Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
ok imma do occultist with a couple of the new/revamped cold skills, one of em must be decent

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Am I right in assuming a 2aps weapon would have a 1.1s whirling blade time, tho (would feel like total ass)? I guess they really dislike people using movement skills.
There's some math on reddit on the change, it seems to be a nerf across the board for most setups using WB, but the high end nerf(slow kris using attack speed roll as a rare purely for movement) is like 12%, so it's not that big of a change. It buffs the few unique slow weapons you could use it with too, and basically means if you want to use a rare weapon you don't need attackspeed roll on it anymore, even if it's a slow ass weapon. Leapslam is kinda the same, although for that it's a huge nerf if you were using Brightbeak as expected, making Brightbeak pretty shit overall now. Kinda like Quill Rain being nerfed into the ground.

MS nerfs probably won't be that much of an issue, but they'll definitely make the build less good. Still probably will be able to clear uber elder more or less on a budget though, just somewhat harder. Damage goes down a bit(10-15% or so probably? haven't done actual math), and life on hit goes down a lot but it was a good skill before anyway.

The stat stick nerf is good for the game eventually, but the fact they haven't bothered to buff shit to compensate seems like a lot of melee builds will be dead this league. All the reave/BF shit I think is pretty much dead now.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ok imma do occultist with a couple of the new/revamped cold skills, one of em must be decent

Think the goal is to use all of them. A 6L, Im going to assume Arctic Breath but rush for a Dying Sun so you can take multiple projectiles out of links, then vortex and cold snap in a Hypothermia shaper helm and Essence of Delirium gloves.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So the MS nerf is for people who stack +ele mostly. The damage of the balls/hit are fine and maybe even buff, but it was the # of balls hitting targets with +added ele for each one that put it over the top. With the nerf to double wildfire and helm enchants it's not MAJOR, but can probably reduce like 20-30% of some builds dps. I think it was like another 6 balls out of 14 total or so with helm and second wildfire. That's pretty big.

If Arc isn't nerfed, I'm thinking maybe some goofin with a lightning strike CoC arc build with a good staff. I'll figure it out when gems get released and PoB is updated.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Think the goal is to use all of them. A 6L, Im going to assume Arctic Breath but rush for a Dying Sun so you can take multiple projectiles out of links, then vortex and cold snap in a Hypothermia shaper helm and Essence of Delirium gloves.

maybe even some cwc with winter orb / arctic breath

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
There's some math on reddit on the change, it seems to be a nerf across the board for most setups using WB, but the high end nerf(slow kris using attack speed roll as a rare purely for movement) is like 12%, so it's not that big of a change. It buffs the few unique slow weapons you could use it with too, and basically means if you want to use a rare weapon you don't need attackspeed roll on it anymore, even if it's a slow ass weapon.

Right but for something like a melee build where you want a 1.8+ aps weapon (my claw in beastiary was like 1.95 or something, it had 2 phys mods, t1 cold dmg, crit chance/multi/aspd) you're gonna be retardedly slower whirling around... Reave/flurry is definitely dead between losing a huge chunk of damage and losing a ton of mobility. Unless it still ends up scaling through aspd nodes/gem links cuts into that +0.6s, in which case it might not be completely shit (altho still a retarded nerf).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't decide on Arc trapper or Arc Elementalist as a starter. Both seem to scale pretty well to the endgame, but trapper seems cheaper? Anybody know how squishy both are? I know elementalist gets a bunch of reflect stuff, but is highly vulnerable to physical. I've yet to play a trapper and if there's one thing I loathe about endgame, it's playing classes that are easily "one-shot".

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure you don't want to self cast shit, even Arc. With traps you can "cast" several arcs at the same time with multiple traps, so it effectively multiplies your damage and aoe coverage by several times, making it much better at about everything. Trapper is also tankier I think, cause 10% less damage from blinded mobs or whatever, as long as stuff's close enough to be blinded.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Most trappers go Mind over Matter and once you get a essence wyrm you'll really be tanky. Run around with like 6khp and 3k mana or so. IIRC trappers basically take no specialty gear and you can just use good rares for most of it. Some things like Tinkerskin or Loreweave can help a lot and Tinkerskin especially has some extra benefits. IIRC my friend who got to 100 last SSF race just used elder (?) gloves with crit multi on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno about traps but I played a fire nova mine saboteur for my first char in delve and he was not very squishy at all for 99% of content. Only things that 1shot him were things that 1shot basically any chars anyways. You get tons of regen and should be able to get 6k life or so pretty easily. I could just stand next to most mobs and bosses spamming my mines without moving and be fine. Only time I had to move on guardians was if they had hard mods or for the big hits (phoenix explosion/triple swing, too many minotaur aoe rock drops piled on top of each other, hydras big charged shot).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Most trappers go Mind over Matter and once you get a essence wyrm you'll really be tanky. Run around with like 6khp and 3k mana or so. IIRC trappers basically take no specialty gear and you can just use good rares for most of it. Some things like Tinkerskin or Loreweave can help a lot and Tinkerskin especially has some extra benefits. IIRC my friend who got to 100 last SSF race just used elder (?) gloves with crit multi on it.
Is MoM not worth grabbing until I get an essence wyrm? Or does wyrm just enhance it?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is MoM not worth grabbing until I get an essence wyrm? Or does wyrm just enhance it?
If that's essence worm, you can take it before, essence worm just lets you unreserve a bunch of mana, giving you a larger pool to use MoM with, so it's like a big +life item.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right but for something like a melee build where you want a 1.8+ aps weapon (my claw in beastiary was like 1.95 or something, it had 2 phys mods, t1 cold dmg, crit chance/multi/aspd) you're gonna be retardedly slower whirling around... Reave/flurry is definitely dead between losing a huge chunk of damage and losing a ton of mobility. Unless it still ends up scaling through aspd nodes/gem links cuts into that +0.6s, in which case it might not be completely shit (altho still a retarded nerf).
I think you're making some incorrect assumptions. This thread has some good information:

Caliane

MoM is pretty great right from the get go. I often take it as my very first major on witch. outright bee lining for it.

A huge amount of DR sent to mana before you have any reservation. Probably running arcane surge in the early game still.. possibly even clarity, since you get it in act 1 and CAN.
First hitch is when you start reserving mana. if you over-reserve. Then, i dunno mid maps? when damage burn can start causing problems with mana drain. I suppose delves and incursions can do that too. But, its only really MASSIVE creature counts, from breach, maps, incursions, delves that really cause the "OOM your fucked" moments. but you don't see that till that mapping end game. And, is when you want something more aggressive at regening mana. mana on damage taken, high level clarity, arcane surge, etc.

3 mana per 7 life unreserved basic.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't sleep on Malachai's Awakening for trap and mine builds. It's pretty sweet, letting you essentially ignore the high mana cost the skills.

Really wish this had made it into the patch.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't decide on Arc trapper or Arc Elementalist as a starter. Both seem to scale pretty well to the endgame, but trapper seems cheaper? Anybody know how squishy both are? I know elementalist gets a bunch of reflect stuff, but is highly vulnerable to physical. I've yet to play a trapper and if there's one thing I loathe about endgame, it's playing classes that are easily "one-shot".

My whole group is going arc traps to level with and then respeccing once we hit maps or around 80 if currency allows. Arc traps is the fastest leveling skill in the game, just a means to get through the story if youre into speed.

Also the QoTF nerf is soul crushing but not as bad as NO fuken beyond this league........

agripa

Molten Core Raider
new ailments

6GctZi3.png