Path of Exile

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I don't even know what that means but I'm still a huge newb.

Someone let me know if they change Arc Totems at all!

Also the third reply to that link is from a Jerle.

It was all a hoax!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I don't even know what that means but I'm still a huge newb.

Someone let me know if they change Arc Totems at all!

Also the third reply to that link is from a Jerle.

It was all a hoax!

It's just how GGG has a habit of rebalancing/releasing skills that convert 50% of a damage type to another type(in this case, Physical to Lightning).

Not sure if you have given Storm Brand a try but it feels better than Arc totems for clear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Alongside the new league, a huge number of spells are being rebalanced.
Read as: FUCK YOU MELEE
Also read as: Arc will be nerfed.

I know current storm burst sucks, but it seems odd that they're redoing it already. I had to go look it up, it was introduced with 3.0 in August 2017. Looking at poe.ninja, molten strike is the only "melee" skill that is competitive. Cyclone doesn't count, it's being use to proc spells.

Unless...shit, they're rebalancing most spells down to Sweep's level.

Seems bad that quite a few recently introduced skills are already getting reworks.

And fuck whatever faggots work at gamepedia. What horrible aidsy shit did they introduce to their websites recently that makes the webpage reload twice, causing each click to take 3+ seconds?

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hope arc doesnt get nerfed but we'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Are patch notes gonna be set in stone or is this a company that will tweak based on player response/feedback?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They'll do one or two last minute changes if theres a huge freakout like a 1k reddit thread, but they don't change much. Any tweaks will come a week or two into the league.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The notes still arent up FFS =((

Hope arc doesnt get nerfed but we'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Are patch notes gonna be set in stone or is this a company that will tweak based on player response/feedback?

Written in stone pretty much and we wont get the specific patch notes until the week of the patch so next week. The development manifesto will come before but only give us an idea.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
3 sets to go after Uber elder tonight. Then I’m calling it. He’s probably out of my league skill-wise. I’ve had a two death shaper runs and a 1 death red elder run, killed both first time seeing. But I’m expecting to get my shit pushed in. The EE vid was fantastic though.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I hate channelling skills, they feel like they break up play, Winter's orb was decent but overall it's cons outweigh it's pro's for mapping fucking quick - even with duration on everything and an enchant. I like the crawler cause it's based around you attacking more.

Arc probably needs a nerf doesn't it? I haven't played it.

Read as: FUCK YOU MELEE
Also read as: Arc will be nerfed.

I know current storm burst sucks, but it seems odd that they're redoing it already. I had to go look it up, it was introduced with 3.0 in August 2017. Looking at poe.ninja, molten strike is the only "melee" skill that is competitive. Cyclone doesn't count, it's being use to proc spells.

Unless...shit, they're rebalancing most spells down to Sweep's level.

Seems bad that quite a few recently introduced skills are already getting reworks.

And fuck whatever faggots work at gamepedia. What horrible aidsy shit did they introduce to their websites recently that makes the webpage reload twice, causing each click to take 3+ seconds?

I noticed that - whatever ad server they are using is absolutely shit, it's completely fucking up page loading.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
3 sets to go after Uber elder tonight. Then I’m calling it. He’s probably out of my league skill-wise. I’ve had a two death shaper runs and a 1 death red elder run, killed both first time seeing. But I’m expecting to get my shit pushed in. The EE vid was fantastic though.

This is what I used to think when I couldn’t kill him after like 5-6 sets trying on miner/trapper builds. Then I had an almost deathless kill on my first attempt with a build with high life/leech rate and running PoI. I think the skill needed for that fight is very build specific. You either have to be a dodging artist, or you can basically be just good enuf to dodge (most) shaper balls, depending on what build you pick

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
And here...we...go!

Inspired by board game mechanics...

First "Exile Con" at end of the year which will announce 4.0 "mega expansion" for next year.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Shame they couldn't get the same voice actor for the Shaper.

Some of those implicits and fixed affixes look very powerful, interesting what you could do with them.

Chris says in the video they are rebalancing *ALL* spells. Also, they showed arc when he was mentioning that. So...don't plan to league start as Arc ;)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Arc might still get nerfed. Interesting that they're going to be trying to rescale all spells at once. With the new supports some old shit will probably become OP again. Chaos Occultist should be pretty strong, since it's already pretty good but the new spell looks like it'll make it a lot less annoying to trash clear than ED+contagion.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Path of Exile

Website is up. I was looking at the example synthesized helm that gives +max mana and +1 max fire resistance and I thought "Still wouldn't want this over a lab enchant". Next item, boots, lab enchant coexists with synthesized implicit(which is fucking onslaught of all things). FUCK! They just made helm enchants 10x more annoying.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Path of Exile

Website is up. I was looking at the example synthesized helm that gives +max mana and +1 max fire resistance and I thought "Still wouldn't want this over a lab enchant". Next item, boots, lab enchant coexists with synthesized implicit(which is fucking onslaught of all things). FUCK! They just made helm enchants 10x more annoying.

I'm reading that ZiggyD mentioned somewhere that Lab enchants won't take up the implicit slot on items now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
lol, Nebulis broken as fuck. Call of the Brotherhood is going to be in the exalt range next league.

Nevermind, it's probably capped, not uncapped.

Last edited: