Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I spend more money on PoE than any other game, simply because of how awesome GGG is. I bought the $480 domination awhile back, I'll buy this one too most likely. Domination portal is cool, but the angel is way better :D

Gator

Molten Core Raider
That's insane! I agree in supporting the company but those prices are insane to me. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around spending so much on a cosmetic, though. I must be old... Do you know if this stuff will carry over to the PS4 version? Will it have mod support? Does the Xbox version have it?

The game is awesome! It really picks up in Act IV. Just opened up delving and went into the belly of the beast. Makes you understand how much Diablo III was a step backwards.

Side note: I feel like I'm reading some foreign language when you guys start talking about the inner workings of the game. Thank you for the invite Deathwing Deathwing

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rush in, focus down the door, run away, single down the members or clear the adds. That is my strat if you can't facetank it.

Yea this works sometimes, but sometimes they don't even come out of the fort. The clutter is just too much. The big forts spawn like 6 rares that each spawn stuff on the ground and summon minions. And those rares feel almost Abyss level rippy. Also even with only 1 dmg mod on a map I seem to be getting one shot out of nowhere with 6500 EHP. Shit needs another pass in balance. I'm all for one shot mechanics if you can avoid them. Just feels a little cheesy still. Also master safe house takes too long to build up for not a whole lot of reward. The sub commander safehouses seem to be way more rewarding.

EDIT: I made this post before I saw there was a patch. Looks like GGG also agreed with me. It's kind of crazy having a developer that listens to feedback.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea this works sometimes, but sometimes they don't even come out of the fort. The clutter is just too much. The big forts spawn like 6 rares that each spawn stuff on the ground and summon minions. And those rares feel almost Abyss level rippy. Also even with only 1 dmg mod on a map I seem to be getting one shot out of nowhere with 6500 EHP. Shit needs another pass in balance. I'm all for one shot mechanics if you can avoid them. Just feels a little cheesy still. Also master safe house takes too long to build up for not a whole lot of reward. The sub commander safehouses seem to be way more rewarding.

Agreed, master safehouse should scale rewards based on what you did with all the syndicate members i.e. more rewards based on higher ranks and rewards based on what division they're in.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was a little pissed last night. I alch’d a t5 map because I wanted a particular t6. I’d been trying to SSF my maps as my own personal play my way. Got a 89% quant with 60% item quality. Map was super easy so I was flying. This guy offered to buy something for a few Chaos so I popped out.

He was in my hideout but not. I warped out and back in. He was there. Traded. Then noticed my map portals gone. I guess I was mapping mid-hotfix.

I’m trying to convince myself to use the $150 steam card my grandmother got me on the empyrean pack. But then my buddy will know. And his pragmatic ass will call me a whale. He did buy wow mount shop shit though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Juggs a Marauder tho. My brain feels like Duelist is "faster", for some reason. Smaller frame/hitbox? Eating paint chips as a kid? I dunno

I haven't tweaked the build since the stat stick nerf. Also, I usually PoB for extreme endgame since I understand which parts are necessary to get the build going and which are endgame goals. If you need a "guide", I can write up a short paragraph.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you think the cosmetics are pricey, just come back after you've spent a couple thousands hours on this game. $600 in MTX over 2500 hours is well worth it. Remember, you're indirectly paying for this amount of content every 3 months. Most MMOs don't do this.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
1545399015658.png

Think im going for 40/40 now, the grinds at the end are so much nicer now.

• 7Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 186761

Think im going for 40/40 now, the grinds at the end are so much nicer now.
They do seem easier this league. I was really worried, going from Incursion -> Delve, they didn't learn from the double gem corruption challenge. Instead, seemingly doubled down and gated more challenges behind RNG. Reviewing the challenges again now, I'm actually considering 40/40.

Yeah, probably not.

Oh yeah, post your build! Occultist is probably going to be the most played Ascendancy this league. And only part of that is going to be the cold stuff. No other class fits with CI or LL nearly as well as Occultist. It's ridiculous how much just 4 passives in that class gets you.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They do seem easier this league. I was really worried, going from Incursion -> Delve, they didn't learn from the double gem corruption challenge. Instead, seemingly doubled down and gated more challenges behind RNG. Reviewing the challenges again now, I'm actually considering 40/40.

Yeah, probably not.

Oh yeah, post your build! Occultist is probably going to be the most played Ascendancy this league. And only part of that is going to be the cold stuff. No other class fits with CI or LL nearly as well as Occultist. It's ridiculous how much just 4 passives in that class gets you.

What I found most broken about it was the old school nodes for ES. The almost instant regen of ES with crafted rings + ES on hit watchers eye + ES on hit from Fenumus Boots and Spider Aura crafted on ring meant I could face tank anything in the game with CoC. The only thing I moved for really was the Shaper slam because im at 10k ES and it can hit for 14k.

Had fun this run to got a bunch of our friends up to 98/99 their first fucking leagues just leeching XP and its time to gear them up and help them finish.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What I found most broken about it was the old school nodes for ES. The almost instant regen of ES with crafted rings + ES on hit watchers eye + ES on hit from Fenumus Boots and Spider Aura crafted on ring meant I could face tank anything in the game with CoC. The only thing I moved for really was the Shaper slam because im at 10k ES and it can hit for 14k.

Had fun this run to got a bunch of our friends up to 98/99 their first fucking leagues just leeching XP and its time to gear them up and help them finish.
I'm playing storm brand, so ES on hit is less valuable. Should be quite good with CoC though. What are you crafting with rings that interacts with ES on hit(besides the spider aura)?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm playing storm brand, so ES on hit is less valuable. Should be quite good with CoC though. What are you crafting with rings that interacts with ES on hit(besides the spider aura)?

You craft 24% faster start of energy shield recharge x2, grab essence surge on the tree (so good now, has flat ES too), and Occultist has faster start which means if you dont take dmg for 1 second you regen to full.

The ES on hit is seperate mechanic for face tanking with watchers eye with ES on hit, spider aura + boots as the 2 sources.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You craft 24% faster start of energy shield recharge x2, grab essence surge on the tree (so good now, has flat ES too), and Occultist has faster start which means if you dont take dmg for 1 second you regen to full.

The ES on hit is seperate mechanic for face tanking with watchers eye with ES on hit, spider aura + boots as the 2 sources.
Interesting. Are you taking Ghost Reaver?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've gotten 3 to drop, haven't spent any of them. People complaining about exalts not dropping are almost always at a point in their gear progression where you shouldn't be spending them anyway.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Delve currency nodes

Keep hitting em

I got 4 exalts being semi lazy last league that way

Yeah, I just started running delves the other day. Need to get some more suplhite and azurite to make it effective.

• 1Like