actually not that hard, mine is about 100 lines of Python.

There's no actual way to get the dps into pob. You can do damage, but pob is going to have no idea how handle poets pen, let alone times you run out mana and have fall back to slower attacks.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That wasn't worth a flying fuck. Ping of 19ms. Enter shaper realm ping goes to 200+ms, port out to hideout back to 19ms, go back into shapers reallm 400ms ping, back to hideout back to 19ms.

Borzak

Got this from card turn in. Appears to be worth more than the 5c trade macro came up with. Any ideas? The only two that come up on the offical trade site are 20 and 35ex. I think that seems incrediably high.

gamble.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Similar one for 8ex for sale, 9days ago might be overpriced though. At least 6-7ex. Quantity is the best stat and you rolled max, you have decent-ish life, high resist for all of them, rarity is ok, so yeah lots of money.

Borzak

I had 2 cards and paid 7c for the last one. Guess it paid off. Was ticked after losing my shaper kill and was going thru cards to see what I could dump.

I should have made a MF character. Bisco's first temple, windripper the next day, and now this. I don't think I've had a drop of over 10c outside of those.

Xevy

Log Wizard
What's the go-to clear everything fast and kill bosses melee build right now? I started arc totem and did fairly well with just a 5L, got to 92 and just got bored of the playstyle. Made my usual flickerstrike twink and it clears maps in like 1 minute, but single target is dingus unless I buy some multi ex claws or completely respec. Was thinking of using a Nghamu's with the flicker trickster for more boss dps, but the problem is the balls scale off phys and I've been stacking elemental mostly b/c of the Red Trail/Golden Rule self bleeds.

Flicker was great until the Omnitect. I didn't even fucking KNOW he had a chaos aura but it's literally only his hitbox so only flicker strike people feel it and it will fucking melt you.