Path of Exile

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I did starforge lacerate in Harbinger. It's good but not flavor of the month good.

The most fun I had with it was using the lion roar flask and smacking shit into corners. I bet Voidforge is good with some kind of herald to make things go boom too.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hahaha I have a Double Strike build on my list of things I want to try this league (SSF) and do you think through 2 other characters to 70+ I have seen a Vaal Double Strike drop? Of course not. I loathe having to start vaaling regular gems because I only have about 20 vaal orbs to my name and I have not started red maps yet on my Atlas.
#JustDumbPoEThings

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got +1 curse from random veil crafting. 3ex to craft. Anyone else gotten it yet? Wonder if I hit the jackpot.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I seriously haven't heard anyone playing Lacerate, even since the 3.3 redo. Wizardhawk is the most unintentional PoE hipster.

I found clearing with Double Strike to be meh. It requires too many supports(splash and ancestral call) and some sort of popper, usually Hemos. Molten Strike outclasses it in all but the boss burst dps part.

For shits and giggles:

poe.ninja

17 people(above 92) are playing Lacerate.

For further shits and giggles, NOBODY is playing Fire Nova Mine above 92. This is the build Wizardhawk played that made him Cartman last league.

Yeah I don't want to use MS because then i'd have to go slayer/elementalist instead of slayer/jugg because the main reason I play scion usually is because I hate having to throw away 80% of the maps I roll because the game likes to troll and give you the reflect type that your character can't run... seriously if I play a phys char I get phys reflect constantly, if I hop on an ele char then all I roll is ele reflect.

My Fire Nova Mine char was pretty good, especially as league starter. Took me all the way up to uber elder and i80+ delves and was able to kill shaper, altho I basically did just copy a forum build for that one since i'd never played mines before of any kind (or traps still).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I don't want to use MS because then i'd have to go slayer/elementalist instead of slayer/jugg because the main reason I play scion usually is because I hate having to throw away 80% of the maps I roll because the game likes to troll and give you the reflect type that your character can't run... seriously if I play a phys char I get phys reflect constantly, if I hop on an ele char then all I roll is ele reflect.

My Fire Nova Mine char was pretty good, especially as league starter. Took me all the way up to uber elder and i80+ delves and was able to kill shaper, altho I basically did just copy a forum build for that one since i'd never played mines before of any kind (or traps still).
80% of your maps are unfixable reflect?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played a BV cold conversion in delve and couldn't convert 100%, so couldn't run phys or ele reflect maps, the horror.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
80% of your maps are unfixable reflect?

Nah they'd be fixable if I wanted to reroll every time I hit reflect or buy a new map when I vaal into it. That's annoying, so i'd rather just play scion and get immunity.
I played a BV cold conversion in delve and couldn't convert 100%, so couldn't run phys or ele reflect maps, the horror.

Only going cold? I thought most ele BV chars used phys to lightning + hrimburn or some other combo to get 100% conversion even if it's multi element (that's what I did on mine when I played it).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Nah they'd be fixable if I wanted to reroll every time I hit reflect or buy a new map when I vaal into it. That's annoying, so i'd rather just play scion and get immunity.

Only going cold? I thought most ele BV chars used phys to lightning + hrimburn or some other combo to get 100% conversion even if it's multi element (that's what I did on mine when I played it).
You're restricting your builds on not wanting to reroll reflect?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I was going crit freeze inquisitor with an autobommerish playstyle since I heard how oneshotty the deep delves got.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I seriously haven't heard anyone playing Lacerate, even since the 3.3 redo. Wizardhawk is the most unintentional PoE hipster.

I found clearing with Double Strike to be meh. It requires too many supports(splash and ancestral call) and some sort of popper, usually Hemos. Molten Strike outclasses it in all but the boss burst dps part.

For shits and giggles:

poe.ninja

17 people(above 92) are playing Lacerate.

For further shits and giggles, NOBODY is playing Fire Nova Mine above 92. This is the build Wizardhawk played that made him Cartman last league.
Lacerate is actually the build i'm running. Pretty fun so far. The 'pop" haemophila make when something explodes is also super satisfying.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, that trade macro is a godsend. I don't even care if it is accurate. But it has allowed me to go through my absolutely ridiculous amount of saved rares and, if they don't come up at least 2c, just fucking vendor them. I was always worrying that I might have something really valuable but not know it, so I hoarded everything (and eventually just plain stopped picking things up if they weren't possibly a direct upgrade for me). Now I have the excuse I needed to just fucking dump them. Even if it is wrong, I don't care!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Because I have to buy 50% of the maps to actually get them because they never drop for me.
No you don't. Why do you exaggerate to the point of incredulity?

giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just play elementalist/slayer Scion and no more reflect right? Lol

Hmm

I actually might do that next char

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys are acting like this is onslaught league and we're all doing chaos recipes in felshrine/docks until level 80. Shit grows on trees since incursion/delve.

• 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
No you don't. Why do you exaggerate to the point of incredulity?

giphy.gif

No? I won't buy any red maps this league, lets see how long it takes me to get them unlocked. I got 2 of them from map drop bargains before this last patch that removes that from happening so i'm already ahead of the game. I've also already traded for or gotten from the guild about 12 white maps that I used to complete that part of the atlas when I wasn't even able to run the previous tier to try getting them because I also get no drops of the previous tiers for them, and probably 15-20 yellow maps so far and still missing 1 t7, 1 t8, 3 t9 and most of t10.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I got 1 plateau(T10) from that Syndicate bug. From that a T11 dropped. From that, I now have ~8 red maps completed. Zana missions and horizon orbs help alot. Got a bit lucky getting a red map to drop that plateau but gotta take your lucky streaks with the unlucky ones.

What you do is take the unlucky streaks along with poor choices like using horizon orbs on yellows or not spending a fucking scour and alch to reroll a map, and then think the game is out to get you.