Path of Exile

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch notes, first line:

• Improved Betrayal encounters by reducing damage dealt by most Syndicate members, improving skill signalling, reducing Syndicate member damage bonuses from some items, reducing skill off-screening, cleaning up residual objects to reduce clutter and reducing additional monster spawns in Fortification encounters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No need, really. It always generates a map one tier higher that's connected on the Atlas, and this patch gave us the ability to choose which one by swapping maps around. So if you want a T4, look on the map and see what it's connected to for T3, and then turn in 3 of those.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I hate to say it is a solution but it's a good one lol
Yeah, but I still might spec out of it and go grab Acro/Phase Acro instead. The requirements on your passives and gear for MoM to function to my satifaction does not seem worth it.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
James James might be forgetting that some maps connect to two maps a tier above. And I think Iceberg is one of those.

I'm not, this patch gave us the ability to change which map the recipe generates by swapping out maps. For Iceberg specifically, if you turn in 3 Atolls and it gives you back an Arid Lake, swap out one of the Atolls for a different one and it will give you Iceberg.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So, looks like it takes 3 atoll maps to make an iceberg, and of course I have no Atoll's. I'm guessing I'll need to grind other T2's to get a better chance at getting one to drop.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Today I learned blade vortex won't proc CoC...

Hilarious. Lol

Since that's a bust, thinking lancing steel gladiator, or maybe some totems... Ice spear? Something easy, that can finish all content on SSF budget.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that patch looks like it should fix a lot of the gripes people have with the league, looking forward to it.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not, this patch gave us the ability to change which map the recipe generates by swapping out maps. For Iceberg specifically, if you turn in 3 Atolls and it gives you back an Arid Lake, swap out one of the Atolls for a different one and it will give you Iceberg.
Seriously? I missed that, thanks.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
hrm. I'd normally say difficultly doesnt really ramp up for "end game" till tier 10+, for a solo self found point of view. So if you are having problems at t3, something is wrong. And its something that can be fixed. As what I'm saying is, a 4l main attack should get you to t10 easy.
so, with attacks, your weapon does matter alot. so it could be that.
with spells, their damage scales with level, so that would be defense is likely the problem.

at maps you do need to have your gem setups, into their "final form". Meaning. a 4-6l main attack. A curse on hit settup. A mobility skill. Golems. A cast on damage taken+immortal call setup.
Aura/heralds.

And obviously your flasks should be setup properly. A panicked healing flask of staunching. A stibnite of heat. A basalt flask of whatever. A diamond or sulfur of whatever. A quicksilver flask.

Im 4 linked on cyclone. I burned all my fusings trying to get another piece set up as a 6 link before I got wise to the rarity of rolling a 6 link like that. I am missing a curse, don't know if leap slam counts as mobility or not, I use that. I never used golems so that's one thing for sure. I haven't optimized flasks but then again a boss fight takes me way longer than chain drinking flasks for the effects would last. I win any boss fight that I can outleech the mechanics of and die to the ones I can't. I've got 10k dps showing for cyclone, 4 linked, with proper support which has got to be way low. 3.5k life and all my resists are 75. I'm not optimizing in plenty of respects but it'll get there.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
p3t43wj2xv421.png

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I want to punch myself in the face. Last league I wasted like 6k chromes trying to colour something on and off. Yesterday I read an article explaining how to off colour items with jewellers instead. .

good changes - can't wait to start Delving a bit more to break the monotony of mapping all the time.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, looks like it takes 3 atoll maps to make an iceberg, and of course I have no Atoll's. I'm guessing I'll need to grind other T2's to get a better chance at getting one to drop.

I keep seeing people posting about Iceberg map. Why is it so popular?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think some people run it to unlock the hideout which looks super fancy. Or maybe thats glacier, or both.