Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
well i give up on uber elder i think, atleast for now.
ve blown 4 frag sets now. i just cant do it. its not the build i think. i just cant keep track of everything going on. i can either dodge shaper balls or elder spikes, not both lol. unless theres a build i can just face tank everything cept maybe shaper balls n slams, its not happening for me. sucks cuz everything else in the game is just so easy. the elder t16 guardians total breeze, red elder total breeze,shaper ez pz, chayula dead before i even know whats happening.
i may try again in standard but not sure if i have the will to try to spawn him there. but i dont make enuf currency to keep flushing it down the toilet on this fight, a full frag set is like 1ex.

I can help you out. I am experienced at doing Uber Elder with builds that shouldn't be able to do uber elder. So I am sure I can help figure it out for you with an actual meta build.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Deathwing Deathwing

This is it. Was a bit further back than I thought.
That's a type of builds known as auto bombers. Basically, you move around and they do the killing for you. Most of the time, they utilized shield charge and two heralds, but this one's a bit different.

Beware, it's a meme build and certainly not a good first choice.

Caliane

ah. Vaal Earthquake. blade vortex. and lots of increased duration.Trial heralds.
As deathwing noted. an autobomber. cwdt-Molten shell for auto damage reflect as well.

Elementalist+triherald blade vortex was pretty popular last league. its a fairly "autobomber" build without having to actually go full autobomber.
thats what this is, with vaal earthquake for extra keks. and damage.

Probably should have those goat boots as well.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can help you out. I am experienced at doing Uber Elder with builds that shouldn't be able to do uber elder. So I am sure I can help figure it out for you with an actual meta build.

View Profile - Path of Exile - rozakk

well this is my build. ive already been told to run purity of ice but not sure how to fit that in, even if i replace herald with it i dont have enuf mana anymore. not sure if an enlighten 4 would solve it for me but thats a pretty expensive option for somethign that may not work. and also im not inclined to spend to fix it when it seems more like an 'old man reflexes' issue more than anything else. its like im the last remaining target at a bukkake party and we're near the end of the video

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, what's killing you?

Purity of Ice is just a way to mitigate some of the larger damage in this fight. Shaper balls are all cold. Part of the beam is cold. Elder's spears are all cold, and getting double tapped by him can kill most builds. It will mitigate the damage from his slow(which isn't much) but it won't do shit versus the slow.

I don't feel Purity of Ice is necessary. Kaom's Roots, I could see, that slow is brutal if it's timed wrong.

Why are you running combustion support on Discipline and Clarity? Does that actually do anything, cost wise?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, what's killing you?

Purity of Ice is just a way to mitigate some of the larger damage in this fight. Shaper balls are all cold. Part of the beam is cold. Elder's spears are all cold, and getting double tapped by him can kill most builds. It will mitigate the damage from his slow(which isn't much) but it won't do shit versus the slow.

I don't feel Purity of Ice is necessary. Kaom's Roots, I could see, that slow is brutal if it's timed wrong.

Why are you running combustion support on Discipline and Clarity? Does that actually do anything, cost wise?

haha no. so the story with that is ive not been able to 6L my shav's. at this point in the league ive put in enuf fusings where i could have probably bought 2 6l shav's ,but sunk cost fallacy's hit me hard, at this point ive just blindly kept trying. anyways this has forced me to do some wierd stuff like use a pseudo 6L helm. from pob tho even a 6l shav's would only give me about12% more damage over that helm,and damage hasnt really been an issue too much.

but yea this has resulted in me having 6 sockets on my shavs that im not surewhat to do with. ive just been leveling gemsin a bunch of them (hence thecombustion)

theres no one consistent thing that kills me. i think ive died to everythign possible in the fight. my gut says its most commonly somethign like whirling into ashaper ball or beam while trying to avoid an elder attack, or vice versa

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's likely a lot of minor details you could tweak. Like you're playing LL ES but you pick up max life % passives?

The main thing I'm having trouble with is sustain. How do you *actively* recover ES? Relying solely on ES regen seems like a bad idea while learning the fight. I realize the saboteur has good regen, but that might be tough to sustain itself with how mines work(throw and then trigger). Plus, no life potion.

Another problem: you aren't relying on that bismuth flask for resist capping...right?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's likely a lot of minor details you could tweak. Like you're playing LL ES but you pick up max life % passives?

The main thing I'm having trouble with is sustain. How do you *actively* recover ES? Relying solely on ES regen seems like a bad idea while learning the fight. I realize the saboteur has good regen, but that might be tough to sustain itself with how mines work(throw and then trigger). Plus, no life potion.

Another problem: you aren't relying on that bismuth flask for resist capping...right?

nah my max life passives should all be converted to es from 'energy from within' jewels, unless i screwed something up.
yes,not having a bursty way to recover es is definitely making the fight harder for me. but idont think the build allows for that,since i'm a miner, cant do any leeching. i could try to get belt with inc es recovery rate but notsure how much that'll help?

that bismuth flask i dont even use. not sure what else to put there i should probably put another quick silver or sapphire flask tho. but can kind add 'flask management'to the list of things i have a hard time with during this fight. at best i can spam my first 4 flasks at opportune moments.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You have zealots oath; why not use a sulphur flask?

Being able to dodge abilities and manage the goop on the ground is extremely important for you since being hit hinders your sustain. How fast can you blow up shaper/elder to get them to the next phase? Cause the faster than happens, the less stuff you have to dodge.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
hm i couldtry a sulphur flask, was running diamond but probably survivability was a bigger issue than dps for me.
i had someone kill it so its despawned for now, kinda lost my will to try him again for a bit but if i do get him back will try that. next league im going to run a very high regen/leech build with a high life pool to make things easier on me

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd say gear wise it seems fine to me. I do think traps would probably be better than mines, since you can throw them from anywhere on the screen versus mines limited range but that shouldn't be that bad, probably.

I think mostly you're probably having the issue of not being used to the fight yet. Some people learn it faster than others, it took me, 5 sets I think to kill him? Granted one was ruined by a prophecy proc but I still used it to learn. Some did it much faster with much squishier builds but it's just a matter of getting used to it. One big thing is to know when to do damage. You can't really do damage whenever you want unless you're really comfortable with the fight. But there's one great moment for damage, and that's when shaper is doing the beam. When that happens, the amount of shit you have to keep track of is halved. It's a good time to unload your DPS flask and some damage(do try to avoid elder's ice shit still, but generally they can be facetanked with purity of ice and enough life).

Mostly you want to keep track of shaper. He tends to teleport around and he's the annoying one. Elder mostly just stays in the middle and throws ice at you, if you're moving in circles around the room, he'll never hit you and you don't really have to pay attention to him(unless he does funky stuff but you'll notice his animations even without focusing your attention on him). But you need to keep an eye on shaper so you don't run face first in his balls, because even if you run in circles constantly without stopping, he will hit you at some point if he teleports into the corner you're going to. He will also smash you to death if you don't notice he's smashing fast enough(audio cues help).

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Nice to see that the Incursion mechanic is going into the core game starting in the December patch. I *hope* that the incursion is not every zone so that you don't feel compelled to do it all the time and I also hope they allow more than 12 incursions before your have to enter.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They'll probably go with a low chance to encounter Alva and then you'll always encounter her until the temple is found and completed.

There's also a theory that with the masters rework coming in 3.5, Niko, Alva, and Einhar will all become masters and their content will be accessed that way.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm pretty hyped for the masters rework, I hope they not only add those three but also expand on the other existing masters like they did with Zana. Also, new biomes for hideouts!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They'll probably go with a low chance to encounter Alva and then you'll always encounter her until the temple is found and completed.

There's also a theory that with the masters rework coming in 3.5, Niko, Alva, and Einhar will all become masters and their content will be accessed that way.
That'd be nice, especially if it means replacing the current garbo masters with better systems. Although I don't know if Beastiary is much better than Vorici "keep the target on low life" quests.

• 1Like

Caliane

I loved Incursion. I do have to admit, it and Delve seem to overlap a bit. Makes me hesitant to demand Incursion to be baseline. which is better?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was hoping incursion went in game right away. I'm probably going to pass on Delve, so would have been nice to do incursion on standard.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Was hoping incursion went in game right away. I'm probably going to pass on Delve, so would have been nice to do incursion on standard.

....what? I get that Incursion was nice as it was an optional all-level way to get some cool shit, but Delve is a new end-game. A reason to actually do something other than uber bosses and mapping. I believe that you can replay each 'part' of Delve as well, so there's probably options from lower levels to do Delve as well.

Honestly I think this is what PoE needed. A linear "how good is your build" type test. It kind of sucks for fun non min/max builds like flicker strike and such, but it's just like non optimized builds in D3. They weren't pushing GR's beyond GR70.

I'm really, really looking forward to Delve. Especially if the cart scoops up loot for you so you don't have to run your ass around clicking shit.