Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Going with Arc totems I guess, the +1 to totems on shields will make up for the change to Heirophant.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
just starting to look into it, dude did this last leage:

Forum - Templar - [3.4]Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions) - Path of Exile

minion damage nodes to increase damage ect
Hmmm, will have to check how much damage a 6L static strike beam does. Then again, that's the "refresh this short buff every little bit" game play that I hate about BV.

I was really hoping for some triggering bonanza. CoC is out and all the CwC trigger options seem blah.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm, will have to check how much damage a 6L static strike beam does. Then again, that's the "refresh this short buff every little bit" game play that I hate about BV.

I was really hoping for some triggering bonanza. CoC is out and all the CwC trigger options seem blah.

occultist pp lightning warp plus updates cold skills (swap pp's into double cold skills for bosses) might be a thing now?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
occultist pp lightning warp plus updates cold skills (swap pp's into double cold skills for bosses) might be a thing now?
Was and is a thing. I specifically test ran a quad-curse occultist to level 80 last week to test it out. I'll always take arc if I can, I just love that skill's flexible clearing potential. Only downside is when you run into a big fattie that takes a few extra casts of arc to kill and you're teleporting around him like a fucking idiot. Feelsbadman.

I know I used "feelbadman" there, but I mean it. To me, the biggest draw back to the PP builds(that I like) are when you run into a road block and actually have to stop for a few seconds. The build doesn't have a graceful "stand and deliver" mode since you can't weapon swap during actions.

I do plan on testing out some cold skills, whether in PP or Cospri's Malice, depending on how expensive either is.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Was and is a thing. I specifically test ran a quad-curse occultist to level 80 last week to test it out. I'll always take arc if I can, I just love that skill's flexible clearing potential. Only downside is when you run into a big fattie that takes a few extra casts of arc to kill and you're teleporting around him like a fucking idiot. Feelsbadman.

I know I used "feelbadman" there, but I mean it. To me, the biggest draw back to the PP builds(that I like) are when you run into a road block and actually have to stop for a few seconds. The build doesn't have a graceful "stand and deliver" mode since you can't weapon swap during actions.

I do plan on testing out some cold skills, whether in PP or Cospri's Malice, depending on how expensive either is.

ya I did arc/lightning warp with swap into the arc/orbs for bosses last league, looked like some of the updated cold skills had some insane clear speed so dropping arc may be fine

Caliane

I may go mjolnir static strike if mathil or some big stream doesn't drop it as a starter build
yeah. as I was talking about earlier.
mjolnir+static strike should be easy and powerful.

Adding in CoC however is not great. you give up too much defenses, etc to try and work it in. as well of course 2 support links.
So, go SS+mjollnir, and something that isnt made of a wet paper tissue in melee like deadeye...

Caliane

even BV is what 12s? Static strike beams are only 4. its very short. Its not really an autobomber, or hit next pack skill. its more of a, "hit stragglers" skill.
The area to strike is also very small.

Impale skills as a psuedo-barrage with "melee" might be a cast on crit thing.
Ice spear again. it gets crit multi, now will chain in short range, ALSO barrages. might make a great deadeye coc.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah its pretty huge nerf to toxic rain(and explosive arrow being collateral damage). You could still maybe make it work with a +3 bow but yeah, as a starter it's kind bad now.
Motherfuckers, I'd just started messing around with this build last night as a replacement/new starter and push into endgame.

So I guess it's back to Arc Totems again? Can Arc Totems actually move into endgame?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Motherfuckers, I'd just started messing around with this build last night as a replacement/new starter and push into endgame.

So I guess it's back to Arc Totems again? Can Arc Totems actually move into endgame?

mathil did everything with arc totems pre number of totems nerf

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
fyi:

cospri gets .15 also, cutedog jizzing pants

Yesssssssss. My super secret CoC build can continue.

Also, two other huge changes that we didn't mention yet:
1) Stat sticks nerfed by 50%, so there's the BV/GC nerf
2) No more max res on elemental flasks, indirect loreweave buff, but nerfs 100% immune pathfinder builds

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Arc totems will be fine I think, there is that new +1 to max totems veiled mod coming to shields. Hiero being able to drop 2 totems at once may be a clear speed boost as you can frontload faster.

Curious about Brands, might transition the totem character to them if they end up being good?

Toxic rain might still be ok depending on that new chaos damage over time multipliers being added, Quill Rain was just a very easy option that was only beaten by elder crafted bows.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
yeah. as I was talking about earlier.
mjolnir+static strike should be easy and powerful.

Adding in CoC however is not great. you give up too much defenses, etc to try and work it in. as well of course 2 support links.
So, go SS+mjollnir, and something that isnt made of a wet paper tissue in melee like deadeye...
I watched that guy's Chimera clear:

Nothing about that made me go "yes, this is a powerful build". The arcs seemed flacid at points. I think he made the mistake of trying to buff SS and Arc via minion damage and spread his build too thin. I'll admit I don't know how to fix it though. I haven't found a Mjolner build I like yet to due how slow the hammer is. You can't even use Whirling Blades with Mjolner anymore.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yesssssssss. My super secret CoC build can continue.

Also, two other huge changes that we didn't mention yet:
1) Stat sticks nerfed by 50%, so there's the BV/GC nerf
2) No more max res on elemental flasks, indirect loreweave buff, but nerfs 100% immune pathfinder builds
Pony up the secret sauce.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I watched that guy's Chimera clear:

Nothing about that made me go "yes, this is a powerful build". The arcs seemed flacid at points. I think he made the mistake of trying to buff SS and Arc via minion damage and spread his build too thin. I'll admit I don't know how to fix it though. I haven't found a Mjolner build I like yet to due how slow the hammer is. You can't even use Whirling Blades with Mjolner anymore.

it does look incredibly slow