Path of Exile

Caliane

Another Delve tip.
Rule of two.
No node can have only 2 paths going in and out. So, when searching for hidden nodes. Any node with visibly 2, MUST be where the hidden path is. And, any dead end with only 1 path, can NOT be the location for the path, since it would result in 2 paths. (unless there are two hidden nodes, and the dead end could end up with 3 paths.)

How to find hidden paths in delve by looking only at the map. • r/pathofexile

Caliane

So I didn't watch any of the streams or look up info on delve before it started. Got a whole inventory of resonators, anyone got a tldr on what to do with them?\

So the fossils drop or are they bought?
wow. how do you have more resonators then fossils?

Fossils are drops. Sometimes rarely along a path. Most will be if you leave the cart and check out the darkness. pretty often behind fractured walls.
occasionally, they are also a NODE.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've got more resonators than fossils. That's 2 resonator drops and 1 fossil drop. Resonator drops award more than 1 too.

Caliane

are you guys not going off path ever?

i have 2 resonators, from someplace. item node?
And, easily 15-20 fossils. one node, rest were along paths/in darkness.
level 60. just entered sarn round2.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
wow. how do you have more resonators then fossils?

Fossils are drops. Sometimes rarely along a path. Most will be if you leave the cart and check out the darkness. pretty often behind fractured walls.
occasionally, they are also a NODE.

I've got 9 resonaters and no fossils.

I've done more backtracking so far in mines once the lights light up from the cart after it's over than the last 3 leagues combined.

Fight now just trying to figure out how to finish act 8 with no crashes.

Borzak

If you leave the cart path do you just drop flares? Because I'm not seeing much difference in flare/no flare. I guess I need to upgrade them more. The difference in the dark and off path I notice is really the health globe getting dark and then going down. Much difference in flare/no flare.

Caliane

flares do suck. short trips I 100% relay on run speed/quicksilvers, flask healing, and movement skills.
like, you can run out. look fast for the glowing sparkles of a chest/fossil column/fractured wall, then run back if theres nothing.

yes, darkness resist, +light radius is priority. flare aoe. ignore radius. extra flares from time to time upgrade.

you can also, go back to lower areas and run around the darkness much easier, if you really want fossils, etc. since they dont seem to scale much.

The flare mechanic is balls. They drop IN FRONT OF you, about 5-10 radius. the direction your character is facing, not moving or mouse curser. And, the drop far enough in FRONT of you, that they dont actually protect you, without moving to them... They are of course hard to see even alone, nevermind with character FX, and monsters standing on them.
Facing a wall, and throwing at the wall, is not a bad idea for this..

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Every currency node so far has been at least this good past level 30 or so.
allday.JPG

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Found a 6socket ringmail and decided to throw a couple fusings at it and see if I could get a lucky 5link to replace my 4link chest and 1st fusing gave me 6link. GG ez.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Found a 6socket ringmail and decided to throw a couple fusings at it and see if I could get a lucky 5link to replace my 4link chest and 1st fusing gave me 6link. GG ez.

Congratulations, you have just used up the next year of all your luck. You're gonna check every curb and sit next to wailing babies at every restaurant.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
delve is really fun and I love the items coming out, but the flare rework and dark diving rework cannot come soon enough, it's bumfuck retarded at the moment and i've vowed to not leave my cart until it's fixed. It's not really hard per se, but so much random retarded shit can go wrong and get you killed it's just not worth it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah i'm liking it a lot so far. Flares get on my nerves every now and then if they throw to a bad spot but it's not too bad. The mobs in the delve hurt. Not sure if overtuned (like all new content almost always is) or if it's partly due to the build i'm playing, maybe a bit of both.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So part 2 of The Plan is to make a PP-Inpulsa-MF Elementalist. That's going fine. I'm wondering if it's worth investing into 1-2 Inspired Learnings given the nature of delves. I've never used an item that steals buffs from rares, so anyone have feedback on this?

Part 3 of The Plan is to make a PP-Indigon Hierophant for boss killing and deep delving. What I can't mesh together 100% is that I'm going to run maps on my MF character and collect sulphite. The two characters are going to have shared azurite upgrades but different delves. I can't think of a delving strategy that's harmonious between the two.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I really hope they make flares act like torches. I watched that whole video and unless you REALLY want some ssf fossils and resonators, it seems like mapping and straight path delving is a better usage of your time.

Borzak

I don't know why flares can't work like totems. They go where your mouse pointer is.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Finished act 10 today, 2 repeat helms are too expensive for me at the moment sadly. Gotta start working on my gear tonight, mostly resists (59/11/52 or something). Only have 15c to my name until I can manage to sell the ammy I found yesterday for hopefully at least 40c.

Having fun with FNM but it's kinda brutal on my left hand after I play for a bit.

Borzak

Thanks for the help. Still suffering from random DC's and then bam instant deaths. Just running with flask running and 80 in fire and lightning and 90 in cold and boom instant death. Note sure if it's related.

Was moving some stuff around and dc'd again. Oddly enough the steam account added a patch and non steam didn't today. So I was download a patch on the steam account. Wasn't ignoring you. Will try again later.

Odd tho I've never died like that. Just running what I thought was a cleared zone and instantly you just wind up laying on your side with the pop up to spawn at checkpoint. I went back to act 6 to see and it did it there and that stuff should be a super cakewalk. Not sure if the patch did something or what. Two days ago I was going thru the same stuff only throwing 1 totem so it really shouldn't be that hard. But randomly with no mobs around boom load option.

Edit happened in my hideout so I'm going to scan and make sure PoE has the new patch.