Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I scour/alch/chaos/vaal/chisel plenty of maps, especially reds. Horizon orbs were almost non-existant in delve and beastiary (unless you got zana 8 and farmed harbinger maps in delve), slightly more available in this league since they can drop in safehouses. I got a t11 and t13 from the syndicate thing.

The hard part about filling out the atlas isn't getting the first string or 2 of maps connected, it's filling it out once you have 4 or 5 other maps of the same tier that can drop and ruin your chances of getting that +1 you need to advance.

Maybe you're right tho and I just run all white maps cause I just make poor choices and want to blame the game and be mad. Cause I said I hate reflect so that means I just never roll good maps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Being able to run any combination of mods on a map is great for saving money long term, but yeah I don't think reflect is nearly as bad as some other map mod combinations. No life regeneration can fuck itself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Reflect maps are fun as a totem user while learning the game:

"Why aren't they dying? They're taking no damage!"

Run around trying to stay alive

"Why the fuck aren't my totems killing them?!?!"

Splat

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I scour/alch/chaos/vaal/chisel plenty of maps, especially reds. Horizon orbs were almost non-existant in delve and beastiary (unless you got zana 8 and farmed harbinger maps in delve), slightly more available in this league since they can drop in safehouses. I got a t11 and t13 from the syndicate thing.

The hard part about filling out the atlas isn't getting the first string or 2 of maps connected, it's filling it out once you have 4 or 5 other maps of the same tier that can drop and ruin your chances of getting that +1 you need to advance.

Maybe you're right tho and I just run all white maps cause I just make poor choices and want to blame the game and be mad. Cause I said I hate reflect so that means I just never roll good maps.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. Horizon orbs had a beastcraft in 3.2, quite common. 3.3, currency rooms. 3.4+ shaper strongholds.

This is my point, you run into some hardships(i.e. a bit of bad luck) and then backwards reconstruct how it's the game's fault, not yours. You've already backpedaled on rerolling part. What's next?

Just run your highest. Zana mods, horizon orbs, and zana missions will take care of the rest. That strat of completely farming a tier until you have complete drops of the next tier is dead. 3-to-1 vendor recipe. Divine vessel "bug". Trading with guild mates. Buying maps that cost 3c at most up to T12(maps are fucking cheap this league). Completing your atlas is not hard.

Stop it.

Get some help.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Why are people buying maps when they can just hit Vaal outposts and get shittons of em for free?

Xevy

Log Wizard
They were fairly easy to get from Shaper's Strongholds in Delve and you COULD get them from delve boxes. Those other leagues I wouldn't say they were readily abundant.

If your build doesn't suck just run alch'd maps and it'll all work out. That's the fucking key to it. Do all the whites, buy holes (they should be like MAX 3c for one), do all the yellows (DON'T BUY THEM, just trade up and run Yellow's til your fucking 90), then you're in reds. There reds shouldn't be your bread and butter, they should be a treat until you've got 130 atlas complete and several 90ish characters.

Also back to your builds with that axe, I ran a Tectonic Slam Ascendant with Jugg/Slayer and it's not bad. I used a 2h mace with nearly 500dps though, but with a baller shield you could really spice things up. Especially Lycosida if you go crit. Tec slam was good when you got an charge usage + ruthless. It'd oneshot lvl 90 rares. The AE size is ridiculous. With Conc effect it's still half a screen on a charge use. For single target it's alright, but ye old 4 link double strike will do what you need done.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I've been doing alch-and-go on my highest yellow+ maps. Lvl 92, 130+ completion. It goes up and down, but I can more or less sustain red maps. There are a few that I have trouble getting to, but it's not that bad. I've had to spend MAYBE 20 scour/alch on re-rolling away from phys reflect.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
several 90ish characters.
That sounds insane. Or just poor build choices. I shoot for two characters a league at max, and that's only if what I really want to play just isn't possible as a starter.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
People have different tolerances and speeds. As long as you're making progress(atlas, challenges, character), I can see that as reasonable. I don't think it takes that long to complete your atlas, especially with the changes they've made recently.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can see it by the end of the league if you really want to play a bunch of different builds. But presenting it as something you should do before getting into reds at all? That just seems really weird.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can someone invite my character to the guild if there is room? Melashari is the name of my league arc witch.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That sounds insane. Or just poor build choices. I shoot for two characters a league at max, and that's only if what I really want to play just isn't possible as a starter.

Well, I went off book and did my own thing with the new Tec slam for character one. Got it to 89. It was pretty good. But I wanted to do a CoC build, also my own creation. Made that, it blasted its fucking way to 89/90 no problem. 2-3 times faster than my first character. Then I got a CoC weapon I wanted to fuck with. So I made that one. That char is basically banked at 86 while my CoC wander farms up currency to make my ideal equipment for my CoC sworder. All in all, I've done this in two weeks almost? 1.5 weeks?

The point was not that you shouldn't do red maps until your 3rd 90, just that if you're playing consistently and in the yellow map tiers you'll fill out your early reds in the same way. Just blaze through yellows for currency/items/syndicate/sulphite etc and your map problems will solve themselves. I will admit that I had to ask for maybe 3 maps sub-red to fill out my yellow and whites. Even then I could probably have just looked up the trade-up path for them.

Also Mathil is doing Tec slam, so get ready for all that gear to explode in price. Good thing I got my shit early. He's going Ono-Goroshi though so most weapon prices should be untouched.

Edit: OH: Rin in Transportation drops "Guiding Maps". These are maps you HAVE NOT YET COMPLETED. Make sure to put her in Trans and juice her up for ez completes.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got uber elder down on my CoC scion, bricked one set because I hadn't attempted uber elder in 4+ months, but second set got him down in 2 portals. So pretty happy with my own version of the CoC build. Not cheap but damn fun, probably my favourite CoC build I've played to date(and I got two CoC builds on standard geared out the asshole). Only upgrades left to do is to get a warlords mark on hit elder ring.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Jonkimble

Next char I think will be a guardian/summoner, unless anyone's got any better ideas?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Fortifications still seem pretty rippy. Love all the shit that can snipe me off screen. THought they were supposed to be fixing that.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think I'm gonna roll Hegemony's Era Tectonic Slam. Skill looks pretty solid on Mathil's stream, bet staff crit works well.