Path of Exile

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Problem is though, the character still stays on your same account. And even though accounts are free, most HC people wouldn't want to give up all the stuff in their HC stash. I guess you could move your stash inventory over to a new account, but that's kind of a pain in the butt too. Of course, you'd also lose anything you've bought(stash tabs, etc) on that original account.

Not too feasable.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Welp it's time to sell my 95 Astramentis. I'm hoping to get 6ex for it, but I'll sell it to someone here for 5ex. I'll also trade it for good ES gear.

Dashivax

N00b
For those of you who play hardcore, what is the general consensus on using Chaos orbs(and higher) for making gear? Is it only really worth it once you are high enough level for maps?
The most cost effective thing to do with your currency is trade with other players for good items. If you absolutely hate trading then you will probably get frustrated quickly and quit, because rolling gear is pretty terrible.

The only way to roll gear that I would recommend is with Augmentations, just shoot for the highest life roll and something else good and then regal it. Works well for every slot except weapon/chest.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Chaos should be used on maps and pretty much nothing else. If you happen to find a 6L of a good base type, chaos rolling it can be worth it, sometimes, but generally even that is meh vs alting then regaling+exalting. In general you shouldn't bother rolling gear for upgrades and just trade instead. Even for super endgame items, it tends to be cheaper to buy a mirror and mirror a good item than try to roll it yourself. Alching 60+ but 73- jewelry/belts is also decent just for the random chance of something good and everything else you combined into the chaos recipe with random drops you find while doing maps. You can also be lucky with alchs on 4L gear or jewelry/belt, if you wanna gamble that's a good way, but I don't feel it's worth chaosing when you can generally get almost 2alch per chaos.

Only good crafting thing to do is using chances on gear that has good uniques.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Tossing up between getting into this torchlight II or back to Diablo. I'm a bit hesitant with this as I get the feeling it needs another 2-3months to get smooth out some kinks?

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Character name: RemmyOF (Softcore)

DMK currently the game is far superior to both diablo 3 and torchlight.
If you are going for a "long haul" for this genre playing tl2 and d3 first wouldn't be a bad idea. While this game is top dog as is... it will be even better a year from now.

I don't see d3 or tl2 advancing much in the terms of gameplay and content in the next year.

plaeroma_sl

shitlord
Any word yet on melee splash carrying effects or just doing damage? Viper strike being disabled leads me to believe it will carry skill effects, too, but I haven't seen one way or another. I love the animation on glacial hammer, would be sweet to have ae freeze.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Any word yet on melee splash carrying effects or just doing damage? Viper strike being disabled leads me to believe it will carry skill effects, too, but I haven't seen one way or another. I love the animation on glacial hammer, would be sweet to have ae freeze.
Yeah I assume it'll apply effects, otherwise it makes little sense to disable viper strike, unless it specifically was working with viper strike due to different mechanics so they had to disable it but don't think that's the case. No dev has commented on this specifically however, so not 100% sure. If it doesn't splash the effect it's pretty useless, other than giving a second dual wield aoe attack other than cleave. Will make dual dagger or dual fist a lot stronger by just spamming dual strike into everything for the sheer dmg output.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Welp it's time to sell my 95 Astramentis. I'm hoping to get 6ex for it, but I'll sell it to someone here for 5ex. I'll also trade it for good ES gear.
Don't sell it omg. It's not worth selling rare, good uniques, you never know when you might want to use one in the future . I'm not using my 5L Es chest which is close to 300es if that's enough for you now.

I also have a 216 Es helm and some other es gear. Hit me up in game.

Don't sell astramentis :x

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i've specced out of CI, put on my shavronne's and switched to a low health pain-attunement build. I think these are still not that common right now. But I am loving my dps. Pretty entertaining when a couple fire traps crit and wipe out an entire blue pack on a 6person map, while the rest of the party keeps spamming their fp/LA before realizing everything is dead.

Main problem is now chaos damage completely rapes my face, even with close to 5k es I am basically a sitting duck. pretty sure I got one shot by the wharf snake boss. Having never been without CI before, i am pretty unused to this
frown.png
No idea how to get chaos resists up from -60. Don't see it on much gear. Is there even an aura? Any flasks for it?

oh and i specifically had to get ghost reaver just so i can do the chaos dot map mods. I have no protection against that otherwise.

Oh and a nice trick ive learned on slow to kill rares and bosses - use something with culling strike near the end. I use skeletons. then get ready to loot. It gives you a slight jump on the rest of the party, who arent expecting it to drop just yet. i've ninjad a few yellows and even a unique this way

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Don't sell it omg. It's not worth selling rare, good uniques, you never know when you might want to use one in the future . I'm not using my 5L Es chest which is close to 300es if that's enough for you now.

I also have a 216 Es helm and some other es gear. Hit me up in game.

Don't sell astramentis :x
I'd fucking love your chest.

I've also been thinking about what I'd do if I got my hands on a 5L shavronne. I'd have to look at what the diminishing returns are on IIQ/IIR but it seems like pain attunement andhttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Wondertrapare a no brainer. I'd have to see what the game looks like when you're at low life all the time. It might not be worth it if it's too dark.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd fucking love your chest.

I've also been thinking about what I'd do if I got my hands on a 5L shavronne. I'd have to look at what the diminishing returns are on IIQ/IIR but it seems like pain attunement andhttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Wondertrapare a no brainer. I'd have to see what the game looks like when you're at low life all the time. It might not be worth it if it's too dark.
I actually forgot to mention, i did get a wondertrap for like 1 alch lol, and it works great - i think ive easily doubled the number of rare drops. Hvaent seen a unique yet but rng too unpredictable to assess that just yet. Lots of awesome perks to a low health build so far.

That is actually a big negative - i was trynig to figure out why i couldnt see shit in some dungeon maps, and it was because I had like no life. It wasnt too terrible tho - i just stayed behind the group and shot at wherever my totem was firing. On outdoor maps it's completely fine.

Oh I gave up trying to 5L my staff or shavronnes for now - it was beginning to make the game shitty for me. Found out a way to survive with a couple 4Ls on both for now. Most likely I'll instead find a 5l staff on sale for a few ex and just buy it when I have enough cash. Or I may switch to a wand/shield combo, depending how survivability goes - losing 1k+ es by not having a shield. At some point i'll try to 5L my shavronnes but not until im a lot richer.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've seen some third party software that says it does the typical maphack/zoomhack but it also does something to remove darkness from the game.

I wonder how hard it'd be for you to get +chaos resists. On one hand chaos resist is really rare, but on the other hand on CI gear it's a waste of a stat. I know my ES helm as 20% chaos resist.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
btw I'll be on all day. Once I get a 5L es chest I can finally go innoculation! got 5pts saved up for it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i wont be on till way late today, if youre around at 1am pst i should be on if you can log in i can drop off the es gear. otherwise i'll be on and off tomorrow

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sounds good.

Unrelated, I hit 74 and docks xp is garbage now. Is there any other commonly farmed xp area that doesn't have chaos damage?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
only good xp post 72 or so is maps. just join pugs, focus on staying alive and you should get xp pretty fast. I dont even bother trying to dps just make sure I grab anything worthwhile that drops. You'd be surprised how many 6S's people dont notice, I think knowing you you will really shine with that.