Path of Exile

Chris

Potato del Grande
Forum - Announcements - Announcing three Upcoming Announcements - Path of Exile
Anouncements of announcements. League will be 1 week late because it's "larger than the Bestiary, Incursion or Delve releases." I don't know how they're churning bigger and bigger expansions every time. Like bigger than Delve seems like quite a lot of stuff.

They absolutly need to integrate Incursion and Delve into the core game, these two features are where they finally surpassed Diablo 2 - procedurally generated dungeons where you have influence over the layout. I've not seen this in rougelikes before so they are moving the entire genre forward if they continue down this road.

The next expansion is Forsaken Masters 2.0 right? I wonder if each master will have their own Incursion/Delve type dungeon?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They absolutly need to integrate Incursion and Delve into the core game, these two features are where they finally surpassed Diablo 2 - procedurally generated dungeons where you have influence over the layout. I've not seen this in rougelikes before so they are moving the entire genre forward if they continue down this road.

The next expansion is Forsaken Masters 2.0 right? I wonder if each master will have their own Incursion/Delve type dungeon?
Well I don't know if the expansion will be forsaken masters 2.0, I know they said they're remaking forsaken masters, but that could be one of the non league related announcement, and the league itself has nothing to do with masters. But it's possible the league is centered around the new masters/new master systems too. We'll see.

They're redoing the cold skills too not sure if the 2nd post was linked, first was ice spear barrage, 2nd was ice nova and vortex changes. Looked alright although I'm not a fan of these to begin with. Wonder if they'll remake Arctic Breath too, this spell has been garbage basically since it was introduced(which was a fucking long time ago, maybe during beta?), only use was on codt to proc some chilled grounds and even that wasn't super useful.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Incursion is going core, that was announced months ago.

PoE surpassed Diablo 2 a long time ago.

PoE is not a roguelike.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They'll prolly add both at a percent base so you either randomly get an incursion or sulfite, will help change it up so you're alternating between delving, mapping, and temple

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno, tough call for me, both are really phenomenal.

I just tried to argue in my mind how good Incursion was then I remembered I loved Delve just as much.

Chris Chris we'll see a lot more information coming in the next 2 weeks, they are going to be doing press releases etc and they'll lift the media embargo in 3 weeks ish.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How is it different to a roguelike?
Roguelikes are meant to be randomized insular playthroughs. Even on hardcore ssf, you can save gear for your next characters. You can certainly bend PoE towards a roguelike, but it's certainly not intended that way.

I'm honestly against Delve going core. Was it a fun change of pace? Sure. It was also a sloppy failed grab at "player retention". I mean, I guess it worked, I stuck around 1 week longer to get my 37 achievements, but I chalk that up to the shitty challenges and boss implementation.

Delve going core would feel like they are reinforcing this misguided concept of player retention. I'd rather they get players to stick around because the game is great rather than implementing mechanics that purposefully make them play longer.

Who here buys MTX because they get X hours out of each league? If so, if you got 1.5 * X, would you buy 50% more MTX? I know I buy MTX because the game is fun and the MTX(that I want) look cool. The estimated play time I get out of each league is never directly considered.

Caveat: a fully functioning economy 2 months into the league is a criteria for a great game. So I'll admit that player retention might have an impact on some players' perception of how good the league is. I still feel like GGG can get better bang for their buck elsewhere.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Even in HCSSF, which would be the "most roguelike" mode, you still keep all your stash when you die.
The newer rouglikes tend to give you some sort of bonus after you die based on previous playthroughs.

I just use it as a term for procedurally generated ARPGs, not permanent and frequent death.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Adding Incursion to core will be fine, but it didn't grab me like Delve. For some reason, it felt like a chore to me to run them so I stopped, but I'm all for adding rather than subtracting content.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think for the same level of time/effort investment, it was easier to be rewarded in Delve than Incursion, but the content itself is fantastic.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
AnnouncingAnnouncementsHeader.jpg

A couple of weeks ago we posted an update about what we're working on. Since then, we have managed to lock down a final announcement date and launch date for the upcoming 3.5.0 expansion. These are a week or so later than they'd normally be, so we feel it is important to let you know the dates now so you can plan around them.

In New Zealand time:
  • November 5th: Announce Experimental New Feature (Not Royale)
  • November 6th: Another (non-3.5.0) Announcement
  • November 14th: 3.5.0 Expansion Announcement
  • December 4th: Delve League Ends
  • December 8th: 3.5.0 Expansion Launch (this is December 7th in US/EU)
You'll note that this timeline means that we'll have an extra week to complete challenges in the Delve League. The announcement date is also a week or so out from when we originally anticipated. This is because the scope of the expansion is pretty significant, larger than the Bestiary, Incursion or Delve releases.

In the coming weeks, we'll be posting a lot of new information that pertains to both the expansion and other elements of Path of Exile. As always, we can't wait to share what we've been working on!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I joined a mapping/delving group for a little bit over the weekend as I was able to throw in a few maps and currency to join it - holy shit, I swear my pc was on it's knees crying after an hour or 2 of that. They need to make it so you can turn off other peoples spell effects. I felt like my brain was fried afterwards it was so hectic.

Delving is really fun, I just do the maps to do Delves now when i'm playing. Hope they make it part of the core game - it's a great xp alternative when you get bored of mapping non stop. I really don't know how you manage to motivate yourself to do 1000 plus shaped T16s to get to 100.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any recommendations for newish builds that people really liked this league? I tried out a reverse knockback CWDT jugg that uses the crawler to kill, but I didn't like how inconsistent it was between packs. Just looking for new stuff to try. MS jugg, inpulsa PP elementalist, and indigon PP hierophant are my current stable of builds that I like and can do most if not all content.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I joined a mapping/delving group for a little bit over the weekend as I was able to throw in a few maps and currency to join it - holy shit, I swear my pc was on it's knees crying after an hour or 2 of that. They need to make it so you can turn off other peoples spell effects. I felt like my brain was fried afterwards it was so hectic.

Delving is really fun, I just do the maps to do Delves now when i'm playing. Hope they make it part of the core game - it's a great xp alternative when you get bored of mapping non stop. I really don't know how you manage to motivate yourself to do 1000 plus shaped T16s to get to 100.

Guild and friends is 97% of the reason to grind to 100 or whatever you do, its fun to play with people you enjoy being around.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Goddammit what do you guys think is the "experimental feature"? There is a ton of traction on the idea of Group Self Found bullshit and if that is it I would be so disappointed in GGG.

I've gone on record stating that I would quit the moment GGG focused resources on group only assets of the game - are they calling me on my bluff?

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if that is the experimental feature they're talking about, it should pale in comparison with the amount of content being delivered. 'Focused' resources on group only assets? Sure, but probably not even a significant minority of them.