Path of Exile

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Not going to lie, if the first sold hideout is in any shape cool looking I grab it.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Newborn has taken precedence, but I’m sitting on about 50 chaos at map tier 4. I’m smoking it all easily except bosses but that’s not bad. I really need to get a new 6 link bow and a frostferno.

I also need some time to play.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Im 4 linked on cyclone. I burned all my fusings trying to get another piece set up as a 6 link before I got wise to the rarity of rolling a 6 link like that. I am missing a curse, don't know if leap slam counts as mobility or not, I use that. I never used golems so that's one thing for sure. I haven't optimized flasks but then again a boss fight takes me way longer than chain drinking flasks for the effects would last. I win any boss fight that I can outleech the mechanics of and die to the ones I can't. I've got 10k dps showing for cyclone, 4 linked, with proper support which has got to be way low. 3.5k life and all my resists are 75. I'm not optimizing in plenty of respects but it'll get there.

I typically put a golem in a 4L with CWDT, Immortal Call and Increased Duration. So 3 red and whatever your golem is. The golem is a little fragile if you set it around required level 52, but you keep resummoning. And typically your buff from the golem does not scale all that much above that so it is good for whatever effect you are looking for (cast/attack speed, flat damage, regen, phys reduction). This way your golem is autocast and you no longer have to worry about it.

I am terrible at optimizing flasks as well. I actually think it is holding me back a bit, and I still won't do it. If I can get a quill rain to drop this league I am going to make a Herald of Agony Pathfinder so I will need to get into flasking better by then.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, I'm almost ready to switch from a life-based Elementalist to a CI Occultist. At level 88, worth rerolling, or just spend the ~100 regrets? Never spent this many regrets at once this early in the league.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So I am hoping the new changes to Syndicate are good for me (selfish!). I played an Arc Totem Hiero up to 86 and I am just getting surprise buttsexxed by almost every encounter higher than T6. Admittedly my SSF gear has been behind the curve, and I am still 4L in my set up, but even with 5800 hps and 600 ES I am getting crunched. I could do some caravans and labs, but the forts are impossible and the ambush and caravans are difficult depending on how cleared my map is. I had a caravan in a T4 map go through no less than 5 groups of magic mobs so as I tried to flame dash to the front I got overwhelmed.

I am not good at this game sometimes.

Anyway I restarted a BV elementalist and I had a 6 L eva chest drop early from a Delve so she is more powerful than the Hiero. I got her to 68 over the weekend, but I was still nervous about being in proximity to T5+ Syndicate encounters. Hopefully she is more faceroll now as she should be.....

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Found a 445pdps siege axe today with an open suffix (no crit mods tho, accuracy and aspd). RNG might finally be turning around for me a bit if I can sell it! Best part is it was in an ilvl 68 or 66 or something delve.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone played around with the talisman conversion table? If I'm after pure dps it looks like I should force Jorgin to be ** instead of *** because the crit mult talisman is only a T2? Not sure what the odds are of getting a crit mult or chance talisman compared to getting the T3 increased damage one. There's T1 increased lightning damage too, but that pool seems super diluted with trash. I guess what I'm wondering is when it says a talisman has X variants, does that talisman take up one slot on the table and then roll the variant if it's picked, or does each variant have a separate slot in the loot table?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone played around with the talisman conversion table? If I'm after pure dps it looks like I should force Jorgin to be ** instead of *** because the crit mult talisman is only a T2? Not sure what the odds are of getting a crit mult or chance talisman compared to getting the T3 increased damage one. There's T1 increased lightning damage too, but that pool seems super diluted with trash. I guess what I'm wondering is when it says a talisman has X variants, does that talisman take up one slot on the table and then roll the variant if it's picked, or does each variant have a separate slot in the loot table?

IDK about tables or what youre talking about but you put a talisman into the crafting bench and once you hit the craft button it randomly changes the Implicit to one of the T1/2/3 and keeps the rest of the item the same.

Caliane

Im 4 linked on cyclone. I burned all my fusings trying to get another piece set up as a 6 link before I got wise to the rarity of rolling a 6 link like that. I am missing a curse, don't know if leap slam counts as mobility or not, I use that. I never used golems so that's one thing for sure. I haven't optimized flasks but then again a boss fight takes me way longer than chain drinking flasks for the effects would last. I win any boss fight that I can outleech the mechanics of and die to the ones I can't. I've got 10k dps showing for cyclone, 4 linked, with proper support which has got to be way low. 3.5k life and all my resists are 75. I'm not optimizing in plenty of respects but it'll get there.

yeah. 3.5k life is average/low for starting maps. my conc path scion at level 71, has 4.4k life with a belly of the beast. I can ZZZ through t1-3 maps so far with ease. hp spikes vs syndicate only. A metric shitton of life regen..

10k dps is very low. I dont remember if cyclone list accurate dps. I'm at like 30k list.. but conc path also has that 40% more. so im not sure actual... AND I run around with a small army of minions. 2 golems, 4 essentials, holy relic, Vaal warchief totems. ha.

Did you link a character, or path of building?

View Profile - Path of Exile - Casia

Path of building pastebin

Xevy

Log Wizard
So, I'm almost ready to switch from a life-based Elementalist to a CI Occultist. At level 88, worth rerolling, or just spend the ~100 regrets? Never spent this many regrets at once this early in the league.
If you have a tabula, just reroll. With elreon mana cost enchants you can buzz through the Acts in 4 or 5 hours. If you've got a good map pool or deep sulphite it's just another 10 or so to 90.

I used a 26 lightning damage %/ 32 crit chance/28 multi/50 life amulet in t3 Jorgin and hit 26% increased damage. Pretty worth. Just sad I didn't slam it once before I Tali'd it.

If you're getting syndipounded in reds, I recommend just flash farming syndicate in white maps until the patch hits. The rewards are very worth it if you set it up right. If you get two "bad" options make sure to check the other members first as after their bargains change. If it's all bad options (remove Cameira from Trans etc), just don't do anything. Easy.

Vorph

IDK about tables or what youre talking about but you put a talisman into the crafting bench and once you hit the craft button it randomly changes the Implicit to one of the T1/2/3 and keeps the rest of the item the same.
You put a regular non-corrupt amulet in the bench and it spits out a corrupted talisman.

I want the obvious choice, Wereclaw, which has the 24-36% global crit mult implicit. Second choice would be Hexclaw for 40-50% global crit chance. There's six other T2 talismans listed, but Avian Twins Talisman has six different ways it can roll incoming damage conversion. So I'm wondering if I have a 2/8 chance to get a good one, or only a 2/13 chance.

I used a 26 lightning damage %/ 32 crit chance/28 multi/50 life amulet in t3 Jorgin and hit 26% increased damage. Pretty worth. Just sad I didn't slam it once before I Tali'd it.
Yeah, that's pretty close to what I have. 17% Lightning Dmg/21% Spell Dmg/25% CC/35% CMult/55 Life (max crafted). Just can't decide if it's better to use a T2 or a T3 table when I convert it from the shitty gold amulet base it is now. Crit Mult is quite a bit more of a dps increase than increased damage, but T3 pool seems less diluted with trash.

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, this crafting talk is still so far over my head. At least I got the basics of how to change socket colors/numbers down!

Someone mentioned something about the chance of getting a 6L with fusing. If it is so low, what is the preferred method for doing it?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The preferred method of 6 linking is to use Orbs of Fusing on a 6 socket item until it gets 6 links. This could happen anywhere from 1 fusing to many multiple thousands of fusings, so good luck.

Xevy

Log Wizard
For 6L's you first need 6 sockets. Then you want at LEAST 20% quality on the weapon/chest. Ever % of quality increases the chances of each socket linking. So REALLY you want to hit up a big 30% syndicate bench to really maximize your odds. After that it's just a matter of shift clicking as many fusings as you can manage onto that sonova bitch until it links. I think at 30% it's supposed to be 500ish (?) fusings on average, but RNG is RNG. I've 6 linked multiple pieces within 500 fusings, I've spent 2k on one that never linked. There is a 6L crafting recipe, but I believe it's found by Aul in Delve which is just more rng and hopefully you don't have to kill him to get it or that's going to be even tougher. I don't remember what the cost is to 6l, but iirc it was 1500? Basically only for the desperate and rich.

Man, I don't know if this is a boon or a hinderance, but it's funny:

Caliane

Man, this crafting talk is still so far over my head. At least I got the basics of how to change socket colors/numbers down!

Someone mentioned something about the chance of getting a 6L with fusing. If it is so low, what is the preferred method for doing it?
Quality on the item effects fusing chance. always 20% quality or more an item you wish to fuse.a

20% quality is normally the cap. This league has introduced ways to create magic/rares with quality as high as 60%. veiled crafting and hillock in safehouses allows it. but not uniques. uniques its still 20%.

the "average" for a 6l at 20% quality is like 900-1000 fusings.
if you spam click it WILL stop at 6l. however, given rarity of 5l. its often well enough to go slow enough, that you if you get a 5l, its good enough to keep for a while.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, ok, so when I had like 50 of them and blew through them, that was just the tip of the iceberg. I knew about the quality and put them to 20% before trying. Fuck me, I hope drops get exponentially greater at higher levels. And I suppose there's no point even trying unless you have a super-awesome item already.

Vorph

but not uniques. uniques its still 20%.
Nah, you can toss a unique in Hillock's table just fine. My Tinkerskin was 28% before I started seriously throwing fusings at it.

Technically you can get it to the max possible Q (30% from fossil craft still the highest base?) if you start with a white and chance it into a unique. Sadist Garb in particular would work decently for that since Tinkerskin is the booby prize for everyone trying to get an Inpulsa from chancing this league since Inpulsa is so ungodly rare now.

Last edited: