Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It matters because the people that consistently get level 100 are bitter that others can now buy their way to 100. They want it to be this extremely time consuming, mindless grind as opposed to the breachstone way which is a little bit time consuming, mindless grind. I mean 99 alone, with breachstones, is still 80-120 stones, depending on the stone used. It's not like its this 5 minute deal. Don't mean to sound rude about it, but one of the few things I dislike about PoE is the unbelievable amount of people in this game that equate time with difficulty. Running poorjoys over and over is no fucking different than running breachstones over and over. If you're going to remove breachstones, then let's remove all other methods and make people run elder sewer or something over and over. It's fucking dumb.

Some of us like to hit brick walls and be challenged which i know on these forums is far and few between. Dying when your grinding causes you to take a step back, sometimes over and over and over (ie: delve, betrayal mechanics) to correct why we're dying. When you're grinding thousands of maps to 100 they aren't maps you can AFK in with 0 gear and 0 risk of dying. You need to be geared properly, have defense layers, and the maps are rolled with insanely deadly attributes where one mistake can wipe away 6 hours of XP. The fact anyone with a 1 button mouse can AFK to 100 with 0 risk is silly and ensures its going to get taken out.

It was faster in Breach to 100 but you had to earn it with DOUBLE beyond + 200% quantity maps not AFK following someone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Some of us like to hit brick walls and be challenged which i know on these forums is far and few between. Dying when your grinding causes you to take a step back, sometimes over and over and over (ie: delve, betrayal mechanics) to correct why we're dying. When you're grinding thousands of maps to 100 they aren't maps you can AFK in with 0 gear and 0 risk of dying. You need to be geared properly, have defense layers, and the maps are rolled with insanely deadly attributes where one mistake can wipe away 6 hours of XP. The fact anyone with a 1 button mouse can AFK to 100 with 0 risk is silly and ensures its going to get taken out.

It was faster in Breach to 100 but you had to earn it with DOUBLE beyond + 200% quantity maps not AFK following someone.

I’m down with all that in general but the exp penalty doesn’t need to be so draconian to teach lessons. Halve it and it will still be plenty of incentive to tighten up without making people miserable. Well half the misery anyway.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I will agree that there's no choice to pure breachstones. Load it up and afk follow the leader. How you roll your maps or how you spec your character has no bearing on getting to 100.

The time to 100 via pure breachstones, still don't care. If was as quick but people had to be careful and gear around it, I think they would be fine.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Most watchers eyes with 1 meta mod go for 4-6 ex easy even if the other 1/2 are shit.

Yep. I don’t care that much since it’s end of the league but the guy got a deal. I think this is being used on all the CoC builds.

I should have dug into the meta further. I knew it wasn’t used in arc or BV or such builds.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I’m down with all that in general but the exp penalty doesn’t need to be so draconian to teach lessons. Halve it and it will still be plenty of incentive to tighten up without making people miserable. Well half the misery anyway.

The xp penalty is stupid as it is for sure. Even at half it's still harsh at 97 + but that sounds about right.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have the currency to fund my lvl 100? I think my COC dude is around 94.

Want to get grab it while I can and spent the majority of my time in league on the learning curve (still on it)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The xp penalty is stupid as it is for sure. Even at half it's still harsh at 97 + but that sounds about right.

Yeah I would love for them to bring density back and the grind be like it was before the big XP nerf.

Anyone have the currency to fund my lvl 100? I think my COC dude is around 94.

Want to get grab it while I can and spent the majority of my time in league on the learning curve (still on it)

I can throw you some pure breachstones for free if you want to take forum homies with you. I can also throw you some EX, just message me in game this week.

iannis

Musty Nester
This game would be frsutrating. Considering level 90 to be theoretical cap and 91-100 to be group or autism tier increases and game enjoyment infinity percent. Above 85 you're just grinding for stuff anyway, not xp so much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I got to 100 (with breachstones) so I know the grind is real. I died once at 99 because I lagged out and crashed and came back dead, I don't doubt its brutal. There's NO FUCKING WAY I would ever waste my life doing that if breachstones were not available. But that's the thing. I spent a lot of ex getting that, its not like every single person can easily do it. You can still hit the brick wall and be challenged. Just don't run breachstones. But by advocating for their removal because you like to hit that brick wall and you want that as the only option really isn't fair.

Accordingly, I find this no different than sitting in global 820 and seeing the ridiculous things people try to sell. Why would Breachstones to "ez 100" be any different than getting some carry for uber elder for 25c?

PS: Not saying you in the above arguement as in yourself, just saying that in general.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's what I was doing until I started to run low on alchs. Then I just started using chances till alch's piled back up.

The RNGness in zana's atlas mission got a little tedious for me. You've got to collect two strings to the tier that you're aiming for.

I mean I get that that's the game so i'm not raged about it, and I get that if you joined groups and co-ordinated then it's probably a trivial thing. At least there's delve and stuff too. And even with that RNGness it's a significant improvement over when there was no atlas at all and it was just random maps hoping for ledge.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Orb of Binding work on maps, too, if you're low on alchs; OoB were actually cheaper than alchs for most of the league.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You know you're casually asking for ~35 ex, right?

Yeah. If someone casually has it etc, great. If not, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah I would love for them to bring density back and the grind be like it was before the big XP nerf.

I can throw you some pure breachstones for free if you want to take forum homies with you. I can also throw you some EX, just message me in game this week.

Awesome man, thx.

How do I get in on the Korrupt trickle down economics?

You can ride along on whatever. Any forum Bros are welcome. I have a few ex, and some other currency I'll convert.

Will try to save whatever materials for when we have at least 3 or 4 forum ppl on.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
From what I understand, PS4 is a bitch to program and certify.

I'm trying out a Rain of Arrows, HoAg Occultist. I really wish there was a way to curse Projectile Weakness somewhere else so that I could put an Enhance-juiced Enfeeble and Temp Chains on my RoA. If you had to chose only one to get Enhance, which would be better?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If you can get into the delve, you can use the shitty aberrant fossils on maps instead of your alchs. they do the same thing and sometimes roll good pack size. Aberrant fossils are everywhere in the mine. Or you can probably ask someone for 10 for a chaos or something if they are selling them. Resonators are easy to come by in the mine or the silver single slots are really cheap too.