Path of Exile

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Can't find none of ya around for the unloading of goods. Got a mess of stuff to try out but good lord did I get burnt out farming t14-15 only to do trivial mob delves.

I was really hoping to do a group thing pushing hard content this league and it never even got close to doing that. Pals jumped ship way before me.

The new acts were amazing but the game desperately needs an alternative to the campaign or something else if you've hit 95+ on an account - kind of like unlocking the Scion.

I remember the promise, I think(?), of how "act 10 is going to be a game changer in the ARPG world". Wtf happened to that?

We need hard trash and xp thru hard kills, I'm kind of done with the mash whirling blades and aoe everything stuff. Good for a while sure, but meaty/dangerous trash needs to be a thing again at some point. Double boss should always drop a map of same tier or higher, maybe? Something like that to spice up the killing of hard content.

Last edited:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Play Hardcore, I promise you'll run into challenging content way more often than you do on Softcore.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, last thing we need is to go back to the initial release of act 6-10 where you just got 1shot over and over and over and over and over and over by every random mob in act 10. Shit wasn't fun at all. I think you're looking for the Dark Souls genre.

Also like James said, hardcore is much different than softcore.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Play Hardcore, I promise you'll run into challenging content way more often than you do on Softcore.

Did lots of HC. Same complaint.

There's no meat to any of the trash even in t15 maps. I never feel like I'm pushing content after a certain very minimal chaos investment.

Maybe HC SSF is what I should do. Solo is bleh tho.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno how long ago you played HC, but all of my rips this league were in red maps to trash mobs, it gets pretty dicey at the higher end.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
95 in harbinger, 94 abyss, 90+ since except for Delve because my pals are sick of rerolling on HC.

I'll take a few leagues off, prob just burnt out but am disappointed with the lack of feeling like I'm pushing content at all this league.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like burn out which cooked a lot of people this league. Hitting 95 is something experienced players hit within 48 hours and is just the beginning of the grind for gear, currency, and XP.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I don't have 5 sleepless supports and don't play 24hr straight shifts anymore.

I'll be back in a few leagues.

I'd still be playing if doing the Delve felt anything remotely like pushing content.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey, if they're messing with ice stuff, maybe they could finally fix Ice Storm to work at more than single digit fps on a 1080Ti.

Nah, that's crazy talk, I know.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made a couple of decent-ish minion jewels, picked up that unique Abyss belt, and T15 Elder dropped really easily with Shaper alive. Sold the Watcher's Eye from it for 10 ex and bought a level 4 Empower. Hopefully I can spawn Uber Elder this weekend! The build is really quite good all things considered...my Shaper kill last night was super sloppy, but I've done him deathless a couple of times now, and I farm T16s in magic find gear NO PROBLEM. Highly recommend Dominating Blow for next league if it isn't nerfed.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cause it's really too good right now for the level of investment. I think they went overboard on minion related stuff in general and I expect to see a blanket minion nerf.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's your criteria for that? You had trouble keeping shaper alive on red elder while there are non-minion builds that do that with ease in the first few days of the league.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, it was my first attempt at red elder, and my belt slot was effectively useless in the fight. A ~30c upgrade let me finish with plenty of Shaper health to spare and would have been deathless had I realized wtf to do after the add phase -- pretty sure I could even get by on a 5 link now with more experience. It's just super easy and cheap to stack minion damage right now, not sure that lasts.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you really want to see a minion build, roll up something that uses a L27 Herald of Agony. It scales so much on its own that your gear for every slot besides weapon/helmet can be defense. All you need is some way to peg virulence stacks at 40 and it will slaughter anything with ease.