Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
1550214187207.png

Xevron, you're in the wrong thread. Or am I?

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ruminating a bit more skill balancing and overlap. I'm currently playing an Occultist - Rain of Arrow - HoAg( Vorph Vorph clears decently well, no dervishes required). The only thing really bothering me about the build is the minion AI. Why is Brand Recall 3s with heavy CDR support and Convocation 8s with moderate CDR support?

I know it's a bit more nuanced than this, but is it REALLY that bad if you could summons your minions, totems, traps, and mines to you as often you can Brands? I'm willing to bet Brand Recall started out as Totem Recall(we got Multiple Totem support this patch...) and they just couldn't make it work for some reason.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I need a build for next season that is cheap, high survivability, enough dps to do most end game and dumb enough for me to understand

dizzie

Triggered Happy
MS jugg isn't cheap though.

Might try saboteur this time around. Not sure about the playstyle is the only thing - Gonna wait and see what they announce - hopefully something new will become flavour of the month and it wont cost a fortune to gear something decent.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I think the prices are just really inflated for jugg, even the simplest of items is expensive. I see your point though.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I played a hierophant arc totem and it was incrediably cheap, did most of the stuff with a 5 link chest until I got some ex and bought a 6 link. I have no desire to kill shaper so I did all the maps up to tier 14 with no problem at all and have done 2 guardians for no real reason. I have 15 ex left over I could spend but don't know what else I would buy that would really help at this point. Getting to uber elder and shaper would probably ramp up clost a good bit tho.

Having said that I won't be playing it again any time soon. Just spamming totem and flask to clear curses on myself and that's about it.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh. You can get a shield and a grelshank starter for what? 100c? Yeah the attack speed corruption is fucking expensive. And the hat isn’t that bad if you don’t go perfect. And that’ll get you through 99% of content right?

• 1Like

Caeden

I played a hierophant arc totem and it was incrediably cheap, did most of the stuff with a 5 link chest until I got some ex and bought a 6 link. I have no desire to kill shaper so I did all the maps up to tier 14 with no problem at all and have done 2 guardians for no real reason. I have 15 ex left over I could spend but don't know what else I would buy that would really help at this point. Getting to uber elder and shaper would probably ramp up clost a good bit tho.

Having said that I won't be playing it again any time soon. Just spamming totem and flask to clear curses on myself and that's about it.

I spent maybe 5ex including the two for +1 totem and cleared all but Uber Elder easily. Almost had a deathless shaper until I got cute against the last miniboss and once on shaper. The third death I flat fucked up and put a puddle by Zana.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Good luck getting a grelwoods for 100c - they were 3ex on the 2nd day of the league and never went below 1.8ex for the first couple weeks.

tho if you buy the ex that early i guess it's 100c?

• 1Like

Caeden

Yeah. I was probably looking a month out when trying to figure out what to dick around with next. I found a bunch for 100c then.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Stash tab sale right now until new league announcement on Tuesday; picked up a fragment, essence, and quad stash for cheap.

I think I'm sticking with Hiero Arc Totem for next league to start and figure out what new thing to try when I get some funds.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Grelwoods tanked in price pretty quick. 2+ex lasted for about a week, and then fell under 1ex by about 2-3 weeks, so depends on how fast you want to get your starter up to speed.

Xophs price is kinda up in the air cause a lot will depend on if pure breachstones are still a thing.

Buying a +2 molten strike hat was like 2-3ex from league start for basics like devotos and prices never really budged from there.

You don't really "need" anything to go right in to mapping with MS, but your DPS and clear speed is gonna be aids until you have at least Grelwood.

If you do want to start MS set up live searches super early for watchers eyes with good anger mods on them, then were ridiculously cheap like day 3 as people were just starting to get them and only went up in price as time went on.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think the prices are just really inflated for jugg, even the simplest of items is expensive. I see your point though.
Expensive is relative too ;) I consider a build that takes single digits of exalts to gear out for most content to be cheap. If your budget is 10s of chaos per slot, I think you're going to be disappointed. You can do the high-end content, sure, but it's going to be rough and likely frequented with one-shots.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Herald of agony pathfinder is really cheap and it's DPS is insane for the price you pay. Tabula and 5link quill rain and you can kill all the guardians no problem.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Agreed, I'm playing that type of build right now. I actually like the Occultist version much better. I don't think pathfinder really adds much to the build.

Caeden

Normally I’m not an achievement guy but I decided to go for just 24. Holy hell is the one on the crater map annoying with arc.