Path of Exile

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
What build are you running, I easily have more gear than money to hand out as well. Really good high end gear not just normal stuff.

Essence drain trickster. My gear isn’t terrible rings and amulet probably my worst slots. I mostly struggle with surviving in red maps. My Essence Drain casts and moves slow. Sometimes I get swarmed before I can get both contagion and ED cast. This is also a problem in delves.

I think maybe I am just too green still and would be better off with a more defensive chest.

At one point I tried adding a 6L Vaal blight setup on a cane of unraveling, but I started dying even more.

I also had leveled up a spectral throw ranger to 82 but was also dying like crazy.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Gzngahr

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I was thinking of buying a headhunter as i've got the cash for it finally - I'm umming and ahhing about whether to spend it on scarabs instead and trying for 1k in the Delve over the weekend instead. I don't much value in a headhunter for Delving deep to be honest.

Essence drain trickster. My gear isn’t terrible rings and amulet probably my worst slots. I mostly struggle with surviving in red maps. My Essence Drain casts and moves slow. Sometimes I get swarmed before I can get both contagion and ED cast. This is also a problem in delves.

I think maybe I am just too green still and would be better off with a more defensive chest.

At one point I tried adding a 6L Vaal blight setup on a cane of unraveling, but I started dying even more.

I also had leveled up a spectral throw ranger to 82 but was also dying like crazy.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Gzngahr

Do you want a 6 link loreweave? It's corrupt and has all white sockets, it's 79% resists but the rest is well rolled? That way if you change something you haven't got to fuck about coloring it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking of buying a headhunter as i've got the cash for it finally - I'm umming and ahhing about whether to spend it on scarabs instead and trying for 1k in the Delve over the weekend instead. I don't much value in a headhunter for Delving deep to be honest.

Do you want a 6 link loreweave? It's corrupt and has all white sockets, it's 79% resists but the rest is well rolled? That way if you change something you haven't got to fuck about coloring it.

I would give it a go for sure. It’s the current recommended chest for ele buzz saw build I was trying to follow. Can try on ED char too but may be too big a hit on DPS there for losing +1 gems on skin of the loyal.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I'm loving this game now on my 2nd go. So much to do and build diversity. However, I'm ready for this new league to start so I can experience the fully populated game!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I would give it a go for sure. It’s the current recommended chest for ele buzz saw build I was trying to follow. Can try on ED char too but may be too big a hit on DPS there for losing +1 gems on skin of the loyal.

PM me on Showoddywoddy - I play UK times though!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've pretty much dropped out of this league for various reasons and am just waiting for the new one. I think I'm gonna do a brand build this time around, since those seem pretty OP and easy to start a league with cheaply. However, I'm thinking of trying to combine that with a CI build. There may already be something like that out there, but most of them I see don't, and I'm hoping to build this one myself for the most part. I understand the drawbacks to a CI build, particularly the part where you have to start regenerating, you can't just hit a flask or something (although 25% recovered when you focus is something I'd want to try for). But it just seems to me that being able to get 11k+ ES without really trying too hard, or spending too much, is ridiculously overpowered. And with being able to pretty much just run around (phased even) while the brands kill stuff, it seems like a no-brainer.

Am I missing some reason why CI wouldn't be a good idea for that build?

Also, I see so many different base class choices for brands, I can't really decide which one would be best. Is there really no consensus?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I was looking at an incandescent heart that dropped for me last week and I just thought, wow, if you can take CI that's really quite nice - specially for delve. Then I looked for a build but there's nothing recent anywhere on the forums. I always thought ES builds were like crazy expensive for the most part - you can get ES on hit though right? So you can regen ES like that? It's not like you're just standing there waiting to go back to full? I swear I had a jewel that had ES gained on hit on it at some point.

I'm not playing jugg as a starter, that shit was too expensive you need like 15ex of gear for that hybrid build at the start of a league, 3 ex for a Grelwoods and people are buying them all and reselling them (using the not bannable trading software scripts) deliberately inflating the prices and stuff. It's enjoyable to play jugg but i found the clear speed on the hybrid build to be abysmal - no doubt there's better builds out there, dual neb looks pretty rocking as that can do 1k +delves so it must have good dps.

Wish they would do something about the way the markets are manipulated. Games fucking rigged unless you get in early like korrupt and get exalts/mirrors early doors.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I've pretty much dropped out of this league for various reasons and am just waiting for the new one. I think I'm gonna do a brand build this time around, since those seem pretty OP and easy to start a league with cheaply. However, I'm thinking of trying to combine that with a CI build. There may already be something like that out there, but most of them I see don't, and I'm hoping to build this one myself for the most part. I understand the drawbacks to a CI build, particularly the part where you have to start regenerating, you can't just hit a flask or something (although 25% recovered when you focus is something I'd want to try for). But it just seems to me that being able to get 11k+ ES without really trying too hard, or spending too much, is ridiculously overpowered. And with being able to pretty much just run around (phased even) while the brands kill stuff, it seems like a no-brainer.

Am I missing some reason why CI wouldn't be a good idea for that build?

Also, I see so many different base class choices for brands, I can't really decide which one would be best. Is there really no consensus?

CI's fine. I threw together a lowlife occultist crit storm brand that worked quite well. CI might be better for 600+ delving though? But at deeper depths, I'd switch to a HoWA or HoAg build. 11k es on an occultist CI storm brand character, looking at poe.ninja, isn't common and the dps on those builds seems weak compared to what I had.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
CI's fine. I threw together a lowlife occultist crit storm brand that worked quite well. CI might be better for 600+ delving though? But at deeper depths, I'd switch to a HoWA or HoAg build. 11k es on an occultist CI storm brand character, looking at poe.ninja, isn't common and the dps on those builds seems weak compared to what I had.
Well, I was taking the 11k from my cold occultist build, so perhaps with brands you can't take all the same stuff, but I was amazed at how easily I could get pretty high ES. I ended up with less than that because I redistributed some points, but I could have had that much no problem. But I don't really know what the dps is like on brands, I felt like cold snap and vortex were wrecking shit pretty easily so I just assumed with similar point expenditures brands would be fairly similar. I could be way off though. I honestly have no idea how to gauge dps without just trying it, even with PoB numbers.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really want to go melee this time. Done tons of ranged. But I still will probably do arc then respec to BV. Though BV seems a decent starter too.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm 100% going storm brand next league from the start. Fuck anything else. That shit was baller.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah if no nerfs happen Storm Brand is the new league start, that shit is amazing on shit gear even.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the bow ele hit build has just been a constant search for something to prevent an insta splat to nasty map mods and syndicates. I've been so prone to going splat in 1 hit even with ~ 8k life cause the defenses are evasion and dodge. I mostly blame it on the playstile thats forced on you, especially if you want to kill some syndicate guys before they run away, you're basically forced to just dish it out (chin sol and point blank) like some melee guy but whitout the endurance charges/shield/fortify etc. The dps isnt unfair or broken either, its basically the same as storm brand in my experience with some tradeoffs for map clearing (range vs inpulsas), alltough i would say storm brand is still more braindead so its easier to just zoom zoom around and let the brands do all the aiming.

I tried frostferno (corrupted with +2 lightning gems) and ranged attack totems but that seemed worse to me cause the totem just dies right away so i didnt find that way a valid defensive alternative atleast without changing the whole passive tree. And just having frostferno as a 2nd single target setup didnt work out for me either, it is probably 30-50% more dps but i would lose alot of sockets for other things and about 500hp and -9 fire resistance to mobs near me instead of just changing weapons like i do now to go from map clear to boss kill.

Recently started blasphemy +enfeeble and spider aspect and i think it's doing something cause i havent died in a while. Before that in different combinations has been cwdt+warlords+IC (dont get endurance charges really) and herald of purity (maybe the mobs would tank something, and they do sorta, but thats just another sort of dodge/evade mechanic, still wont save you if you get shat on) and also decoy totem.

And this conclusion is after having spent a whole lot more on gear for this build than storm brand too. i would estimate 30ex so far versus 10 (alltough my 3.5ex MoM+ES on hit watchers eye seems to be worth alot more now).

Wouldn't reccomend it for anyone that wants to go late game, the payoffs not there, can probably make an ok version cheaply for a league starter to clear earlier maps but if they dont change storm brand and other abilities i dont see why you should.

Haven't tried Uelder yet but soon.

If i set everything up correctly, pob says 750k shaper dps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you're playing an ES recharge character as your primary means of sustain, still get a staunching flask or jewel corruption good enough?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So the bow ele hit build has just been a constant search for something to prevent an insta splat to nasty map mods and syndicates. I've been so prone to going splat in 1 hit even with ~ 8k life cause the defenses are evasion and dodge. I mostly blame it on the playstile thats forced on you, especially if you want to kill some syndicate guys before they run away, you're basically forced to just dish it out (chin sol and point blank) like some melee guy but whitout the endurance charges/shield/fortify etc. The dps isnt unfair or broken either, its basically the same as storm brand in my experience with some tradeoffs for map clearing (range vs inpulsas), alltough i would say storm brand is still more braindead so its easier to just zoom zoom around and let the brands do all the aiming.

I tried frostferno (corrupted with +2 lightning gems) and ranged attack totems but that seemed worse to me cause the totem just dies right away so i didnt find that way a valid defensive alternative atleast without changing the whole passive tree. And just having frostferno as a 2nd single target setup didnt work out for me either, it is probably 30-50% more dps but i would lose alot of sockets for other things and about 500hp and -9 fire resistance to mobs near me instead of just changing weapons like i do now to go from map clear to boss kill.

Recently started blasphemy +enfeeble and spider aspect and i think it's doing something cause i havent died in a while. Before that in different combinations has been cwdt+warlords+IC (dont get endurance charges really) and herald of purity (maybe the mobs would tank something, and they do sorta, but thats just another sort of dodge/evade mechanic, still wont save you if you get shat on) and also decoy totem.

And this conclusion is after having spent a whole lot more on gear for this build than storm brand too. i would estimate 30ex so far versus 10 (alltough my 3.5ex MoM+ES on hit watchers eye seems to be worth alot more now).

Wouldn't reccomend it for anyone that wants to go late game, the payoffs not there, can probably make an ok version cheaply for a league starter to clear earlier maps but if they dont change storm brand and other abilities i dont see why you should.

Haven't tried Uelder yet but soon.

If i set everything up correctly, pob says 750k shaper dps.

Pretty much my experience. I dropped only about 10ex on mine, but even in t14 it’s splat with 8 mods sometimes. I cleared some t16 before I lost interest in the build. Would still go splat randomly.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you're playing an ES recharge character as your primary means of sustain, still get a staunching flask or jewel corruption good enough?

Jewel corruption is enough. The other bleeds don't really stack like corrupting blood so it's much less painful.