Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I'm still in the fuck Syndicate camp. Locking these assholes up. Fortifications are about the gayest thing since prostate orgasms were discovered.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disintegrator is probably not an upgrade if you're a crit/attack build. High damage but slow and no crit. There are mirror staffs on standard with 750-800+ pdps and 8+ crit, hegemonys is 500pdps.

Yeah, mirroring a rare staff is the best bet for getting one, but that's still ~300 ex depending on the mirror fee and chromes, and only in Standard -- doubt you'll find one up for mirror in league. Don't think I'll be able to use Abyssus on HC regardless of what my armor looks like, so my crit damage won't be so absurd that Disintegrator's mods won't make up for it I think, but it's really expensive on BHC so it's a pipe dream unless this Jugg tank can survive.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So thanks to Jonkimble Jonkimble I now understand why I take so much fucking damage sometimes, the whole "Monster damage does X% of extra fire damage" and stuff. I can handle one of those np, but I was doing some t15 maps with two and wondering why I was taking so much damage. So yeah, if you're still new to the game, know that is what makes maps rippy :D

I really suck at this game. But I love it, it's weird. Like, I enjoy playing, but for some reason it takes me a really long time to realize obvious mechanics like this. Le Sigh.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So thanks to Jonkimble Jonkimble I now understand why I take so much fucking damage sometimes, the whole "Monster damage does X% of extra fire damage" and stuff. I can handle one of those np, but I was doing some t15 maps with two and wondering why I was taking so much damage. So yeah, if you're still new to the game, know that is what makes maps rippy :D

I really suck at this game. But I love it, it's weird. Like, I enjoy playing, but for some reason it takes me a really long time to realize obvious mechanics like this. Le Sigh.

I'm really careful about mods i do now too, I learned the hard way last league. I'm in the same boat, my main strategy for lab is run and hope. That said I did the last one at 85 this time and Izaro was a complete joke on Jugg. it's a really great game once you get into it but it's like EVE or something, tons and tons of shit to learn and you have to realize you'll likely never be an elite player unless you give up your job and play 24/7.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The sneakiest map mod interaction is Players are Cursed with Vulnerability + Strongbox Caustic Clouds. Caustic Clouds is popped by shooting out a projectile from the strongbox, and if that projectile is buffed it can one shot very beefy characters.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What gear affects brands specifically?

I dunno if any specific gear does but there is a craft for attachment range. I have a good amount of inc. aoe on my char and my attachment range is doodoo (not sure how good it is for brand specced chars tho so maybe not much difference either way).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, mirroring a rare staff is the best bet for getting one, but that's still ~300 ex depending on the mirror fee and chromes, and only in Standard -- doubt you'll find one up for mirror in league. Don't think I'll be able to use Abyssus on HC regardless of what my armor looks like, so my crit damage won't be so absurd that Disintegrator's mods won't make up for it I think, but it's really expensive on BHC so it's a pipe dream unless this Jugg tank can survive.

Yeah i'm not expecting to create any mirror items. T2/t3 rolls on an eclipse staff if you hit the attack mods (phys, flat phys, hybrid phys, aspd) on an eclipse staff is about 650dps with decent to good rolls in those tiers, around 1.45aspd and 7.8crit with the 100% implicit as some icing on the cake since you lose max power charge from hegemony which is 500dps or so.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shouldn't try to roll an Eclipse base unless you're going spell caster imo. For melee, you'd want either Imperial Staff or Judgement Staff (imo Imperial), and they're a huge pain in the ass to roll. I mean absolutely GOOD LUCK, but I went down that rabbit hole once and never again!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone ever used Queen of the Forest on a ranger? I only need about 4-5 sockets use to having a frostferno. Been trying to figure out my move speed expectation, but goddamn apparently I can’t do simple fucking math as a 18 years experience engineer. I must be missing something in how the terminology is interacting.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are you having problems with? It should be pretty straight forward, base movement speed - 25% + (evasion/600).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anyone ever used Queen of the Forest on a ranger? I only need about 4-5 sockets use to having a frostferno. Been trying to figure out my move speed expectation, but goddamn apparently I can’t do simple fucking math as a 18 years experience engineer. I must be missing something in how the terminology is interacting.

Make sure to get a Jade flask of Reflexes (increased Evasion) for extra zoomies. It'll help you hit cap REAL quick.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yea I'm still in the fuck Syndicate camp. Locking these assholes up. Fortifications are about the gayest thing since prostate orgasms were discovered.

Rush in, focus down the door, run away, single down the members or clear the adds. That is my strat if you can't facetank it.

Caeden

What are you having problems with? It should be pretty straight forward, base movement speed - 25% + (evasion/600).
I’ll try to post after work. I think it’s my evasion calculation.

So my evasion should be = (base + gear)*(1+ increased by - decreased by)*(1+more)*(1-less)

Does the paper doll screen do the above calc? Using the PoE profile below I’m showing 3313 evasion. When I do the above with Frostferno I think I was getting more than that. At 3312, I’m losing 19 % movement speed overall equipping Queen.

PoE Profile Info Caedrus / Caedria_the_First

Hoping to be able to play tonight. Haven’t played this week due to family stuff and work stuff.

Edit: oops I think I forgot to add in Queen’s boost on my sheet. I’ll re-do it myself at home and compare to PoB.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The sneakiest map mod interaction is Players are Cursed with Vulnerability + Strongbox Caustic Clouds. Caustic Clouds is popped by shooting out a projectile from the strongbox, and if that projectile is buffed it can one shot very beefy characters.

That fucking caustic cloud shit is definately strong, but one habit I have had is to pop potions, hit chest, and leap slam the fuck away lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
That fucking caustic cloud shit is definately strong, but one habit I have had is to pop potions, hit chest, and leap slam the fuck away lol
Thought i'd be cute and drop a warchief totem without popping pots. Freeze + explodes corpses. Couldn't blame anyone but myself for the xp loss.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
kind of excited as this is the first league I managed to successfully sorta of create my own build and not just copy another build . Granted it’s basically just a hybrid of a generic arc trapper build and octavians fire trap build but it’s the closest I’ve gotten to having something succeed on my own. Lot more fun than just following a guide!
I think the flood of good itemization options helps a lot too. Stuff that I consider(ed) op in the past is just so easy and cheap to get now.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At 3312, I’m losing 19 % movement speed overall equipping Queen.

Sounds like you have it figured out, but note that you'll need at least 15,000 evasion to break even on movespeed when equipping QotF due to the -25% reduction.

Caeden

Sounds like you have it figured out, but note that you'll need at least 15,000 evasion to break even on movespeed when equipping QotF due to the -25% reduction.
Here’s what’s got me slightly flummoxed.

I have gear + base evasion = 1096+290 = 1464.

I have 0.78 increased from passives, 0.61 increased from dex, and 4.60 increased from Frostferno. I have no reduced, more or less. I multiply 1464 by 6.99 and get 10,233 evasion. So where the fuck did the 3313 come from?

When I add in Queen’s evasion (I used a roll of 2000 rating on the item and 200% increased), I should get 31,141 evasion. Which is why it’s so prized for evasion based builds like I’m doing. Otherwise, you’d just be a sitting duck....I think.

The math is straightforward but I feel the terms used, while seemingly well defined, obfuscate comparing items. Anyway, gym time then home.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The evasion mods on gear are local and already taken into account in the evasion of the item. For instance, Queen of the Forest has a base item of Destiny Leather which is 601 evasion. Queen of the Forest with 200% increased evasion would make that 1803 evasion listed on the item. Evasion mods on pieces of gear which normally do not contain some kind of a defensive stat (e.g. jewelry, weapons) are global, despite using the same exact wording most of the time.

EDIT: Last night I deleted a character from when Master Crafting was first released -- I had the great idea to craft Increased Evasion % onto a pair of ES gloves, hoping it would make the stat global. It did not work, and I felt like an idiot when mousing over the gloves last night as I recalled that.

EDIT2: Also, this means pieces of gear that achieve high raw values through local increased % (e.g. Brass Dome) scale faaaar less with quality than those pieces that achieve it through high raw value additions (e.g. Empire's Grasp).

Last edited:
  • 1Like