Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think I'm gonna roll Hegemony's Era Tectonic Slam. Skill looks pretty solid on Mathil's stream, bet staff crit works well.

Funny story. My friend started out Champion lancing steel or some shit, ended up going low life (for adrenaline) ES Tec slam with a Hegemony. Damage was really good if he had shit up, but otherwise kinda dumb. He stopped playing. Staffs have some great synergy with block and stuff on left side though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
WRONG WRONG WRONG. Horizon orbs had a beastcraft in 3.2, quite common. 3.3, currency rooms. 3.4+ shaper strongholds.

This is my point, you run into some hardships(i.e. a bit of bad luck) and then backwards reconstruct how it's the game's fault, not yours. You've already backpedaled on rerolling part. What's next?

Just run your highest. Zana mods, horizon orbs, and zana missions will take care of the rest. That strat of completely farming a tier until you have complete drops of the next tier is dead. 3-to-1 vendor recipe. Divine vessel "bug". Trading with guild mates. Buying maps that cost 3c at most up to T12(maps are fucking cheap this league). Completing your atlas is not hard.

Stop it.

Get some help.

I backpedaled on rerolling? I said I don't like to reroll maps due to them getting reflect on builds that can't do it. I never said I don't roll maps for high quant/rarity/pack size. I didn't backpedal on anything.

Since when do shaper strongholds give horizon orbs? I get a lot of chisels from them, I don't recall ever getting horizon orbs. Common beastcraft recipe? Lol. I might've gotten 2 recipes for it over the whole league. Was 3.3 incursion? If so, I didn't play that league so not relevant to me. I didn't get many horizon orbs in delve that I can recall, lots of chaos though from the delve chests. Zana missions giving completion bonus is new this league, no?

Divine vessel bug doesn't work any more, I tried 75+ activations on t5 and t6 map with it and never once did it work. I guess it could be an absolutely horrible rng string but i'm not gonna spend a literal hour trying to do it 700 times.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Think I'm gonna roll Hegemony's Era Tectonic Slam. Skill looks pretty solid on Mathil's stream, bet staff crit works well.

I used hegemony's era with wild strike a few leagues back and it was pretty beastly. Was thinking about doing it again this league and trying to spend my currency crafting a rare staff that would beat it but now that I have the nice axe that plan might be over.

Xevy

Log Wizard
He basically said he thinks they're over tuned. They make totems look challenging b/c they can die. They're like a PoE bossing tutorial skill. Your skills go and attack, you focus on dodge mechanics. I'm not against it. Kinda BS a lot of builds just can't do big bosses b/c of single target/sustain issues, so if everyone can get an easy in to at least TRY and do bosses, that's cool.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Since when do shaper strongholds give horizon orbs? I get a lot of chisels from them, I don't recall ever getting horizon orbs.

I get one every time I do a shaper stronghold. Maybe 1-2 I have don't but they are pretty damn common from them. Horizon shards are also extremely common from harbys and chests during delves.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Had a right touch this morning handed in a breach card and Navali gave me a Halcyon neck. First bit of luck this league really as not seen an exalted drop yet.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get one every time I do a shaper stronghold. Maybe 1-2 I have don't but they are pretty damn common from them. Horizon shards are also extremely common from harbys and chests during delves.

Yea I definitely don't get horizon orbs most of the time I do strongholds. Chisels yes.

EDIT: NVM I was thinking horizons were the ones that upgraded. I think I do get those most strongholds.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know how Conc Effect interacts with brands? Does it reduce attachment range? Does it reduce the "chaining" range on Storm Brand?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used hegemony's era with wild strike a few leagues back and it was pretty beastly. Was thinking about doing it again this league and trying to spend my currency crafting a rare staff that would beat it but now that I have the nice axe that plan might be over.

Saw a thread on reddit awhile back about a guy that tried to craft a rare staff better than Hegemony's. Took him ~500ex and he made one with slightly higher base damage. I think the Hegemony upgrade is Disintegrator, but *shrug*.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
fletch101 fletch101 99.7, will easily ding 100 tonight but took a couple of nights off to IRL with my warden.

Not trying to ignore tells and ill for sure post my build. When youre in a 6 man party for hours on end, with screens exploding, and stopping to loot a a chaos or even respond to tell and my group will be across the map. Worse even I could die in that .5 seconds i stop and lose hours worth of grinding and easily a thousand chaos per death at 99.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Had a right touch this morning handed in a breach card and Navali gave me a Halcyon neck. First bit of luck this league really as not seen an exalted drop yet.
I'm the opposite. Zero good drops but 5 exalts so far.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Really liking Tectonic over lacerate but now I want to redo another character built around it. God damn it game.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know how Conc Effect interacts with brands? Does it reduce attachment range? Does it reduce the "chaining" range on Storm Brand?

I dont think it reduces attachment range at all, Uber uses it and doesn't notice a difference. It's kind of like Sunder; it just reduces the little AOE the beams put out.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Attachment range is almost assuredly its own stat, separate from AoE. It has its own mods on the tree and even its own mod for gear.

Saw a thread on reddit awhile back about a guy that tried to craft a rare staff better than Hegemony's. Took him ~500ex and he made one with slightly higher base damage. I think the Hegemony upgrade is Disintegrator, but *shrug*.

Disintegrator is probably not an upgrade if you're a crit/attack build. High damage but slow and no crit. There are mirror staffs on standard with 750-800+ pdps and 8+ crit, hegemonys is 500pdps.