Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going Frost Blades for my league starter as I've already mentioned. Did pretty well in flashback grafting in the mf template too.

Honestly, if you haven't tried a Poet's Pen build yet, you really should. How can you deny the fun of a build that makes Lightning Warp *playable*?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I did frost blades starting build last league.

I'm kind of in the posistion of having to do a low cost build. This league was out of the ordinary for me by a bunch, all pure luck on bisco's in first temple, windripper the next day, frostferno same day, 3.5 ex ventor's gamble. None of which was from antyhing I did. I'm guessing next league will be low currency again heh. But I did notice once you get over the hump of having X amount of EX it makes making the next EX a lot easier/faster.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I think it was mentioned in the FAQ that deeper delves won't be scaled by level, just damage and health(and whatever else, just not monster level). So spectres won't receive a boost that way.

I hadn't seen that but not surprising. There may be some shenanigans with the new mob types unless they learned from Beastiary.

Borzak

When does incursion end? PoE website only list when the new one starts in 11 days.

Edit found it, the 27th on the wiki shich sounds odd to end on a Sunday. Nevermind I guess it's a Monday.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Never played a minion build. Nothing more than one golem. Are they a pain in the ass as they appear or once buffed and skilled they last longer and such?
Depends on what you mean by pain in the ass, they work differently than other builds. You do have to maintain offering by using desecrate > offering or just offering if you killed stuff, but generally it's the only thing you cast if playing a passive minion build(golem/spectre), you just cast offering on every pack you kill and move on. Works fine with one or even no duration node if you're moving consistently. For builds that require casting like skele and SRS, it does add one more cast per pack, which means it's generally slower than one cast kill builds and such, but otherwise isn't really an issue.

If you mean resummoning stuff, I only had to resummon zombies every now and then in T14+ maps, like one or two would die soaking up some projectiles and shit, but most of the maps I didn't have to resummon anything. Zombies tend to be the only ones that die and even then as you get higher they die less and less, spectres have too much hp and tend to stay behind if you use the caster types, skeletons obviously don't matter, golems are more or less immortal once you stack enough jewels, animate guardian has like 100k hp. Only time I had summons die regularily was uber elder, they killed a bunch of my spectres and I had to switch my AG to a golem cause it kept dying too. They kinda stand in front of Shaper spamming orbs though so that doesn't help. An elem golemancer would have cold immunity on minions though so these don't die regardless.

Caliane

Im planning on blade vortex. What KIND of blade vortex is up for grabs.
Tri-herald elementalist? dual/tri-curse occultist? Scion mix of one of those? pathfinder poison? Thought totem blade vortex at first, but have pretty much abandoned that idea.
(SSF so, any item specific build is not likely.. impulsa etc.)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Im planning on blade vortex. What KIND of blade vortex is up for grabs.
Tri-herald elementalist? dual/tri-curse occultist? Scion mix of one of those? pathfinder poison? Thought totem blade vortex at first, but have pretty much abandoned that idea.
(SSF so, any item specific build is not likely.. impulsa etc.)

Occultist and Trickster ones are pretty dope

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll do like every league and come up with a build that I think looks good based on the patch notes, and then ditch it for something else almost immediately.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I wish they gave more than 3 days after the patch notes before the league starts. For idiots like me I would have more time to possibly work on my own build. As it is a lot of the builds early on are made by semi pro's who work on the build 8+ hours a day for the 3 days.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Patch likely isn't ready until then. 3 month release schedule is just nuts for any software company, I'm quite surprised and pleased how well they are keeping up with this.

That said, you go with a build you suspect will be safe from the patch notes. Never league start with something potentially volatile.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Minimap icons coming;

ItemFilterIcons.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Minimap icons coming;
Since I was pretty confused about it I checked the reddit news about it, it's minimap icons for item filter stuff. Like D3, this lets you notice if some shit dropped offscreen and you hear the BONG sound but then can't fucking find the goddamn item which happens way too often. Also helps people with disabilities.

Also new visuals for some old skills:

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I cant find an occultist bv build on the forums. The trickster bv build with vile toxins from the forums seems interesting.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so far ive always started leagues with the build that i plan on playing for endgame as well. however my next spec is entierly dependent on an uber elder unique, so is completely non viable as a league starter . what is just a mindless 1-70 league starter build that makes getting to maps painless and fast, and for basically no currency (other than i guess a brightbeak)? i dont care if its completely unviable for yellow/red tier maps as i will be respeccing regardless 70+

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Casters are usually pretty good since a lot of their power scales from gem levels. I did traps in the flashback league and it was very very easy and safe to whole way through. I'm debating on starting with traps myself; it is that easy and very strong, but the playstyle isn't really my thing. I like to hit things.