Path of Exile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im having a hard time getting excited for the 1 months. Would be nice if they could give them some form of variation.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looking for feedback on a standard indigon PP build with my usually stupid twist.

The most popular Indigon PP build utilizes volatile dead in one pen and unearth, body swap, and GMP in the other. Volatile dead is great for bosses but that's about it. It kinda sucks for clearing. Even if you socket volatile dead and unearth so that they cast at the same time(so volatile dead won't eat your traveling corpse), there can still be clunky issues. Projectile travel time and los/tight spaces on unearth can cause you to plant less than 5 corpses. On top of all of that, 2 spells in one pen and 1 in the other is not great too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't seem to get rid of the negative interaction between volatile dead, unearth, and body swap where I'll just be standing there swing away, cast spells, but not body swapping anyway.

So, my thought was to use arc and lw. Works alright, but anyone that's played LW and PP know that LW is not suited for the spamability that Indigon requires.

So, I settled on Arc - Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction in one pen, and Unearth - Faster Projectiles - Body Swap in another. That movement combo is pretty fucking good without volatile dead getting in the way, it's the fastest I've been able to rip through some maps. LoS issues kinda blow though.

Wondering if there's a better setup. An indigon precast 6L is occupying my weapon swap, that's why I didn't go with another pair of pens to switch to for bosses. I was thinking if I *really* needed to, volatile dead and GMP could be gem swapped in.

Losing precasting tons of balls does kinda suck.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For the body swap and volatile dead, you have to fiddle around with order of gems and which wand is MH and OH for it to work properly I think. If you're killing fast with arc though then might as well use that I guess.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What was good about using indigon / pp to 100 is the fact that herald of ash ignites and prolifs from ANY overkill damage, thats really the main reason everyone copied Wizja / Winja. Try Herald of Ash with +Burning Damage + Swift Affliction and hopefully enlighten even level 3 as your 4th link. If that isnt enough i would try the VD again with the prolif, it felt very smooth to me at least speeding levels up.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm definitely using Herald of Ash, not sure how I'm going to fit linking anything to it though. Burning Damage and Swift Affliction make that big a difference in clearing when you have Arc already?

HoA can ignite?

The smoothness, or lack thereof, seems to be coming from Volatile Dead and Body Swap fighting each other for corpses. I didn't know MH and OH makes a difference for PP builds. What's optimal setup then?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know what's the optimal setup, but when I watched that Raiz poet pen lvling video the other day because someone was asking about Faster Casting in it, when he switches to PPs, it basically wasn't working because the corpses kept getting consumed and shit. Then he was like "oh", switched his 2 poet pens and then it was working fine. Was just saying if you have issues it might just be that. I haven't played the builds though so my knowledge of them are fairly limited.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I swear that looks tamer than the previous flashbacks. I'll probably still do 85 for the MTX but none of those combinations are making me excited.

The fact the MTX are a random draw at league end between everyone that reaches those level tiers kinda leaves me little hope for winning anything.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know what's the optimal setup, but when I watched that Raiz poet pen lvling video the other day because someone was asking about Faster Casting in it, when he switches to PPs, it basically wasn't working because the corpses kept getting consumed and shit. Then he was like "oh", switched his 2 poet pens and then it was working fine. Was just saying if you have issues it might just be that. I haven't played the builds though so my knowledge of them are fairly limited.
Well, my theory for best socketing is:
Volatile Dead - Arc - Elemental Focus
Unearth - Bodyswap - GMP

Volatile Dead will never use Unearth corpses unless you're staying in the same area(boss). Guess I should go read some more guides. Problem there is that a *lot* of people seem to just put up with that clunky gameplay when I watch their videos.

Aamry Aamry yeah, they should probably increase the prize pool with how popular the game is now. But still, for a good weekend it takes to get to 85, seems alright to me. I haven't played a sunderboi in a while.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Unearth - Bodyswap - GMP

Volatile Dead will never use Unearth corpses unless you're staying in the same area(boss). Guess I should go read some more guides. Problem there is that a *lot* of people seem to just put up with that clunky gameplay when I watch their videos.

Aamry Aamry yeah, they should probably increase the prize pool with how popular the game is now. But still, for a good weekend it takes to get to 85, seems alright to me. I haven't played a sunderboi in a while.
I mean the issue when it was on wrong hands is it wasn't body swapping at all half the time. But even when it's "fixed", it still body swaps every, I don't know, .75secs or whatever, it's not really that fast moving around. I guess that's just how it is.

On the 1month leagues, I think they should go back to giving full armor sets if you reach x level like they used to, even if it's just recolors of existing sets. I think people would be ok with that. Also have a different color for HC to get people to play HC. I think back when they did that with Seraph sets it was pretty neat. On the other hand I see why they don't do it when they run them during another temp league, since that'd kill them even more than it does already. This shit worked better when it was between leagues as fillers.

I'll see if I can sneak some leveling for the rewards before monster hunter. The game releasing that early instead of september like I assumed ruined my plans of maybe getting 100 during this one month league(with the additional xp I think it'd be easier than on a normal league even if it's just 1month, plus harbinger/perandus shenanigans). Still 85 shouldn't be too hard, 95 seems like it'd give good odds for the boxes but it also takes too long.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 3 x Tormented Spirits

It's gonna be a good one bois.

On a more serious note, I love being able to make my own filters in Filterblade. Checking ninja and then adjusting uniques before Neversink releases his major updates is where it's at. Got me a Ratcage already I would've easily just missed while mapping.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
still something to look forward to. There’s an endless list of builds I want to try the tough part is deciding the best one to start such a short league with

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
  • 3 x Tormented Spirits

It's gonna be a good one bois.

On a more serious note, I love being able to make my own filters in Filterblade. Checking ninja and then adjusting uniques before Neversink releases his major updates is where it's at. Got me a Ratcage already I would've easily just missed while mapping.

Is the thing about Tormented Spirits a joke? If not, why are they so valuable? I find them to add nothing when I spot them on a level.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He's joking.

There were some previous mayhems where you'd get 5(or was it 10?) ghosts in some really small rooms with a guaranteed unique. Usually Tora's beast lair mission. That was actually fun because it provided for some hilarious encounters. 3 doesn't seem like it will be enough to reach that critical mass.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it was 8, but yeah that event I ripped like 4 characters to 5+ ghosted mobs that would turbo fist my asshole before I could even react. Was lots of fun.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
He's joking.

There were some previous mayhems where you'd get 5(or was it 10?) ghosts in some really small rooms with a guaranteed unique. Usually Tora's beast lair mission. That was actually fun because it provided for some hilarious encounters. 3 doesn't seem like it will be enough to reach that critical mass.

Good, that must have been the shittiest league ever.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unearth - Bodyswap - GMP

Windz has a decent guide but he got the idea from Wizja. Was smooth as butter for the 2nd half of the grind to 100.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Windz has a decent guide but he got the idea from Wizja. Was smooth as butter for the 2nd half of the grind to 100.
You're referring to this video?

I don't think it's entirely fair to evaluate a build with headhunter. But, I'll watch the video, see if there's anything to glean.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seems something fucky is going on. I would really love an in-depth guide on poet's pen because I'm missing something here. Like, Poet's Pen for Idiots.

Just testing out in Blood Aqueducts, no monsters or corpses(killed them and then used them up). I have Unearth - GMP - Bodyswap in main hand(left, looking at character screen) and Arc - VD - Elemental Focus in the other. Going slow enough(not that it matters, I don't have over 8 APS) to see the spells cast, I have gotten both Unearth and VD casting at the same time and then opposite each other. WTF is going on?!?!

Poet's Pen mechanics aside, what's the ideal on paper? Unearth VD cast at same time or not? This is assuming two spells in both pens.

EDIT: hmmmm, I think the sequencing is global. I can reliable "mess" with this by wielding one pen, casting a spell, then equipping the other pen, and now they are out of sequence until you do a double weapon swap.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're referring to this video?

I don't think it's entirely fair to evaluate a build with headhunter. But, I'll watch the video, see if there's anything to glean.

He runs without the HH on purpose to show the build....... If you can't afford inspired learnings not sure what to say. I rocked a fucking 5L for the majority of the last 2 chars i leveled to 100 with. You dont need every best item or HH to do anything, i almost never have a HH.