Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Might have just moved PP to the super rare table, not sure though.

this would make sense

also, mjolner is back boys, god I may have to think about that over PP, won't have as good of top end but i've longed for the days of mjolner again

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Zerphi's Last Breath now grants a buff when you use a skill during the flask's effect. This buff recovers 450-600% of the skill's mana cost as life per second. This buff (and the healing) is removed when you are hit. This affects all versions of the item.
Blood of Corruption's Gluttony of Elements skill now prevents those affected by the aura from gaining Vaal souls. This affects all versions of the item.

Welp, those problems are over and done with!

there's your points pen nerf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Molten Strike got buffed in terms of the actual skill (30% less proj damage at lvl20 instead of 40% less proj damage), but the wildfire nerf (1 only) and helm enchant (1/2 instead of 2/3 extra proj) reduce the number of balls. So, it's a nerf but not as bad as it could've been. People are still going to use the fuck out of it. And no, no one used stat sticks for Molten Strike as it wasn't main hand only.

Some of the unique changes look pretty good. Carcass Jack is back! Gruthkul's Pelt also looks VERY nice with these new 2hander impale builds that will be coming out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
RIP Molten Strike
Current Molten Strike is 147%. So you get 1 melee at 147% and then X projectiles at 147% * 0.6.

New Molten Strike is 161%(9.5% buff). 1 wildfire jewel(2 less projectiles) and helm enchants nerfe(1 less projectile). So you get 1 melee at 161% and then X - 3 projectiles at 161% * 0.7.

At 2 wildfires, 1 helm enchant, 1 dying sun, and let's say a Grelwood Shank, X = 14. Projectiles, generally hit 50% of Shaper-sized targets. The melee hit generally comes out to the same damage as the projectiles.

Old Molten Strike = 147% + 147% * 0.6 * 0.5 * 14 = 764.4%
New Molten Strike = 161% + 161% * 0.7 * 0.5 * 11 = 780.85%

Of course these numbers will vary for different builds. The only part that was nerfed for sure was the LoH.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I may go mjolnir static strike if mathil or some big stream doesn't drop it as a starter build

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Current Molten Strike is 147%. So you get 1 melee at 147% and then X projectiles at 147% * 0.6.

New Molten Strike is 161%(9.5% buff). 1 wildfire jewel(2 less projectiles) and helm enchants nerfe(1 less projectile). So you get 1 melee at 161% and then X - 3 projectiles at 161% * 0.7.

At 2 wildfires, 1 helm enchant, 1 dying sun, and let's say a Grelwood Shank, X = 14. Projectiles, generally hit 50% of Shaper-sized targets. The melee hit generally comes out to the same damage as the projectiles.

Old Molten Strike = 147% + 147% * 0.6 * 0.5 * 14 = 764.4%
New Molten Strike = 161% + 161% * 0.7 * 0.5 * 11 = 780.85%

Of course these numbers will vary for different builds. The only part that was nerfed for sure was the LoH.

Wildfire is limited to 1 jewel now.

Also rip Quill Rain TR starter build heh.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Real shame you can't do Mjolner + CoC. Well, I mean, you can...but you shouldn't. Probably the reason why Cospri's didn't get the same treatment.

I want to do something with Mjolner as well, but can't think of a good main skill setup. Seems like a waste if you're not triggering while you're triggering.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Oh sorry, misread your post.

• Completing a map as part of a Zana mission now counts towards your Atlas' Map Completion and any associated challenges or achievements.

^Pretty nice change too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Real shame you can't do Mjolner + CoC. Well, I mean, you can...but you shouldn't. Probably the reason why Cospri's didn't get the same treatment.

I want to do something with Mjolner as well, but can't think of a good main skill setup. Seems like a waste if you're not triggering while you're triggering.

static strike beams count as melee attack