Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's wait and see. Sorry I just don't see the hype, to me it feels alot like Bestiary. There was some nice stuff in Bestiary but I just never got the whole thing from the start and didn't do any of it. This league speaks the same to me. Meh. I'm sure everyone else will love it, just not feeling it. The cart and darkness thing looks gimmicky to me. I'll wait and see how everyone else is doing. Of course by the end of the first day some people will be 90+ lol.

Just to be clear. I'm not saying it's going to be bad or even not fantastic, but so far just doesn't appeal to me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm not sold on having to map to fuel your cart and such. Also don't see it as a viable leveling alternative because of limited fuel. Overall, while I think fuel fits well for a temporary league mechanic that's not meant to replace the content, I feel if/when they introduce it to the main game, they should probably think about making it so you can buy fueld with azurite. Do well in Delves, keep playing Delves kind of thing. Hell having a way to make it an alternate leveling path would be great too. People have been asking to map from lvl 1 but I feel this would fit better since it's a separate system that already scales down to lvl 1(or whatever, start in mud flat or the coast or some shit so lvl 2).

Maybe a toggle on char creation like SSF, unlocked only after one of your char on the account has cleared say Shaper or whatever(to not confuse new players). If you start the char as a "Delver", you can't do any of the story quests, you have unlimited fuel until lvl 68 or whatever level the story stops at, you get rewarded books at certain tiers, for certain rooms or for buying them with azurite so you don't miss out on these. Gem rewards for specific delve clears.

Would need some work to implement well, but I think it'd be a great way to give people who just want to kill shit rather than look for the next exit a change.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Delve has major potential, but realistically I think it'll be a bit of a let down. Probably positive overall, but I definitely think some of the mechanics are going to be poorly thought out in the long run.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's the poison rain of arrows shit too they showed already that makes pods like this too. This looks meh. It kinda looks like a worse charging dash though, which is already not great. Charging dash at least lets you move after charging, so you don't lose much time even if you have to stop. Incinerate new charging mechanic also saves you time by being ignite based so you can proliferate it in a further aoe while you keep running, but this seems very much like stop for a while to kill things that you could kill in one shot with another skill anyway. Like you can shoot tornado in .1s instead, and clear the whole screen for the same result. The aoe doesn't even seem that good, they say you need proj speed to make it better which is code for it's ass and you'll have to use some annoying rares to fix it.

I guess if the pods stack on top of each other if you fire at a wall, there's a possibility it's a broken boss killing skill as long as you can get them near a wall though.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess if the pods stack on top of each other if you fire at a wall, there's a possibility it's a broken boss killing skill as long as you can get them near a wall though.
They clearly shotgun, tornado shot style. there would be no point of the skill if they didnt. I dont think wall stacking will be required to get max or heavy overlap. just faster proj.

I wonder if that delay will make any silly cast on crit builds. you can fire this. Blink arrow. And be in an entirely different location, when it actually hits to cast on crit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They clearly shotgun, tornado shot style. there would be no point of the skill if they didnt. I dont think wall stacking will be required to get max or heavy overlap. just faster proj.

I wonder if that delay will make any silly cast on crit builds. you can fire this. Blink arrow. And be in an entirely different location, when it actually hits to cast on crit.
Wouldn't faster proj spread the pods further though? Not sure if they drop at a set distance or at a time interval(so the shot going faster would mean it goes more distance before pods drop, leading to a very long line of pods so even the faster proj on explosions won't overlap that much).

Anyway definitely bleh. But dom blow rework is good enough to have me excited about the league regardless of what trash skill they add, so whatever.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wouldn't faster proj spread the pods further though? Not sure if they drop at a set distance or at a time interval(so the shot going faster would mean it goes more distance before pods drop, leading to a very long line of pods so even the faster proj on explosions won't overlap that much).

Anyway definitely bleh. But dom blow rework is good enough to have me excited about the league regardless of what trash skill they add, so whatever.
Interesting question. looking at the vid. Every shot, had all "up to 5" spores immediately from person, and nearly equal distance, as the main projectile fired off into the distance.
Possibly the same character/build, but it did look to me, proj speed did not effect the distance the spores are placed at.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Ive been considering playing a summoner in Delve (either spectres or skeletons), but I wonder how well they will scale in deeper delves. Ultimately, I guess it doesnt matter all that much considering I could switch to something better once the meta shakes out; I guess I just want summoners to be great.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Maybe melee skellys?

7a76be9.png

Borzak

Never played a minion build. Nothing more than one golem. Are they a pain in the ass as they appear or once buffed and skilled they last longer and such?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Specters summoned from a deep delve could be interesting. I did specters as a league start in Beast and they did okay up to guardians. But their mechanics are a pain to get them to avoid damage for shaper/elder.

Currently, I'm leaning towards GC totems to start next league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think it was mentioned in the FAQ that deeper delves won't be scaled by level, just damage and health(and whatever else, just not monster level). So spectres won't receive a boost that way.

Borzak

If I do another build I'd like to find a build (not likely) that just requires one button for the attck, and other buttons for whatever else. The holding down the button to finish the attack gets old after a while. Blade Flurry and in a way blade vortex. I'd like to move, hit the attack, move, repeat.