Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Right that's why I said I'd consider CA, although for single target I'm not sure, unless you disregard CA damage almost entirely and go Quill Rain for more pewpew. But Viper strike just sounds like a poor choice other than trying to make VS work. And I mean, it'll work a lot better than it used to for sure with the crawler carrying your ass around, and single target VS isn't bad at all, it just doesn't look very efficient though.

Anyway it's 30mins to launch and I still don't know what I'm playing. Sadly there's no detailed info on what is a crusader slam for guardian shit. I think I might just go necro and reroll later if I feel like it. HoP and Dom Blow minions seem to have movement skills rolled in, based on the datamined stuff. HoP you could see in the video from ZiggyD, they have shield charge, but apparently dom blow have something like a teleport. I'll wait until I see it though might just be remnant of skills that aren't used. Also helm enchants for dom blow include +2 magic sentinels or +1 rare sentinel.

I think that's the goal of the OP, VS is single target and agony is clear (supported by vs of course).

i'm still gonna try it out, I did BV last league so I wanna try something new and if I regret it's a fairly easy respec into another pathfinder build, or i'll just reroll into chieften bv.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't worry too much about what you start with. I'm confident that any build can get you to at least yellow tier maps pretty smoothly. At this point you'll figure out how to fine tune your guy, or hate him enough to reroll but at least you'll have some currency and starter gear for another build.

20 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the pastebin for my updated Voidforge Wildstrike Inquisitor. If you're bored take a look and see if there's any more way to squeeze out some HP or DPS!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right that's why I said I'd consider CA, although for single target I'm not sure, unless you disregard CA damage almost entirely and go Quill Rain for more pewpew. But Viper strike just sounds like a poor choice other than trying to make VS work. And I mean, it'll work a lot better than it used to for sure with the crawler carrying your ass around, and single target VS isn't bad at all, it just doesn't look very efficient though.

Anyway it's 30mins to launch and I still don't know what I'm playing. Sadly there's no detailed info on what is a crusader slam for guardian shit. I think I might just go necro and reroll later if I feel like it. HoP and Dom Blow minions seem to have movement skills rolled in, based on the datamined stuff. HoP you could see in the video from ZiggyD, they have shield charge, but apparently dom blow have something like a teleport. I'll wait until I see it though might just be remnant of skills that aren't used. Also helm enchants for dom blow include +2 magic sentinels or +1 rare sentinel.

I think you're forgetting that CA can effectively shotgun, its single target will be quite good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol mathil has all lights in his house off and is using his miner helmet light to get around making his coffee

• 1Worf

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
And there's the 10,000 viewers. Gaddamn. All that nerd money too, subs been non-stop. The life of a twitch streamer!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think you're forgetting that CA can effectively shotgun, its single target will be quite good.
Yeah I know, I just don't know how many aoes you can get to overlap on one spot, since stuff will still spread as it goes further and if you aim too close to your char the projectiles naturally spread further too.

Anyway we'll see, the values on the herald of agony look retarded, I wonder what their base stats are like. It seems like it'll just fucking shit all over stuff if you can keep even 20stacks or whatever if you drop it in a +lvl setup with like +1 skin ot he loyal corrupted with +1 and empower 4 in there. It's possible the base value are all garbage but I think they might have fucked up the balance of this shit somehow.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
mathil earns it, probably one of the best overall non-variety streamers on twitch

Definitely. Puts in a lot of work figuring out these builds for us plebs that are mostly non-meta(at least until the builds are public). And the cosplay is just icing on the cake. I've been a sub for a while. The only other person I've subbed to is Moonmoon. Just remembered, MaxMillion too!

16467!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I know, I just don't know how many aoes you can get to overlap on one spot, since stuff will still spread as it goes further and if you aim too close to your char the projectiles naturally spread further too.

Anyway we'll see, the values on the herald of agony look retarded, I wonder what their base stats are like. It seems like it'll just fucking shit all over stuff if you can keep even 20stacks or whatever if you drop it in a +lvl setup with like +1 skin ot he loyal corrupted with +1 and empower 4 in there. It's possible the base value are all garbage but I think they might have fucked up the balance of this shit somehow.

It will mean it needs to point blank the boss, but just about every other skill is going to need to be close too(for poison). The virulence and 50% chaos AoE has me still considering Pathfinder, but Trickster still seems like a better fit because of Weave the Arcane.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm not sure what to turn down and there some new options in graphics added but while playing my graphics card runs at 100% all the time now.

• 1Like

Caliane

Risk/reward on delves seems kindof shit.

First there are lots of counter-intuitive elements.

1. Flares are expensive early. but much less so later. dont waste your time, until maps. 5 per when azurite comes in 5per sucks. 5 per when you get 20+ per azurite. not so bad.
2. Flares drop AT YOUR FEET, in the direction your character is facing. So, to make use, you run into the dark, and drop them on the ground as you go, at a location. NOT throw them out in front of you.
3. dynamite deals a damage value. walls have a hp total. it can take multiple dynamite to blow a wall, depending on level..
4. most SIDE loot/chests VANISH after the crawler finishes a run. you HAVE to loot it while the crawler is going, and can't go back for it. This is working as intended.
5. Return to mine icon, in the same location as return to surface, to get back to previous devle, without resetting the zone. clicking on a waypoint will reset the zone.
6. Fractured walls are clearly labeled as such. the cave ins, veins, etc are not them.

So far for me, side loot has super not been worth risking death. like, not even remotely close.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dom blow / Smite / Purity combo has been pretty fun so far will be interested to see how hard you can scale it with empower gems and that new fated dom blow hammer, though definitely have had to run zombies alongside as some sort of static minion till I get the army running.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Friggin Labor Day weekend travel plans made way before the announcement, gonna miss next few days. Only managed to get to lvl 50ish; my main goal was to accumulate enuf chaos for might of the meek jewels but failed miserably.
Having said that, if anyone can buy up a meek jewel or even 3, I will pay u at 1.5x whatever u pay for them, on Monday, if u can get them now!

Unrelated - are destructible walls in delve really rare? Down to about depth lvl 30 I’ve yet to see one - do u have to go flare diving off to the sides deep to see one or can they be seen from the crawler main path?
I’ve had this quest from niko since my first delve and my ocd to finish it is driving me nuts

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Flares and dynamite functionality are complete shit, I almost never explore off the path unless it's something I can see on my screen.

With the amount of loot you get on a delve, they are basically incursions, that ain't the worst thing.

Anyone been trying toxic rain?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Did Delves for a few, then quickly decided to just go back to leveling. Maybe at higher levels the drops and or stuff you can craft become more attractive, as of right now don't see the payoff for the pita some of it is.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Delves have been very good to me, barely to level ten and already found 2 chaos and bunch of decent upgrades. Most of this was behind crumbling walls.