Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
One thing to consider with these new Sythensised implicit items.... can we chance uniques out of them? Cause that's a huuuuuuuuuge game changer and chance orbs will be worth a ton.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If you go to PoE DB (here specifically: Fossil Crafting) you can select your item type and what fossils you want to use and it'll tell you the likelier outcome affixes. It's how I made the CoC bow I linked a few pages back. I was just fucking around and noticed I could get a pretty high chance at getting CoC and burned 4 fossils with blockers and selectors and got basically exactly what I wanted first try. Obviously fossils don't always hit, but it's really helpful when you're trying to use blocking. If you use 4 socket resos you can really block the fuck out of an entire attack type such as all phys or all elemental. Pretty nice.

Yeah, I used that to craft boots cause they are a bitch...

Edit: I meant to say that's pretty much why 4 socket resonators exist in my original post. Boots are ultra cunty to make though.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lol. Burned three sets on Uber elder. Just so much shit going on and I got one shot a lot by his projectiles. Got them to 50% on all three at least. I think I was almost at 25% on shaper. Next league!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Lol. Burned three sets on Uber elder. Just so much shit going on and I got one shot a lot by his projectiles. Got them to 50% on all three at least. I think I was almost at 25% on shaper. Next league!

Yeah he's a fucking asshole, I've done deathless shaper's and red elders but I can't do him.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just needs practice, keep trying. I think I burned 4 sets on my first kill with an arc trapper. I got 2 complete sets I'm not going to use if you want them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Time for a multiple choice question.

Whomever created the Grasping Vines rare modifier is a faggot.

A. Agree
B. Agree
C. Agree
D. More faggoty than faggot

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Just needs practice, keep trying. I think I burned 4 sets on my first kill with an arc trapper. I got 2 complete sets I'm not going to use if you want them.
I could burn them if you want! I completed a 4th set...got him to 50%. Honestly though, I think I need to tweak gear/setup or something. I'm getting oneshot sometimes by elder ice spears or whatever. Which means when I get to the last elder abilities, i'm gonna get crushed. I'm dodging most but even an errant one is killing me. Cold is my lowest and i'm only sitting at 87%, so not very overcapped. I think they probably penetrate some too.

I'd say I probably need to up my health too. MOM with about 4600 health and 2500 mana. Seems like it should be enough...but probably not for as clutzy as I am.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I could burn them if you want! I completed a 4th set...got him to 50%. Honestly though, I think I need to tweak gear/setup or something. I'm getting oneshot sometimes by elder ice spears or whatever. Which means when I get to the last elder abilities, i'm gonna get crushed. I'm dodging most but even an errant one is killing me. Cold is my lowest and i'm only sitting at 87%, so not very overcapped. I think they probably penetrate some too.

I'd say I probably need to up my health too. MOM with about 4600 health and 2500 mana. Seems like it should be enough...but probably not for as clutzy as I am.
I very much doubt any boss penetrates resistances.

Elder can double tap you with ice spears, is that what was happening? Otherwise, if one spear is killing you, that seems precarious that you're going to need to dodge every spear.

Circle strafing is the key to that fight. Almost every fight actually. Have you considered recording the fight?

Caeden

I have. To see what I’m doing wrong. I was definitely circle strafing.

Perhaps I was getting double tapped.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I very much doubt any boss penetrates resistances.

Elder can double tap you with ice spears, is that what was happening? Otherwise, if one spear is killing you, that seems precarious that you're going to need to dodge every spear.

Circle strafing is the key to that fight. Almost every fight actually. Have you considered recording the fight?

Shaper balls/beam penetrate cold. Not sure if Elder shit does.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Dev confirmed on Reddit that next patch (3.7) will have the melee rebalance.

the actual quote is as follows

As for melee, it's certainly on our radar and is likely to be the focus of 3.7.0 balance work. The design team have some good ideas that I'm quite excited about.

Notice the go-to's for any game dev: using the word likely, design team has good ideas, they are excited but you have to wait
I swear to fucking god, if I had read it on mmo-c as a blue quote without the patch number, I would have thought it to be from wow. I can't tell the difference between Wow and PoE dev any more.
Melee in PoE is as shit as it is in WoW with the same problems. Ranged just have it too easy when it comes to dealing damage, dodging incoming damage or boss abilities

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's like early D3. Fucking melee couldn't do Inferno because shit hit SO fucking hard you'd just die. You could stack a zillion defense, but then you'd do zero dps, hence the early zdps shit. HOWEVER all the ranged characters could do whatever the fuck they wanted if they were good enough at kiting.

They just need to make armor actually work or some shit. They gave melee fortify to try and mitigate the extra damage they took, but it was never enough. Just let 2handers get fucking mega block chance (besides staffs lul) or something.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Up until 3.4, that content didn't exist. Melee has it harder, yes, especially if you never swap out multistrike for some reason. But for the most part, you learn the fight and know what shit to dodge, your margin for error is a bit lower than ranged.

Delve introduced unendingly scaling content, which is ironically topped by a "melee" character(HoWA Occultist) on some solo leaderboards, Betrayal introduced chaotic, hard to learn, hard to dodge fights. And it looks like Synthesis is going to follow Delve in the scaling path.

I guess my point is that this has always been an issue, but it hasn't been a real important issue until Delve. So, I'm fine with giving them some slack since it's relatively new. Until then, watch some serious hardcore players do some quad-digit Auls. It's like a completely different game.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I took vigilant strike a few days back as it has the threshold jewel that makes fortify 30 seconds long. That shit shouldn't really be available to you if you aren't melee. It's super overpowered - tag a whiite mob and have 20% damage reduction for 30 seconds? For anyone at all?

I want a good melee - I mean I played jugg and levelled with Sunder and it was all a bit underwhelming. Jugg's absolutely awful at speed clearing and compared to occultist it's survivability is quite meh. My 20ex jugg couldn't do fuck all in delve post 500 but my level 72 occultist in incandescent heart and nothing else valuable can easily clear the delves. Melee needs some love.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Got a question for the expansion veterans. When about in relation to release do PoB usually have all the new info so you can theorize new builds?

Release Schedule (New Zealand Time)

• Monday, March 4th : Synthesis League Challenge Rewards
  • Tuesday, March 5th: Betrayal League ends, 3.6 Balance Manifesto
  • Wednesday, March 6th: 3.6.0 Patch Notes, Passive Tree and Item Filter Information
  • Thursday, March 7th: Complete new/updated skill gem numbers
  • Friday, March 8th: Patching timeline and (maybe) torrent
  • Saturday, March 9th: 3.6 & Synthesis League Launch. This is March 8th for most of the world — please see the countdown on www.pathofexile.com to determine the launch time for your timezone. XBox launch will likely be March 12th NZT. PS4 version will launch sometime in March.

It's a tentative schedule mind you, they could always change stuff around, but that's also what they did for the past few expansions. By wednesday you can start actually making builds since the tools are updated for the changes, but you need to wait for thursday to make sure the new stuff is actually good, and since they're redoing all spells, I think this time you'll have to wait until thursday to start anything, other than making a generic "lightning casting build" or whatever and then see what fits better for it. Do note it's NZ time, so like 10AM on a wednesday in NZ is basically tuesday in most of the rest of the world, especially the US west which is like 20hours behind or some shit, although generally they release stuff later in the day(patch notes especially), so you could count tuesday evening for the US and middle of the night for EU.