Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Even better, combine that with self ignites, eye of innocence, tons of spammy CWDT spells, and reverse knockback. I'm still leveling a character to try this out but it looks quite fun.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Herald of Purity and Dominating Blow minions are similar, it's extremely obvious going up even one gem level. Wouldn't be surprised to find out 27-28 gem levels double the damage/life of my minions. Dominating Blow comes built in with a mini-headhunter (and an enchant for even more absurdity) which makes mapping/delving just super easy.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Path of Building has my Dominating Blow and Sentinels of Purity at about 50k each with default attacks, so roughly 650k mostly physical damage with 9 normal Sentinels and 4 Herald of Purity Sentinels without factoring in Shield Charge and Crusader Slam. Level 4 Empower is ever so slightly less damage than Minion Damage for Herald of Purity, but ~10k more life.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk , who doubted just how much damage a MS Jugg can output.

https://moldydwarf.gitlab.io/MoltenStrikeDPS/index.html

It's a fun tool to play around with, especially if you're one of those people, like me, that spends a significant chunk of your PoE time playing PoB instead.

I really can't recommend MS Jugg enough. Specifically the variant that uses grelwood shank and a shield. The build hits the sweet spot for high dps, high mobility, high sustain, and high defense. Other builds, like Nebujugg for example, will have better defenses but will suffer mobility and sustain.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So I am still getting the hang of PoE character building. I am an MS Jugg and I feel like it is going well but I'd like someone to tell me what i'm missing on my gear besides the obvious 6th link in my armor.

View Profile - Path of Exile - OUAriakas
The only thing that really stands out is that you seem extremely paranoid of dieing. I don't think even James runs with 4 life flasks. Dying Sun, Rumi's Concoction, and a Basalt Flask will all be great additions.

You have some minor improvements like:
  • 4 empty gem slots.
    • On your boots, that likely means pick up a Bubonic Trails. I have 6% 2-slot rotting in my stash if you want it.
    • On your shield, that depends on your build. I like a shaper shield that reduces mana reservation on socketed gems. That means you can stick Anger, HoA, and HoP in the shield slot. It is a bit of a trade off as you'll get less life and armor compared to Lioneye's Remorse. But if you pick up a shield with great implicits like all res, it makes gearing other slots much easier.
  • I like fortity on melee hit corruption for weapons because it means you can drop the fortify link on your movement skill. I also have one of these sitting in my stash if you want it.
  • Your rings could use some more life, especially the right one.
  • Your abyssal jewels could be better. Get a searching eye that's just utility. +life, onslaught on kill, and blind on hit(really important!).
  • You don't pick up *any* of the endurance charge passives. I would strongly reconsider this, especially as a juggernaut.
  • MS helm enchant. Got TWO of those if you want one.
  • Qual your gems. Either use the vendor recipe and relevel them, which isn't recommended unless you're going to putting many more hours into the character. Or just go buy them with high qual and levels. Have fun getting people to respond. Once you get them to 20/20, vaal the ones that count.
  • Ice Golem is pretty useless on a non-crit jugg. Especially one that isn't attached to CWDT, he's just going to be dead when it matters most. I'd suggest dropping it and getting 1 or 2 CWDT setups. Immortal Call(get your resists up so that when it eats your endurance charges, your resists don't drop precipitously or at all), Molten Shell, Tempest Shield, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains(outstanding in delves while you're standing around in darkness waiting for walls to explode or picking up fossils) and Blood Rage are all good CWDT candidates. Lightning Golem or Flame Golem if you want to squeeze out a bit more dps, but I think they are overrated these days. Also, if you don't need to, don't stick Blood Rage or Molten Shell in a CWDT setup. They are instant cast and you can easily get yourself used to just refreshing them every few seconds.
  • Link Combustion to Ancestral Protector.
  • I haven't felt I have needed more than 2 mana on hit for my build, which is very similar to yours. Viridian jewels, or just non-abyss jewels in generally, aren't great for this build unless you can get ones with a ton of attack speed and life on them.
  • You can likely squeeze a few passives out of better pathing on your tree.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Youre also missing a ton of damage from not having elemental damage with attacks on rings. You can even get rings with +40% elemental damage to attacks and fire damage if you want to go bigger. Same thing with the belt, you can get a 50% elemental damage and 30% fire damage belt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
For zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk , who doubted just how much damage a MS Jugg can output.

https://moldydwarf.gitlab.io/MoltenStrikeDPS/index.html

It's a fun tool to play around with, especially if you're one of those people, like me, that spends a significant chunk of your PoE time playing PoB instead.

I really can't recommend MS Jugg enough. Specifically the variant that uses grelwood shank and a shield. The build hits the sweet spot for high dps, high mobility, high sustain, and high defense. Other builds, like Nebujugg for example, will have better defenses but will suffer mobility and sustain.

I do doubt the damage. 7m dps should be phasing shaper in 1-2 seconds not the 10ish it seems to take in all the youtubes I can find of the undeniable jugg doing shaper runs (not counting the time where he can't be damaged).

Not saying it's a bad build just that it's expensive as fuck and the shaper dps is unrealistic.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I do doubt the damage. 7m dps should be phasing shaper in 1-2 seconds not the 10ish it seems to take in all the youtubes I can find of the undeniable jugg doing shaper runs (not counting the time where he can't be damaged).
Results very often do not meet expectations. For comparison's sake, for my own builds at least, I usually compare them with flasks on and one "setup" skill. A setup skill being orb of storms, ancestral totem, frost bomb, etc. Now, of course that means you have charges for flasks, you take the time to cast that setup skill, the boss sticks around and allows you to sustain dps for the duration of your flasks. It is very hard to normalize those contingencies, so most people will make "reasonable" assumptions when making those type of yardstick measurements.

Generally, I don't bust out setup skills and flasks until I know I can go to town on the boss. On Uber Elder, that means shaper is doing his beam attack and/or elder is doing his semi-circle suck, depending on who's immune. When those do happen, I can get them down 25% in one sustained session.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Uberdan has some new nutty 6 hp immune to damage build that he was using in 1500 delves. I don't know the exact mechanics of it but it seems to involve having permanent gluttony of elements uptime with soulripper/pathfinder ascendancy.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Not saying it's a bad build just that it's expensive as fuck and the shaper dps is unrealistic.

I have an MS Inquisitor that does something like 200k dmg per ball. I don't recall as it's been a month or so but I think I had like 13ish balls per attack and attacked around 13 times per second? Either way it was insane damage. Inquisitors are far more squishy than Juggs though and he got gibbed a bit in deeper delves. Only 5k hp so it was rough getting hit with big hits.
PASTE BIN:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have an MS Inquisitor that does something like 200k dmg per ball. I don't recall as it's been a month or so but I think I had like 13ish balls per attack and attacked around 13 times per second? Either way it was insane damage. Inquisitors are far more squishy than Juggs though and he got gibbed a bit in deeper delves. Only 5k hp so it was rough getting hit with big hits.
PASTE BIN:

You're quoting PoB misrepresentation of a single ball's dps. Your damage per ball is actually ~28k.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think Dominating Blow can be beefed up enough to get Uber Elder. I think Herald of Purity supported by Dominating Blow can, but I need to theorycraft more. Dropped 4 sets learning the fight, and made it to the last phase a couple of times, but the Dom Blow minions get wrecked constantly while my Sentinels of Purity are pretty beefy. One annoying thing is that I watched my Purity dudes run away from the vulnerable Elder to go attack the invulnerable Shaper. With a beefier Purity I think I'd have a better time on adds as well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Uberdan has some new nutty 6 hp immune to damage build that he was using in 1500 delves. I don't know the exact mechanics of it but it seems to involve having permanent gluttony of elements uptime with soulripper/pathfinder ascendancy.

Gluttony of Elements + Viel of the Night + convert at least 51% of your phys damage to elemental. Viel of the Night is not required to make this work, but it's the easiest on gear slots. Nor is this a new idea, Empyrian's group used it to get to 3000, and they were likely not the first either. I think Karv had the idea when the belt released years ago, just no one had a need for it.

A single player build utilizing it 100% of the time, that might be new.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok I guess the best way I can describe why I feel the way I do about MS dps is: Watch mathils newest vid on glacial hammer champion. He phases shaper in like 1 second at one point in the video (around 5 mins I forget exactly). Every MS video I watch of shaper fight doesn't phase him anywhere close to as fast as he does and his PoB only shows like 3m shaper dps with his buffs up or something. If someone was getting 7m or 10m or whatever dps on shaper it wouldn't take 5+ seconds to phase him like it does in most of the vids.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Find us these clips and their pobs. Note, I would not use mathil as a fair comparison to the average player. He did Uber elder with spectral shield throw.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm just using it for straight damage and burn times. Hang on i'll pull the vid of and timestamp it. At 4:44 he starts hitting shaper, by 4:46 shaper takes no more damage because he's already phased.

Edit: Deathwing Deathwing you play on a big monitor/high resolution, ya? I just got my new setup going and decided to hop in. It looks awesome but seems hugely zoomed in, is there some way I can change that?

Last edited: