Path of Exile

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I heard about that combo, thanks for posting a video of it.

Really though, a vid of someone farming docks isn't that conclusive. I'd want to see that build clearing a difficult map. The big problem I see is the lack of control. Either way it's a very interesting build.

Dashivax

N00b
Looks like a pretty fast way to kill yourself on a reflect mob before you even saw it. I guess people in Default league don't care about that though.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I gave splash a try with Heavy Strike and was pretty underwhelmed.

With a 5 link which has **faster attacks -added fire damage-melee phys-weapon elemental damage-heavy strike** I get 7857 tooltip. Take weapon ele damage off and it drops to 6694. Replace that with splash and it goes to 5354. Pretty rough. Granted, this is without splash leveled up. I just added weapon ele damage in and that isn't leveled either.

Reduce that 5354 by 50% and it's a 2.5k AoE which isn't horrible. Compared to my sweep which is in a 5 link and does 1.4k and it's looking pretty good. But the thing is, I also have culling strike and IIR/IIQ gems on sweep.

I can almost see a situation where I could be switching to sweep when mobs are almost dead, but that would need enemy health bars on screep to really be effective, but sweep has such a nice AoE radius and is almost 360 degrees. I'm thinking multistrike might actually be good for my build, but I'm not expecting to find one of those any time soon.

Edit: It looks like melee splash gets +3% melee physical damage and -1% less damage to other targets per level. So at level 20 it would be +60% physical damage, -20% to main target, -30% to other targets. That might actually be pretty good. For now I'll just keep leveling it

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Past im back in town, what level are you now? back to maps this week?
I can only log in latenight (1am PST) this week. Stuck at lvl 77. Almost leveled last night then died twice and back to halfway. The rain of arrows boss with increased attack speed mod is ridiculous

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wow his VOIP friends sound incompetent.

I also don't see what the big deal is with what he did. My mediocre FP witch clears mobs with the same speed and more safety as any of his examples. The flicker army was pretty epic though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
As tempted as you are to use your consumables on gear early on...save save save. The upgrades will come fast and furious for the first 30-40 levels, you don't need to waste a lot of consumables trying to upgrade low level gear. Also stash any yellow/unique rings, amulets, and belts that you find and don't use. Those seem to be the rarest items, and also the most universal to use across multiple characters since you don't have to worry about slots/colors on those pieces of armor(they work well across many different builds)

Keep an eye out for the slots and slot connections on gear. You arent just looking at blue/yellow/orange gear like Diablo 3, slots on a white item can be VERY important. I hold on to pretty much any white armor that is 4 connected gem slots or higher, for future character builds.

I honestly can't stand this Final Fantasy VII style skill/equipment idea that Diablo and now PoE use. How could they not have the foresight to avoid bullshit OP builds like this?

Is it really that difficult to ensure that X skill doesn't make Y skill absurdly powerful?

Just when I'm getting interested in a title - they up and completely fuck the game up. By allowing this OP shit to continue, they basically are asking the playerbase to play 1 certain way to keep up.

Also, separately - How the fuck does Kripp sleep at night? A professional gamer who makes no money... I play for tops an hour a day and after that hour I feel like my life has gotten worse.

Scroll a few posts back. They introduced multi strike, and within 25 minutes we have builds that are unkillable.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Scroll a few posts back
None of those melee stuff were OP. They still require melee range for the most part, which is still shittier than doing exactly the same thing on the edge of your screen using spark totems, lightning arrow or at least at twice the distance with freezing pulse(which also freeze obviously) or EK. Elemental Cleave with AoE passives is also most likely still better than using a splash gem, splash only made more skills viable(mostly infernal blow). Multihit is simply lesser multiple projectiles, but worse.

Not that you would know since you haven't played the game and apparently don't like playing video games in general.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Scroll a few posts back. They introduced multi strike, and within 25 minutes we have builds that are unkillable.
Which build is unkillable?

edit: Pyros stop ruining my Socratic debate!
Sussark

What did you roll Tuco? hit me up tonight if you need gear also, I have bank tabs full of no crappy rolls available for anyone here.
I have a 76 CI/FP witch. I'll be on tonight.