Path of Exile

Caliane

That’s the build I’m playing as my first ever play through of the game. I’ve hit a fucking wall at 70 and maps. I can’t afford the end game gear so that’s lacking and my dps is just awful on boss fights which gets me killed too often. I’ve done tier 1 and 2’s but in a tier 3 the mods the boss has will determine if I complete it or not. If nothing else I’ve at least learned the run the fuck away and take my time strategy on harder encounters. I like the playstyle, I just re rolled a sunder build, which I already have the end game gear for, but it’s clunky compared to cyclone. People do Uber lab with the cyclone build at 70 but that’s beyond my game knowledge right now, from what to farm, to how to gear to how to play in general. The sunder build seems easier to pull off from the gear standpoint at least. Neither build is purported to be much more than a lab farmer but that’s ok with me for now, that’ll get me currency and gear and more kowledge to do harder stuff with other builds.
hrm. I'd normally say difficultly doesnt really ramp up for "end game" till tier 10+, for a solo self found point of view. So if you are having problems at t3, something is wrong. And its something that can be fixed. As what I'm saying is, a 4l main attack should get you to t10 easy.
so, with attacks, your weapon does matter alot. so it could be that.
with spells, their damage scales with level, so that would be defense is likely the problem.

at maps you do need to have your gem setups, into their "final form". Meaning. a 4-6l main attack. A curse on hit settup. A mobility skill. Golems. A cast on damage taken+immortal call setup.
Aura/heralds.

And obviously your flasks should be setup properly. A panicked healing flask of staunching. A stibnite of heat. A basalt flask of whatever. A diamond or sulfur of whatever. A quicksilver flask.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh, you're suggesting to use that as a way to boost DPS during an otherwise useless flask?
Yup and the craft goes all the way to 28% now that I look at it. It sits on your gloves so even if you are using a flask that does boost your damage this increases it further.

Basically once you use it you have 5 - 15 or 20 charges of +damage. Quicksilver? Defensive? Mana? Whatever = +damage.

Really depends on what else you need on your gloves.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't change that the base flask is using a slot that could be taken by a Wise Oak, Atziri's Promise, or Cinderswallow.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was poking around builds on poe.ninja. I was planning on transitioning my storm brand elementalist to a LL Occultist but I couldn't make the build work in a way that really netted any real benefits. The dps ended up being worse while having similar raw HP. But, I did come across this interesting build:

poe.ninja

Does anyone know if the Syndicate members, or unique monsters in general, are classified as? As in, do they get the 60% less curse effectiveness? Would be fun to literally drop 6+ curses on them, neutering their dps and making them instagib.

Still worried about Shaper/Uber Elder dps though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
anyone have ideas on SSF fusings, without vorici daily vendor?

Regular vendor.

This is my first real MoM character and I'm running into exactly what I thought I would: take a bunch of damage and unable to do what I need to(recall brands or flame dash). Is there a less-valuable way to counter this besides Lavianga's Spirit? I really don't want to dedicate 2 flask slots to flasks that don't directly boost dps or mitigation.

I hate MoM because of this, tried it once or twice and specced out of it shortly after and now I don't even bother trying to fit it into builds. Not worth the headache for a tad extra 1shot protection (and most stuff that 1shots will 1shot through MoM anyways).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

unknown-23.png

wRcCfuu~2.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Regular vendor.

I hate MoM because of this, tried it once or twice and specced out of it shortly after and now I don't even bother trying to fit it into builds. Not worth the headache for a tad extra 1shot protection (and most stuff that 1shots will 1shot through MoM anyways).
I did actually think of a way to counter. Just have more mana than your MoM ratio ;) You'll run out of life before you do mana.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'd also have to take recovery into account for that, but in general MoM is super weak against constant damage sources like dots and can put you in a real bind if you aren't actively prepared to remove them and instantly recover (e.g. mana potion on bind). I'd imagine if you invest into it enough, it'd be beefy enough as the sole defensive mechanism for any given build, but I doubt anyone is doing that on softcore, and there are better, more reliable options to invest into for most builds for primary defensive mechanics. As a backup to something like Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics, though, it's outstanding.

I think the only way Occultist works out better for Storm Brand is through damage conversion to cold/chaos, and pulling that off competently is gonna take some cash. I'm not certain it'd be miles better than Elementalist in anything but defense.

Caliane

one time hits arent really the problem. since any MoM ought to have so much mana regen, that they should get their mana back for a skill pretty fast.

Its the constant hits from a ton of shit, or a degen that can fuck you over. % damage taken gained as mana is a direct counter for any hit based mana drain. its on a lot of things these days.

you could have bloodmagic on your movement skill, or something to proc mana on hit. (poachers)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been running occultist EB MoM this league and it's solved all the typical issues MoM has. In an entire week+ of gaming I've literally had to run out of a fight to recharge ES once. I also don't need to invest in any mana passives and the Life/ES combo passives plus ES on gear scales way better than mana. For reference I have 6.5k life and 3.3k ES.

Edit: And the only time chaos damage has been an issue is when you run into one of those mega beam packs in an incursion.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So did a consecrated path up to 73 yesterday. Jesus fuck that skill against syndicate, being in close is no bueno. Not sure why but melee builds always feel week as hell to me compared to pretty much any of the caster builds i've ever done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm doing the first tiers of the atlas map and I can't get an iceberg map to drop, and Zana hasn't had one for sale. Is buying one from another player my only option or can I craft one or something?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm doing the first tiers of the atlas map and I can't get an iceberg map to drop, and Zana hasn't had one for sale. Is buying one from another player my only option or can I craft one or something?

JUST got one today...I'm getting nothing but tier 1 and 2 maps. Is there a trick to this shit?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alch and go baby, Alch and go. You'll get some dry spots of range but you should be able to hit close to T10's only using alchs and the occaisional zana/delve/incursion jackpot

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can also trade up 3 maps for a map of the next tier, very useful for white maps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user