Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Jewel corruption is enough. The other bleeds don't really stack like corrupting blood so it's much less painful.
The damage itself isn't painful. Causing your ES not to recharge, however...

I might get a dousing flask for the same reason.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was looking at an incandescent heart that dropped for me last week and I just thought, wow, if you can take CI that's really quite nice - specially for delve. Then I looked for a build but there's nothing recent anywhere on the forums. I always thought ES builds were like crazy expensive for the most part - you can get ES on hit though right? So you can regen ES like that? It's not like you're just standing there waiting to go back to full? I swear I had a jewel that had ES gained on hit on it at some point.

I'm not playing jugg as a starter, that shit was too expensive you need like 15ex of gear for that hybrid build at the start of a league, 3 ex for a Grelwoods and people are buying them all and reselling them (using the not bannable trading software scripts) deliberately inflating the prices and stuff. It's enjoyable to play jugg but i found the clear speed on the hybrid build to be abysmal - no doubt there's better builds out there, dual neb looks pretty rocking as that can do 1k +delves so it must have good dps.

Wish they would do something about the way the markets are manipulated. Games fucking rigged unless you get in early like korrupt and get exalts/mirrors early doors.

Incandescent is nice on a HoWA build - it's tanky as fuck

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I’m debating whether to go league or not when the next one hits. I started in standard, is there any particular reason to do league? I have a good currency/item base and can pretty much roll up any build that catches my eye. Starting over every 3 months seems odd to me. Rolling new characters is one thing, losing, in essence, your entire account is another. I’ts not like I’ll take the time to run differential equations in my head about how to get an edge on a league start. Not to mention playing a melee class seems like a sure fire way to fall behind the curve.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If economy is not an issue for you, then it will all depend on what the league mechanic is and if you want to beta test, I mean play, it. For example, Delve league was awesome, Betrayal? Not so much.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going league is always going to have a higher population and its pretty fun for the first month.

They are killing me postponing the announcement until next week :(

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got a pob/forum link for a good HoWA build? Still learning so need a guide - heh.

Forum - Marauder - [3.5] Immune HOWA Jugg | CI 13-16k es | 1 - 5m shaper dps | Indestructible | Uber Elder video up - Path of Exile

I've used this one - You can use either blade flurry or MS depending on what skill you like. Ci build thats freeze/stun/ignite/shock proof and extremely tanky to both phys and elemental damage. Only downside is I don't particularly like either BF or MS as skills.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can someone explain bossing using Storm Brand?

It appears most folks just brand the boss then toss Lightning spire traps out on the boss. The brands just tick away and you maintain your traps?

I am doing 1M shaper dps now. Gonna try to knock out Uber Elder this weekend. Slow as shit. But last league I only played the last two weeks and made it to t12. Progress!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Forum - Marauder - [3.5] Immune HOWA Jugg | CI 13-16k es | 1 - 5m shaper dps | Indestructible | Uber Elder video up - Path of Exile

I've used this one - You can use either blade flurry or MS depending on what skill you like. Ci build thats freeze/stun/ignite/shock proof and extremely tanky to both phys and elemental damage. Only downside is I don't particularly like either BF or MS as skills.
build author said:
Very fast mapper
Blade flurry

:emoji_thinking:

That is the downside to HoWA builds, they have access to some pretty shit skills. Molten strike makes clearing bearable and it helps that likely the reason for even doing a serious HoWA build, delve, favors the molten strike - ancestral call blob quite heavily.

I wish they'd nerf MS already just so they can do a large correction to melee skills. Hell, just the idea of clear and single target skill is pretty much dead. With how far they've pushed the game with Delve and Betrayal, it doesn't feel good running a build devotes 10 skill gems to clearing and bossing.

I would suggest a BLS Jugg if you want something that comes pretty much equal(it's a tad slower) to HoWA Jugg but has access to non-shit clearing skills like Tectonic Slam and Consecrated Path. It's MUCH cheaper too!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone explain bossing using Storm Brand?

It appears most folks just brand the boss then toss Lightning spire traps out on the boss. The brands just tick away and you maintain your traps?

I am doing 1M shaper dps now. Gonna try to knock out Uber Elder this weekend. Slow as shit. But last league I only played the last two weeks and made it to t12. Progress!

I stopped using lightning spire traps/storm call...anything like that..just use storm brand. Run around and refresh them with brand recall and recasts when necessary. it took me just under 4 minutes to kill Uelder just now (timed it)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
:emoji_thinking:

That is the downside to HoWA builds, they have access to some pretty shit skills. Molten strike makes clearing bearable and it helps that likely the reason for even doing a serious HoWA build, delve, favors the molten strike - ancestral call blob quite heavily.

I wish they'd nerf MS already just so they can do a large correction to melee skills. Hell, just the idea of clear and single target skill is pretty much dead. With how far they've pushed the game with Delve and Betrayal, it doesn't feel good running a build devotes 10 skill gems to clearing and bossing.

I would suggest a BLS Jugg if you want something that comes pretty much equal(it's a tad slower) to HoWA Jugg but has access to non-shit clearing skills like Tectonic Slam and Consecrated Path. It's MUCH cheaper too!

I've stopped giving any faith to ggg's skill balance when they release skills like tectonic slam while groundslam/earthquake still exist but they pretend don't.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've stopped giving any faith to ggg's skill balance when they release skills like tectonic slam while groundslam/earthquake still exist but they pretend don't.
Yeah. Tectonic Slam, namely the idea of consuming endurance charges for a bonus, should have been a threshold jewel or support gem, not a new skill. A lot of skill gems could get this treatment actually. It is kinda galling that TS' current area outclasses Earthquake's old area. But at the same time, it's a single player game essentially. If they properly balanced the game, I'd be clearing screens with a samey skill with a different name. The only real issue is that I hope they aren't devoting a lot of resources to balancing skills or coming up with these new ones that are similar to existing ones.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I can't wait for Sweep to be the best skill in the game!

JK. I had been waiting for Arctic Breath to be good for YEARS and they redid it and made it possibly worse. Sad.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there a quick way to get deeper in delve or do I just have to slowly-ish work my way down? I'm mid-80s but delve monsters are only 60ish...

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is there a quick way to get deeper in delve or do I just have to slowly-ish work my way down? I'm mid-80s but delve monsters are only 60ish...

So the straight path that is given to you ends at like, lvl 58ish? After that you have to choose your destiny. You have to path off to the sides then keep going down to get deeper. I believe max level monsters which is lvl 83 are depth 240ish this league. There are also thresholds for sulphite costs. So going from lvl 67 monsters to lvl 68 monsters is a double in cost per node sulphite. So it'll go from like 25 sulphite to 50 per node traveled. I don't remember the breakdowns, but I imagine it's per map tier. So lvl 68, lvl 75ish, and lvl 80ish.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Killed uber elder with the bow ele hit...pretty much the same difficulty and time spent as stormbrand. Take it a bit more when you dish it out but you get better defenses and life leech slayer/pathfinder too so it evens out.
Had one stupid death though :D

Now for the next league. Heard in passing cause i had a stream on in a 2nd tab that syndicate is going core and not as rare as the other older league masters, dont have any proof of that to link though but i asssume it should be out there unless he was just speakin out of his ass.

iannis

Musty Nester
syndicate will kind of suck if it's not 100% per zone.

Not much reason to push it core if 99% of your playerbase ignores it. But PoE do how PoE do.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
PM me on Showoddywoddy - I play UK times though!

Hey man, don't worry about it anymore. With league so close to done I'm mostly just going to focus on what to play next league based on the announcement.
Might do a golemancer where i can just focus on not getting hit, or something that can take big hits.