Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
You know what I hate about MS builds? I can't see what the fuck is going on.

I farmed up two Oni's before the drop rate nerf and did a frost blades/MS build, and also did a Ng build and in the end didn't REALLY like either of them.

Again, one of my downfalls is always the fact that I suck at min/maxing defense, so my builds always fail because I tend to die to damage spikes - and with an MS build I missed cues for those damage spikes A LOT.

So, to my mode of play, my MS builds were too squishy. I have the same issue with BV builds and having to get close to mobs. I couldn't kill Delve bosses last league because I can't be damned to layer defenses.

Perhaps I need to git gudder at that......

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
So it’s pretty much dual wield or shield then. Suppose I’ll just do some type of maurader build with a shield. I started down a 2 hand path last night but deep down I knew 2 handed was likely going to suck because it always does in these games. Taking up two slots with one item almost always leads to less than having two separate items.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Earthquake still exists :(.

Also heavy strike! I think I saw tidebreaker got a buff in the patch notes.

I wonder what I could use for a clear skill if I decide to try that boss stun build out this league...

Edit: Actually, Cons path would probably be a good clear skill for it. Hmm, nvm, i'd want something that doesn't do any ele damage. Maybe cyclone on a weapon swap I guess.

Jonkimble Jonkimble how is cyclone with empire grasp for clearing maps? Work pretty good or feelsbad?

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, it would be as a slayer/jugg scion using probably loreweave. I guess I did play cyclone a while back and didn't mind the clear too much without empire grasp so I guess it can't be worse. Might do this first instead of the storm call char. Tidebreaker heavystrike stun for bosses and cyclone for clears, pure phys version. Should be fine for everything up to uber elder and I can do my storm call char for that and won't be burnt out on her already from filling out atlas and stuff that way.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tectonic Slam gem info at level 20 makes no sense given what they said it would be. Base damage didn't go up at all, Charged slam went from 18% more damage 100% of the time to 60% more damage 35% of the time which is barely a buff, and if this skill is supposed to come with Impale interactions it makes 0 sense to have 60% of it convert to fire by default. What the hell GGG?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guess I'm going to start with an arc miner with the option of going GC much later. I kind of doubt I'll stick with it long enough to ever need GC for anything, but I've never played mines before and I suppose there's a chance I'll actually like it. Going LL seems a little interesting at least, especially since I need a Shav's for the real build later on anyway. Can someone save me the time searching through patch notes and reddit and remind me why it is people say LL will now make Arc about as strong as GC for single target?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
With all the potential new players interested in the next league, the video deserves a reposting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Only thing I can think of without going through the patch notes myself is that GC was maybe using stat sticks since it is phys damage and now that's gone?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Guess I'm going to start with an arc miner with the option of going GC much later. I kind of doubt I'll stick with it long enough to ever need GC for anything, but I've never played mines before and I suppose there's a chance I'll actually like it. Going LL seems a little interesting at least, especially since I need a Shav's for the real build later on anyway. Can someone save me the time searching through patch notes and reddit and remind me why it is people say LL will now make Arc about as strong as GC for single target?
Because reddit and people are dumb. LL affects both builds equally, so take that out of the equation. My guess is that they're referring to stat sticks since they only affect GC.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Because reddit and people are dumb. LL affects both builds equally, so take that out of the equation. My guess is that they're referring to stat sticks since they only affect GC.

Low life is 30% more spell damage which boosts both like you said. Vorph Vorph i love me some LL, friend of mine does our entire guilds boss killing pretty much as a GC miner every league.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Low life is 30% more spell damage which boosts both like you said. Vorph Vorph i love me some LL, friend of mine does our entire guilds boss killing pretty much as a GC miner every league.

you're trapper smart right? with the updated cold skills and bone chill can any of them compete with arc traps now? I want to try the new skills but also start safe with a trapper. hrm

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
you're trapper smart right? with the updated cold skills and bone chill can any of them compete with arc traps now? I want to try the new skills but also start safe with a trapper. hrm

Im using traps to level like you and Arc just auto targers and clears the screen on top of being a boss killer. For those new skills the people in my guild are MUCH smarter than me so Ill let them figure out the math and OP shit and just copy them on Sunday when I respec a 3rd time. If youre in the FoH Discord ill invite you to our channels also to shoot the shit or so you can see how we talk about builds etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Im using traps to level like you and Arc just auto targers and clears the screen on top of being a boss killer. For those new skills the people in my guild are MUCH smarter than me so Ill let them figure out the math and OP shit and just copy them on Sunday when I respec a 3rd time. If youre in the FoH Discord ill invite you to our channels also to shoot the shit or so you can see how we talk about builds etc.

ya i'm in there shoot me an invite

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Vorph Vorph unless you intend on doing lots of boss killing with your miner, I would stay with traps. Mines are just clunkier but higher damage.

If anyone would like the character name "IllegalMiners", let me know, I don't plan on using it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user